Losing Walton will cost us

Maybe maybe not. Homer is good for what we do. He hits the hole HARD. and thats what we need until this line gets right

Advertisement
This is not a golden era team that folded with any adversity. More like the good teams that stepped up as a team when someone went.down

We will actually be better. Not taking anything away from Walton, which I love, but Homer is fast, mean and a baller. He will get >1000 yards this year.

Advertisement
I never thought I'd say this, but Rosier may be our best offensive player. Him and Berrios and Richards. Maybe Herndan too. I haven't been too sold on us running the ball lately.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

now homer/gray and burns all get tons of reps and they get them ready. that's all. homer gets work in pass protection. kid may end up with close to 1000 yards.

Advertisement
He is a great weapon that our offensive line is not ready to give a chance v the big boy’s

Homer is more than capable of producing at a level similar to Walton. The question is, do we have anything behind him? Gray will have every opportunity to affirm the hype.

I'm in the 'we are fine' camp
I thought MR should have rotated Travis in much earlier. Still don't get it, Walton was hurtin. Still won.
I like our running corps

Homer can handle the rushing load.Only place we may miss MW the most is his blocking.They have 2 weeks to work with Homer on this.I don’t see him needing it much this weekend.

Advertisement
Can we please not start the Walton was overrated narrative now that he is out.

Here is the truth of the matter. We are now razor thin at RB. If Homer gets hurt we are screwed. Maybe Deejay can come in and perform a miracle by jumping positions mid season. But we cannot really count on that.

Advertisement
A game or two.

You don't lose your best offensive player and keep trucking, especially when you are razor thin at the position.

Ladies and gentleman, saltycane, one of the worst posters on several cane boards ever, now seeming to crawl out of his hole and poison CIS with his super unique and informative takes.

Bravo.

salty, suck on these balls....
[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dpqShViVL_Y[/video]

Last edited:
I dont think so....
Walton is a Cane through and through and has given everything to this program but outside of NCST last year, he has struggled against good defenses. A lot of that is due to the OL and run blocking but the point remains. We have enough talent to win out, not saying we will but I just dont think it will make that much of a difference. Id be more worried if we lost Richards.

I'm in the 'we are fine' camp
I thought MR should have rotated Travis in much earlier. Still don't get it, Walton was hurtin. Still won.
I like our running corps

Agreed. I thought Walton was a liability on some runs where there was room but he just didn't have the burst. He couldn't even do simple cuts. We could have moved the ball much better with Homer in there.

Advertisement
Back