Louisville vs Miami TALENT on paper

Total Number of Players expected to be drafted in next year's draft (CBS SPORTS):

Louisville: 9 (7 playing, 2 injured)
Miami: 9 (all playing)

Louisville: Lorenzo Mauldin (OLB - 2nd rnd), Charles Gaines (CB - 2nd rnd), Dominique Brown (RB - 4/5 rnd), John Miller (OG - 4/5 rnd), Jake Smith (OG - 5th rnd), Jamon Brown (OT - 6th rnd), Gerald Christian (TE - 7th rnd)

*Note... Louisville also has Devante Parker and Michael Dyer who are expected to be drafted but likely not playing in this game.

Miami: Erek Flowers (OT - 1/2 rnd), Denzel Perryman (ILB - 2nd rnd), Duke Johnson (RB - 2nd rnd), Anthony Chickillo (DE - 4th rnd), Ladarius Gunter (CB - 4th rnd), Phillip Dorsett (WR - 4/5th rnd), Clive Walford (TE - 5th rnd), Olsen Pierre (DT - 6/7 rnd), Jon Feliciano (OG - 6/7 rnd)

Total Number of 4/5 stars on the team not accounted for above USING RIVALS:

Louisville: 5
Miami: 24

Louisville: James Quick (WR - So), James Hearns (DE - RS Fr), Nick Dawson (SLB - RS So), Stacy Thomas (LB - RS Fr), Keith Brown (LB - RS So)

Miami: Brad Kaaya, Kevin Olsen, Jake Heaps, Joe Yearby, Braxton Berrios, Stacy Coley, Malcom Lewis, KC McDermott, Trevor Darling, Anthony Moten, Chad Thomas, Quan Muhammed, Jelani Hamilton, Demetrius Jackson, Tyriq McCord, Jermaine Grace, Raphael Kriby, Kiy Hester, Jamal Carter, Deon Bush, Corn Elder, Tracy Howard, Artie Burns

Advantage - Miami

only 9 of those are A) not freshmen B) expected to play and/or contribute this year

/did he really name Heaps and Jelani Hamilton
:sanford:

Advertisement
oh also

Louisville showed up to embarass us last year
we showed up to perform community service

I have been saying this Golden should be telling his players

"murder everyone!"

Kill Kill Kill... Murder Murder Murder!

The SWEETEST part of winning on Monday night will be the departure of the The Bobby Petrino Fan/Slurp Club around here. Jesu Christo, there's one thing to respect an opposing corch. There's one thing to be suspect of your corch or your corchinator. But some of y'all are delusional about Petrino as if he's the second coming of Bill Walsh in relation to being an offensive GENIUS.

Aint nobody putting Coley in the same sentence as this mastermind either so I don't want to hear any excuses after that Petrino's handpicked DC is just worse than Alfred's best friend. Everyone in line to slurp Bobby Roadrash need not come back with any justifications.

Last edited:
Wait, maybe I read that wrong.

We have 4 times as many 4/5 star players as them but they have just as many players that are expected to go in the draft?

Advertisement

We have 4 times as many 4/5 star players as them but they have just as many players that are expected to go in the draft?

You didn't read it wrong. But that's not a knock on our coaching staff, it's a major compliment to Charlie Strong and his coaching staff.

I don't think there's a better talent evaluator in America than Charlie Strong, the only one who gives him a run for his money is the Michigan State group, and Miami comes in behind them. I'll show you what I mean....

With 9 players expected to be drafted, Miami and Louisville are in tied for third most in the entire country. Let that sink in for a second, it's wild. The list goes:

Florida State: 13
Alabama: 10
Miami, Louisville, Auburn, Oklahoma: 9
Michigan State: 8
Baylor, Florida, Oregon, Stanford: 7

I did this analysis for everyone in the top 25 and everyone in the coastal. These teams came out on top.

