Lorenzo Lingard

This is where yall gotta understand the role of the staff. As some of yall have been able to point out the program gus ran was very similar to what alfraud ran in the sense of let's just make these kids big as possible and strong. Alfraud actually had a better program cause atleast each group had their own workouts and own numbers. With gus everyone did the exact same workout. Now you gotta understand who deejay is as a person. Kids a leader. Hes all in. So for him it's about this is what I'm told to do I'm gonna do it big. Unfortunately when it involved lots of carbs and protein and nothing but a workout designed to build mass it's obvious the outcome. Yes hes lost some weight and has some explosiveness back. With him it's all about short bursts & change of direction. Hes good at THAT.
I remember posting that our running backs looked stiff as did J dean. Just look at what happened to Irrvin. He looked like he lost half a person at this last spring game and was running better routes and looked way quicker.
I also felt that Yearby got to heavy as well

Advertisement
Lol...I could sit and talk FB with Sarge from morning till night...Talk about stories...
You ain't kidding. Between both of those dudes the lessons I've learned not only for football but far more importantly for life I still think of and apply daily. The morals they live by you just dont see anymore. For that I dont care what these dudes or any other got to say. I love chuck like a father figure. Any family of chucks is family of mine.

That's true...although Man was Emmitt blessed with an outrageous OL for practically his entire NFL career...But there's Just something about Cam...not one thing in particular...Just a Tyrone Moss circa 05 type of yr...
Keep that gayturd trash off of here thank u very much. Lol. If he didnt have not only that line, but that fullback, but that tight end,but that wr core,but that qb,but that coach that fvck boy ain't in that conversation with any other LEGEND at rb. Put any of those dudes on that team and see what their stats would of been. Come on @franchise u know he ain't on that level.

Most of these dorks don’t like Deejay because he’s chubby and he’s such a UM homer. The fake cool humps on here are body queens who seem to hate all the players who show UM the most love. If they don’t see a 6 pack and a disinterest attitude they can’t get aroused.

These are the same cheese curds who can’t climb into their mom’s minivan without getting winded, yet they spend every offseason shredding guys like Pinckney if they see a stray picture of him drinking fruit juice.

More please

These are the same cheese curds who can’t climb into their mom’s minivan without getting winded, yet they spend every offseason shredding guys like Pinckney if they see a stray picture of him drinking fruit juice.

I don't post much on the board anymore. The stupidity and bickering about useless subject matter is unbearable. Had to come on and give you some love though. That quote made me laugh out loud. Thank you.

Advertisement
Most of these dorks don’t like Deejay because he’s chubby and he’s such a UM homer. The fake cool humps on here are body queens who seem to hate all the players who show UM the most love. If they don’t see a 6 pack and a disinterest attitude they can’t get aroused.

Careful, you’ll upset the family members of other RBs on this roster that don’t take too kindly of praise to Dj. Smh lol

without Willis in 2002, I think UM loses a game or two in the regular season. he was THAT dominant. That's when I started to see the cracks in Coker and his 'leadership'...

The 68 yard screen to Willis set up the gamer winner against FSU. He singlehandedly bail us out against Pitt. If he doesn't get his knee blown out in the Fiesta Bowl, we win. He was starting to heat up.

The 68 yard screen to Willis set up the gamer winner against FSU. He singlehandedly bail us out against Pitt. If he doesn't get his knee blown out in the Fiesta Bowl, we win. He was starting to heat up.

also the BC game, right before the first half(as Miami was struggling offensively), Willis made a huge play late to set up a TD. Then he busted a big screen in the 4th quarter to break the game open. McGahee was unreal that season

Absolutely...But I think Cam went up against better comp than Lingard...Using Emmitt Smith as an example, he did his damage in Escambia County...(Remember we talking 83-86) but I promise you...those stats would've been alot worse playing in Dade...Especially in the 80s...

Agree about doing less in Dade, but Smith is a tried and tested NFL Hall of Famer. Maybe I missed your point, so please explain if so. Smith would've gotten his no matter the county he played in.

Advertisement
Agree about doing less in Dade, but Smith is a tried and tested NFL Hall of Famer. Maybe I missed your point, so please explain if so. Smith would've gotten his no matter the county he played in.
Not in Dade he wouldn't have...I saw Emmitt play twice during his Sr yr of HS at Escambia
I can name atleast 8 HS RBs that were not only better...but alot better....Put Sanders behind that Dallas OL and Emmitt wouldn't have any NFL records...The difference in Escambia 1980s HS FB...and Dade 1980s FB is so immense...I wouldn't even know where to start.

Not in Dade he wouldn't have...I saw Emmitt play twice during his Sr yr of HS at Escambia
I can name atleast 8 HS RBs that were not only better...but alot better....Put Sanders behind that Dallas OL and Emmitt wouldn't have any NFL records...The difference in Escambia 1980s HS FB...and Dade 1980s FB is so immense...I wouldn't even know where to start.

His numbers would've dipped, but as I said, he still would've gotten his.

All this OL talk, that's silly. That Dallas offense was good because they didn't have a weakeness. You couldn't key on the passing or running attack since they would pick you apart with the other unit.

So was our '01 and '02 running game good only due to our OL being as good as we've ever had? Were our RB's special or could you put another 8 guys in there to do the same damage? This to me sounds similar to those who try and discredit Dorsey because he had talent around him. Takes a complete team to do what Dallas did and Smith held his position up.

As for those 8 other running backs, what did they ever do in college and did any of them make it to the NFL? How many HOF'ers?

High school football, you rarely have a team who can effectively run and pass with equally good results. That makes it easier for defenses to key and then stop one or the other. Dude went for 2k twice and also won state once. Probably beat some Dade team, yet you're coming across like he would've done nothing in Dade.

