Louisville

Advertisement
Here's the Rule:

If a game has completed the bottom half of the 5th inning and either team is ahead, and in Minor League Baseball and college games if it is the final game of the series, the game can be deemed an official game. The leading team is declared the winner, and the game officially counts in standings. However, if the game is rained out prior to the completion of an inning in which the visiting team scored one or more runs to take the lead, and the home team has not retaken the lead, the game is suspended, to be resumed at a later date

Advertisement
We need an hour more of play. They bring in Veliz and shut the door.

If Mantilla attacks the batters and stops dillidallying, we win the game.

The biggest point of this is, it’s Louisville’s call. If they don’t wanna play they won’t. I HIGHLY doubt the ACC is gonna step in and make them finish the inning to give us a win. As it stands it’s a completed game, and all McDonnell has to say is, it isn’t safe for our guys to be out there and and it’s done, we get swept.

Here's the Rule:

If a game has completed the bottom half of the 5th inning and either team is ahead, and in Minor League Baseball and college games if it is the final game of the series, the game can be deemed an official game. The leading team is declared the winner, and the game officially counts in standings. However, if the game is rained out prior to the completion of an inning in which the visiting team scored one or more runs to take the lead, and the home team has not retaken the lead, the game is suspended, to be resumed at a later date
So if that later date isn't available do we get the W? They ain't gonna try very hard to finish that one.

The biggest point of this is, it’s Louisville’s call. If they don’t wanna play they won’t. I HIGHLY doubt the ACC is gonna step in and make them finish the inning to give us a win. As it stands it’s a completed game, and all McDonnell has to say is, it isn’t safe for our guys to be out there and and it’s done, we get swept.
Wrong. The game gets suspended. Scroll up to read the rule.

Advertisement
I don’t know everything about college baseball, but it seems unlikely that we would fly back to Louisville later in the season to play 3.5 innings.

What happens then?

Miami could lose.. By the rules... Oh ****..
What are you talking about? I downloaded the NCAA rules from their website. Section AA GPS 31-32 spell out rain scenarios.

The game is official. If the game can't be continued today (which is 99% sure it won't). This it treated as a Saturday game. The rules say that on Sunday (Saturday for this weekend) two 7 inning games would be played. So, best case scenario for Louisville is that this game will be over after the 7th inning tomorrow.. If we can't play, Miami wins as the game is official after 5 innings if not continued.

Most likely we are leaving Louisville with a split 1-1.

What he posted isn't "the rule", it's a wikipedia post in the subject of rainouts. The NCAA rule is that the game reverts back to the last complete inning, but conferences can create their own "Halted Game" rules. What we need is the ACC rule, not a wikipedia entry.

What are you talking about? I downloaded the NCAA rules from their website. Section AA GPS 31-32 spell out rain scenarios.

The game is official. If the game can't be continued today (which is 99% sure it won't). This it treated as a Saturday game. The rules say that on Sunday (Saturday for this weekend) two 7 inning games would be played. So, best case scenario for Louisville is that this game will be over after the 7th inning tomorrow.. If we can't play, Miami wins as the game is official after 5 innings if not continued.

That is what I thought but dang they make this crap so confusing.

Advertisement
Here's the Rule:

Where are you sighting this rule? I don't see it in the NCAA rules.

There is no scenario under which we win this game as it currently stands. We took the lead in the top of the 6th, and they did not get their complete at bat in the bottom of the 6th. Either we finish it tomorrow with a chance to win, or we lose 3 to 1 if we cannot finish it.

Advertisement

This is what I was sent.. I didn't start watching until the 5th when Miami was batting..

Section 8.

Regulation game

B. It shall be a regulation game if called by the umpire at any time after 5 innings have been completed, and the score shall be that of the last equal inning played, except that in the following circumstances the score of game shall be the total number of runs that each team has scored

I don’t know everything about college baseball, but it seems unlikely that we would fly back to Louisville later in the season to play 3.5 innings.

What happens then?

That's not allowed. If an ACC game can't be completed in its scheduled weekend, it is not played.

Advertisement
Back