The way it shakes out is that Louisville, aside from FSU, is the most talented team we'll see all year. And nearly all of those 9 guys they have were 3 star kids coming out of school, so that tells you something about Charlie Strong and his ability to see and develop talent.

Focusing on our guys though, here's how it shakes out using Rivals:

Duke: 5 star
Chickillo: 5 star
Flowers: 4 star
Perryman: 3 star
Pierre: 3 star
Dorsett: 3 star
Feliciano: 3 star
Walford: 2 star
Gunter: 2 star

That's pretty impressive from a talent evaluation standpoint. I'm sure some of the credit goes to Golden and Shannon for recruiting these guys and then later developing them, some of the credit goes to the local high schools for pushing these guys to the Miami staff, and some of it is just Rivals missing out on evaluations. But it's interesting nonetheless and a positive for Miami football.

I'll also say this - yeah we got blown out by Louisville but I don't think Louisville gets enough credit for how good they were last year. That team was loaded.

If they hadn't slipped up against UCF (and I thought they were the better team in that game), they could have won every game on their schedule.

Had they played Florida State last year, I think it would have been a tossup. That was a very good football team.

The SWEETEST part of winning on Monday night will be the departure of the The Bobby Petrino Fan/Slurp Club around here. Jesu Christo, there's one thing to respect an opposing corch. There's one thing to be suspect of your corch or your corchinator. But some of y'all are delusional about Petrino as if he's the second coming of Bill Walsh in relation to being an offensive GENIUS.

Aint nobody putting Coley in the same sentence as this mastermind either so I don't want to hear any excuses after that Petrino's handpicked DC is just worse than Alfred's best friend. Everyone in line to slurp Bobby Roadrash need not come back with any justifications.

I'm interested in the post game reaction.

Total Number of Players expected to be drafted in next year's draft (CBS SPORTS):

Louisville: 9 (7 playing, 2 injured)
Miami: 9 (all playing)

Louisville: Lorenzo Mauldin (OLB - 2nd rnd), Charles Gaines (CB - 2nd rnd), Dominique Brown (RB - 4/5 rnd), John Miller (OG - 4/5 rnd), Jake Smith (OG - 5th rnd), Jamon Brown (OT - 6th rnd), Gerald Christian (TE - 7th rnd)

*Note... Louisville also has Devante Parker and Michael Dyer who are expected to be drafted but likely not playing in this game.

Miami: Erek Flowers (OT - 1/2 rnd), Denzel Perryman (ILB - 2nd rnd), Duke Johnson (RB - 2nd rnd), Anthony Chickillo (DE - 4th rnd), Ladarius Gunter (CB - 4th rnd), Phillip Dorsett (WR - 4/5th rnd), Clive Walford (TE - 5th rnd), Olsen Pierre (DT - 6/7 rnd), Jon Feliciano (OG - 6/7 rnd)

Total Number of 4/5 stars on the team not accounted for above USING RIVALS:

Louisville: 5
Miami: 24

Louisville: James Quick (WR - So), James Hearns (DE - RS Fr), Nick Dawson (SLB - RS So), Stacy Thomas (LB - RS Fr), Keith Brown (LB - RS So)

Miami: Brad Kaaya, Kevin Olsen, Jake Heaps, Joe Yearby, Braxton Berrios, Stacy Coley, Malcom Lewis, KC McDermott, Trevor Darling, Anthony Moten, Chad Thomas, Quan Muhammed, Jelani Hamilton, Demetrius Jackson, Tyriq McCord, Jermaine Grace, Raphael Kriby, Kiy Hester, Jamal Carter, Deon Bush, Corn Elder, Tracy Howard, Artie Burns

Advantage - Miami[/QUOTE]

Disadvantage - D'Onofrio.

Checkmate.

Advertisement

You didn't read it wrong. But that's not a knock on our coaching staff, it's a major compliment to Charlie Strong and his coaching staff.

