Louisville

Advertisement
So what's the realization we have here? Slightly better coaching with slightly better talent?

So what's the realization we have here? Slightly better coaching with slightly better talent?

Pretty much. Although I'm not sure Louisville is more talented, they're just more experienced, as they have a bunch of good juniors/seniors.

A certain poster will tell you that it's no excuse, but it's tough to win a series vs a top 5-6 team when your best starter gets hurt in the 1st inning and your 2nd best starter is out entirely.

Advertisement
That's fine. But you criticized DiMare for not coaching to a 6-7 inning game. Which seems strange since that game was never going to be called, especially when Louisville was behind and the weather not getting worse.

The game went 9 innings, so if you pull Van Belle that early, that means Federman and Veliz cant go the distance, because you're not getting 6+ out of those 2. They havent done that at all this year.

So which bullpen guy is finishing the game out, because it wouldnt be Keysor (threw 3 the day before) or anyone that pitched earlier in the day?

Had there been no earlier game and you had Mixon also available, then yeah I'd agree he should have had a quick hook.
You make some solid points.

The only thing I will say, if you know the boat is sinking you cannot worry about what happens if you run out of bubble gum to fix the next......you got to stop the leaking now.

Advertisement
Dimare pitching decisions have cost us multiple games this year. Including the Sunday game against UL.

I love how you made the epic "4-8 in 12 games = poorly coached" post and then disappeared for over a month only to return and have this be your reintroduction.

You claimed that we lost a Sunday game to Louisville when there was no Sunday game and then you claim that a pitching decision cost us the game when DiMare went to his setup/closer in the 5th inning with a 2-run lead and they blew it.

So factually incorrect in the first part and unsupported claptrap in the second part.

just wondering when we are back to being elite.

The guy who said on May 25, 2018, that the program was "ruined" is the same guy who is now wondering, 11 months later, when we're going to be elite again.

unreal, how a guy with that many baseball games under his belt could so spectacularly ruin a legendary program he helped to build.

Can't make this stuff up.

It's gold.

The guy who said on May 25, 2018, that the program was "ruined" is the same guy who is now wondering, 11 months later, when we're going to be elite again.

Can't make this stuff up.

It's gold.

Gino's mom seems to have joined the board. Welcome.

Nice to finally have you here, after 50 years of Hurricane baseball has already been booked.

Advertisement
I love how you made the epic "4-8 in 12 games = poorly coached" post and then disappeared for over a month only to return and have this be your reintroduction.

You claimed that we lost a Sunday game to Louisville when there was no Sunday game and then you claim that a pitching decision cost us the game when DiMare went to his setup/closer in the 5th inning with a 2-run lead and they blew it.

So factually incorrect in the first part and unsupported claptrap in the second part.

Cool story. You got me. I messed up and said Sunday game when it was Saturday and the final game.

I continue to post on this board no matter the record. Just because I don’t create more threads. Why don’t you look that that entire 4-8 thread and you will see me talking about the impressive turnaround. The fact you just now found this post to quote shows how often you visit the board or even pay attention.

If you don’t think Dimare has cost us games this year with pitching moves including that Saturday game where he allowed the starter to walk 3 or 4 straight batters and give up the lead I can’t make you see it.

Advertisement
Hardly.

To say we have returned to "elite status" would have been "silly" ….

To absolve Gino, as one who helped direct recruiting policy and coaching methodology, of his (large or small) responsibility and/or accountability for the 2016-1018 slide, would have been "silly" ....

I forgive that your righteous indignation is bleeding over from moral outrage . But that's the basis for my criticism.

And yes, I will be the first one to say, if Gino rights this listing ship from its unfortunate traverse, that he deserves the credit and the accolades. I'm rooting feverishly for that to happen.

Why don’t you look that that entire 4-8 thread and you will see me talking about the impressive turnaround. The fact you just now found this post to quote shows how often you visit the board or even pay attention.

That doesn't cover for the sheer silliness of the thread topic.

If you don’t think Dimare has cost us games this year with pitching moves including that Saturday game where he allowed the starter to walk 3 or 4 straight batters and give up the lead I can’t make you see it.

This is the kind of dodge one should expect from someone like you.

You can't give an example, or articulate your point well enough, so you just throw out this weak nonsense.

The example you gave of the "Sunday" Louisville game was wrong.

Advertisement
Back