His numbers would've dipped, but as I said, he still would've gotten his.

All this OL talk, that's silly. That Dallas offense was good because they didn't have a weakeness. You couldn't key on the passing or running attack since they would pick you apart with the other unit.

So was our '01 and '02 running game good only due to our OL being as good as we've ever had? Were our RB's special or could you put another 8 guys in there to do the same damage? This to me sounds similar to those who try and discredit Dorsey because he had talent around him. Takes a complete team to do what Dallas did and Smith held his position up.

As for those 8 other running backs, what did they ever do in college and did any of them make it to the NFL? How many HOF'ers?

High school football, you rarely have a team who can effectively run and pass with equally good results. That makes it easier for defenses to key and then stop one or the other. Dude went for 2k twice and also won state once. Probably beat some Dade team, yet you're coming across like he would've done nothing in Dade.
In my opinion...he would've taken a Big Dip...
I can name 5 Dade HS RBs that were alot better in HS and 3 of them better in College...No way Emmitt gets 2,000 in Dade in the Mid-late 80s....In Escambia, when your foes are Pine Forest...Niceville...etc.....Yeah....But when your foes are anyone of 7 to 8 National Powerhouses, Your talking a different kinda Animal...

@SayWhat Please understand by me being impressed by Cam, is not any slight on Lorenzo whatsoever....Quite the opposite...more like a pleasant surprise. I'm well versed on Lorenzo...and have been one of his biggest fans. I was at your Barbecue prior to the UM vs WVU Bowl game a few yrs ago...Talked with you and Lorenzo...

Last edited:
Advertisement
@SayWhat ....Remember this??...Lol...Still have it...

We will see about that, I think Harris does personally. Stronger build, fast and explosive back that also happens to be an excellent back with receiving skills(deejay is really good here too). On top of that he’s running differently than he did in highschool showing a bit more elusiveness and creativity with his runs based on the end of the last season and his work in the spring

I could easily be wrong about Cam. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up the better RB.

Cam - I see Travis Homer minus the physicality in terms of style. Fast & Explosive, and a good receiver. Can make a move at the line of scrimmage but once he gets up to speed, he's a straight line guy without much wiggle. Pretty much stays on that straight line. The big difference to me is where Homer finished runs by running over & through defenders, and seeks contact, Cam doesn't (yet). He has a physical build, but doesn't play a physical style. That'll be important for him to take the next step, but I'm not sure physicality is in his DNA.

DJ - his on clear disadvantage vs. Cam is speed, which is a huge factor. I look at Cam like a 4.48 guy and DJ more like a 4.58 guy. But DJ is still a good overall athlete, and DJ at 220 vs. Cam at 205 closes that speed gap some. I think DJ is shiftier and more physical & powerful. Definitely out best goal line and short yardage RB. Also a good receiver. His versatility as a kick & punt returner gives him a slight bump too IMO.

In the end - I think Cam & DJ are very similar in terms of overall talent, results, and effectiveness - just with different styles.

Lingard - I think he'll emerge as the best RB because he's already got Cam's speed and DJ's shiftiness. I think his ability as a receiver is being underrated right now, and it's actually a strength of his game. I'm not worried about the knee. My big projection with him is that he'll fill out to the 210-215 range. This will go a long ways to helping with the contact balance D$ mentioned. I think Lingard has a physical mentality, but he wasn't effective through contact in his limited carries last year. If he stays in the 202 range he's listed at now, I think he may always be limited here.

Last edited:
I could easily be wrong about Cam. It wouldn't be surprised if he ends up the better RB.

Cam - I see Travis Homer minus the physicality in terms of style. Fast & Explosive, and a good receiver. Can make a move at the line of scrimmage but once he gets up to speed, he's a straight line guy without much wiggle. Pretty much stays on that straight line. The big difference to me is where Homer finished runs by running over & through defenders, and seeks contact, Cam doesn't (yet). He has a physical build, but doesn't play a physical style. That'll be important for him to take the next step, but I'm not sure physicality is in his DNA.

DJ - his on clear disadvantage vs. Cam is speed, which is a huge factor. I look at Cam like a 4.48 guy and DJ more like a 4.58 guy. But DJ is still a good overall athlete, and DJ at 220 vs. Cam at 205 closes that speed gap some. I think DJ is shiftier and more physical & powerful. Definitely out best goal line and short yardage RB. Also a good receiver. His versatility as a kick & punt returner gives him a slight bump too IMO.

In the end - I think Cam & DJ are very similar in terms of overall talent, results, and effectiveness - just with different styles.

Lingard - I think he'll emerge as the best RB because he's already got Cam's speed and DJ's shiftiness. I think his ability as a receiver is being underrated right now, and it's actually a strength of his game. I'm not worried about the knee. My big projection with him is that he'll fill out to the 210-215 range. This will go a long ways to helping with the contact balance D$ mentioned. I think Lingard has a physical mentality, but he wasn't effective through contact in his limited carries last year. If he stays in the 202 range he's listed at now, I think he may always be limited here.
Lingard looks like he’s put on some weight so I wouldnt Be surprised if he’s over 205 now adays

Advertisement
Great discussion! June 1 and time to get the UM machine rolling baby!

DJ is an all purpose back. Does many things well but IMO nothing exceptionally great. Would like to see him in motion more this season, screen plays for him, delayed draws, etc. Cam is the best pure RB at this point IMO. He's shifty, has vision, solid one cut and go type of back. Better speed than I expected in the open field. Lo is fast, sees the hole and goes. I'd like to see him bring the pad level down as he appears to get hit and go down. Overall, we have a very solid 1-2-3 punch this coming season if all stay healthy. OL is key of course as they have under-achieved for some time now, years! Maybe implement more zone-block in the run the game...
DJ does do one thine great he makes plays

Advertisement
Back