Louisville

It's wrong, though. The only way we can win this game is if we finish at least the 6th inning.
I get that part, I'm not sure how we get the L on a suspended game, even with no completion of 6th inning. If it can't be made up, that is really really crappy. It makes you think they were changing pitchers just to be ******* and rule us out of it.

Advertisement
This is what I was sent.. I didn't start watching until the 5th when Miami was batting..

Section 8.

Regulation game

B. It shall be a regulation game if called by the umpire at any time after 5 inning have been completed, and the score shall be that of the last equal inning played, except that in the following circumstances the score of game shall be the total number of runs that each team has scored

That is correct. That's the NCAA rule. We just need to find out if there is a Halted Game rule in the ACC.

What he posted isn't "the rule", it's a wikipedia post in the subject of rainouts. The NCAA rule is that the game reverts back to the last complete inning, but conferences can create their own "Halted Game" rules. What we need is the ACC rule, not a wikipedia entry.

Exactly.. I have the rule sent to me from a friend that did the MLB umpiring school several years ago.. He keeps the rule books saved yearly.

I get that part, I'm not sure how we get the L on a suspended game, even with no completion of 6th inning. If it can't be made up, that is really really crappy. It makes you think they were changing pitchers just to be ******* and rule us out of it.

Yeah, you revert back to the last complete inning. If we don't resume today or tomorrow, the final score is 3-1.

Advertisement

5 innings is considered and full game and you can’t call a game in the middle of an inning. Both teams have to have the same number of at bats. So it would go back to the 5th inning as the last completed inning.

Don’t know if anybody has mentioned it yet, but no make up games either in ACC play. If you can’t finish it that weekend it’s over

Advertisement
5 innings is considered and full game and you can’t call a game in the middle of an inning. Both teams have to have the same number of at bats. So it would go back to the 5th inning as the last completed inning.
Yeah that just sucks because they won't attempt to work with us to finish that game. Unreal bad luck out of a cluster bleep of an inning. I hate Louisville.

That should be common knowledge... I just assumed that the game would be finished tomorrow... Then my boy sends me that rule and ****es me off.. I didn't think the game could be called after 5.. I was wrong..

Advertisement
Ya think? Posted that earlier, strategy goes back to pee-wee league. Yeah, *******, but baseball smart ones.

On the other side, should've know the weather report and had both F and V ready to start inning. SMH at head in sand approach with lefty.

Advertisement
Ya think? Posted that earlier, strategy goes back to pee-wee league. Yeah, *******, but baseball smart ones.

On the other side, should've know the weather report and had both F and V ready to start inning. SMH at head in sand approach with lefty.
Well they were winning when they started throwing it all over the place.

Well they were winning when they started throwing it all over the place.
Agree, but after got tied up how many more changes they make? They knew 7 o'clock was it, the freakin announcers said it innings before. Hope we finish tomorrow, but not in control like we were today.

Agree, but after got tied up how many more changes they make? They knew 7 o'clock was it, the freakin announcers said it innings before. Hope we finish tomorrow, but not in control like we were today.
Oh they had no reason not to do what they did, I had no idea there was no make up games or attempt to finish. Didn't realize that, all that joy for naught and loserville was trolling us. **** they had nothing to lose with the stupid *** rules. They deserve for the weather to clear up and we beat the brakes off their pansy asses tomorrow.

Advertisement
Back