I don't think there's a better talent evaluator in America than Charlie Strong, the only one who gives him a run for his money is the Michigan State group, and Miami comes in behind them. I'll show you what I mean....

With 9 players expected to be drafted, Miami and Louisville are in tied for third most in the entire country. Let that sink in for a second, it's wild. The list goes:

Florida State: 13
Alabama: 10
Miami, Louisville, Auburn, Oklahoma: 9
Michigan State: 8
Baylor, Florida, Oregon, Stanford: 7

I did this analysis for everyone in the top 25 and everyone in the coastal. These teams came out on top.

The way it shakes out is that Louisville, aside from FSU, is the most talented team we'll see all year. And nearly all of those 9 guys they have were 3 star kids coming out of school, so that tells you something about Charlie Strong and his ability to see and develop talent.

Focusing on our guys though, here's how it shakes out using Rivals:

Duke: 5 star
Chickillo: 5 star
Flowers: 4 star
Perryman: 3 star
Pierre: 3 star
Dorsett: 3 star
Feliciano: 3 star
Walford: 2 star
Gunter: 2 star

That's pretty impressive from a talent evaluation standpoint. I'm sure some of the credit goes to Golden and Shannon for recruiting these guys and then later developing them, some of the credit goes to the local high schools for pushing these guys to the Miami staff, and some of it is just Rivals missing out on evaluations. But it's interesting nonetheless and a positive for Miami football.

This is actually very encouraging. We all worship at the Butch altar, but given the fact that we have been seemly crushed in recruiting the last 4 years, it is impressive to tied for 3rd. If we measure this against our competition and not our history, Al is doing great. All we need is to see fire and destruction from him and his team on the field. There are signs the last few months that something has changed. I am hoping that Al is just friggin fed up with "nice guy who respects other coaches" and want to be "THAT" guy who other coaches hate to play and can't compete against. Every week he needs to tape a picture of Muschump to his mirror and coach like he did against the swamp scum. I love and admire his compassion for OUR players, but am sick and tired of it for opposing coaches who want nothing more than to embarrass our ***.

Well the difference is...

We're Miami, they're Louisville. Our school is in the richest talent pool in America. We should have a high number of draftees every season. You don't get credit for your "talent evaluations" when you send kids to the NFL from Miami. Just by default you should be sending a decent amount of kids every year.

What's obvious to me is...

Louisville are true talent evaluators. They're the type of school that comes to South Florida and takes kids that Golden doesn't want because they're "too small" or whatever. They recruit Miami's leftovers and are still sending just as many kids to the NFL. To me that sounds like great talent evaluation and development.

We're Miami, they're Louisville. Our school is in the richest talent pool in America. We should have a high number of draftees every season. You don't get credit for your "talent evaluations" when you send kids to the NFL from Miami. Just by default you should be sending a decent amount of kids every year.

Louisville are true talent evaluators. They're the type of school that comes to South Florida and takes kids that Golden doesn't want because they're "too small" or whatever. They recruit Miami's leftovers and are still sending just as many kids to the NFL. To me that sounds like great talent evaluation and development.

Or they just can take kids that wouldn't qualify academically at Miami and do a good job developing them.
People seem to forget that Miami's academic standards limit the pool of local kids.

We clearly have more talent.

However, that's been the case with just about every team we lost to or came close to losing to...and that's even with guys being injured or suspended.

Do you mean to tell me that Wake Forest & UNC (both teams we beat on the last drive of the game) both had more talent than us...or "equal" talent ? Or that Duke has more talent than us? Or that Va Tech is so much more talented than us that they embarrass us at home in the rain?

So if we are going to assume that we have more talent than all of these teams, why can't we seem to get our act together? Do we just happen to get players who are physically gifted but have a bad football IQ? Or does it come down to coaching.....

I think the answer is pretty obvious at this point, but that's just me.

Then you can look at teams that we didn't even play...UCF is a GREAT example in my opinion.

