Off-Topic Lost my dog

Canes family, would you all keep me and my wife iin your prayers. We had to put down our dog tonight at an emergency vet hospital. We are crushed. Thank you.
We lost both of our dogs last year: ALS complications & a sudden heart attack...
It's an awful feeling. I hope you'll find peace through grieving and allow yourself all the time you need. The first few days are the hardest and if you can find ways to distract yourself that's a success. All I can say is that eventually it gets easier. Doesn't ever go away but it hurts less. Especially if you know you gave them a good/loving home. Knowing that makes it all worth it I think.

Advertisement
I am deeply sorry for your loss. Remember the love your puppy brought into your life. Celebrate it.

Advertisement
20230107_135846.jpg
20230107_135846.jpg

Lost my girl Gucci 4 years ago I cried everyday for a month and still do from time to time. So sad they leave us so soon.

My family and I recently dealt with the same. It was very hard, but quite necessary. Time will heal your pain and you’ll be able to smile at the memories. You’ll always miss em.

Thoughts and prayers your way man.

Canes family, would you all keep me and my wife iin your prayers. We had to put down our dog tonight at an emergency vet hospital. We are crushed. Thank you.
The hardest decision I ever made in my life was last May. Even when you know it is the right thing to do it is so painful. They are family.

Advertisement
Sorry to hear, I had to put down my Doberman down 4 weeks ago, hip displaysia, torn MCLs in her rear legs and finally the osteoarthritis did her in, absolutely killed me inside. The void will never be filled for sure. Condolences my friend.

So sorry for your loss!

Had to take Loki to the vet today, he had a cyst rupture, nothing serious, thankfully. We hurt when they hurt and we miss them when they're gone. Stay strong!

20230809_185215.jpg

@P-Tizzle Im so sorry for your loss. The pain in your heart I know too well. I shed a tear at my dad’s funeral. But I had to go out on my porsh and guzzle half a bottle of scotch to numb myself to make the call and set the appointment to let mine go. Cried afterwards more than any funeral ever.

You know they were a gift from God to your family. Your brain understands the contract you enter on Day 1 that you will most likely outlive them. But the heart will never be ready

My heart and prayers are with you tonight. Hang in there Canes brother.

Update: I appreciate all of your prayers and condolences. I read each one of them to my wife, and you guys were such a great comfort for us. We did go to a rescue shelter and adopted another dog. Her name is Jezi and she's a 9 month old American Staffordshire Terrier. In case you didn't know, we are big pittie lovers. Here's a pic. Thanks again, brothers.

Jezi .jpeg

Advertisement
Just seeing this thread now but man reading it from start to end put me on a rollercoaster. I went from heart broken for you and your wife (and all the other posters who shared their stories) to heart warmed at the ridiculously happy grin I see on the new best friend that has joined your family. You can never replace a lost dog, but I see stuff like this and im pretty sure your pooch that passed on is smiling right now too.

Update: I appreciate all of your prayers and condolences. I read each one of them to my wife, and you guys were such a great comfort for us. We did go to a rescue shelter and adopted another dog. Her name is Jezi and she's a 9 month old American Staffordshire Terrier. In case you didn't know, we are big pittie lovers. Here's a pic. Thanks again, brothers.

View attachment 255164
She looks like a happy girl to have a loving home!

I cant find the woman’s account but I remember seeing her videos on TikTok

But she built a bridge in her backyard and painted it rainbow colors and people could comment their pets name and a little story about them and she would write their names on this bridge

Not sure if anyone has seen those videos but if you search for it, prepare to have an incredibly emotional experience

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back