They are literally working with guys we didn't even recruit, our "leftovers" so to speak...yet they somehow put together a much better season than us last year and they even beat Louisville. Did they just happen to get a bunch of "under-the-radar" guys who really should have been 4 and 5 star recruits? Or do they just have better coaching and got the most out of the players they had to work with...

Hopefully I'm wrong, but after years of this it's pretty obvious what our issue is...

Advertisement

Or they just can take kids that wouldn't qualify academically at Miami and do a good job developing them.
People seem to forget that Miami's academic standards limit the pool of local kids.

There have been academic casualties that have ended up at Louisville, but that isn't the whole story. Macho is right. Remember that linebacker from Homestead Golden didn't like?

585.jpg

We have a lot of talent, but most of those stars are still young. What gives me hope for this season is the talent, depth, and experience on D. We should be able to rotate D linemen and keep everyone fresh in the 4th quarter. Our secondary is no longer young or talent challenged. We have a secondary that could start almost anywhere. Any linebacking corps that has DP is going to be solid.

The MOST exciting thing about this season is it's the first year we don't have leftovers starting on D. No excuses from this point on.

Loss of TB hurts them.. Addition of Petrino brings them back to strength... I see the offense being the same... oiled machine..

Advertisement
Has little to do with academics.
Louisville loves Florida kids and they'll take a kid that Miami deems "too small". They take the McKenzies, Dowels and Skai Moores of South Florida and they kick people's *** with them. They recruit South Florida the way WE should.

If I'm looking at the OP correctly, we should win this game pretty handily based on talent?

[QUOTEMiami: Erek Flowers (OT - 1/2 rnd), Denzel Perryman (ILB - 2nd rnd), Duke Johnson (RB - 2nd rnd), Anthony Chickillo (DE - 4th rnd), Ladarius Gunter (CB - 4th rnd), Phillip Dorsett (WR - 4/5th rnd), Clive Walford (TE - 5th rnd), Olsen Pierre (DT - 6/7 rnd), Jon Feliciano (OG - 6/7 rnd)[/QUOTE]

No way Clive Walford gets drafted higher than Feliciano. Yes, Clive Walford put up some decent stats, in games that didn't count for much, but when he gets evaluated, he'll be lucky if he gets picked in the 6/7 round.

Feliciano on the other hand, is arguably in the Top 4 as the teams most reliable "gamers" on offense. (In the mix with Duke, Coley, Flowers, Feliciano)

Once Feliciano's film gets evaluated, his stock will shoot up the boards, and may sneak in the the 3/4th round; he's better than Brandon Linder in my opinion.

Exhibit A, #65 Linder's missed block (LOL), notice Feleciano has his guy on his knees:

585.jpg

Last edited:
We clearly have more talent.

However, that's been the case with just about every team we lost to or came close to losing to...and that's even with guys being injured or suspended.

Do you mean to tell me that Wake Forest & UNC (both teams we beat on the last drive of the game) both had more talent than us...or "equal" talent ? Or that Duke has more talent than us? Or that Va Tech is so much more talented than us that they embarrass us at home in the rain?

So if we are going to assume that we have more talent than all of these teams, why can't we seem to get our act together? Do we just happen to get players who are physically gifted but have a bad football IQ? Or does it come down to coaching.....

I think the answer is pretty obvious at this point, but that's just me.

Then you can look at teams that we didn't even play...UCF is a GREAT example in my opinion.

They are literally working with guys we didn't even recruit, our "leftovers" so to speak...yet they somehow put together a much better season than us last year and they even beat Louisville. Did they just happen to get a bunch of "under-the-radar" guys who really should have been 4 and 5 star recruits? Or do they just have better coaching and got the most out of the players they had to work with...

Hopefully I'm wrong, but after years of this it's pretty obvious what our issue is...

FSU fans had the same false concerns when Jimbo was losing to Wake Forest and NC STATE.
Much good that did.

Advertisement
Back