Lorenzo Lingard

Advertisement
I think DJ Dallas is faster than Cam (though Cam ran 11-little bit in HS). DJ ran 4.45 in 2018 Spring testing. If he’s at least 10 lbs lighter than last year it could mean he’s faster, too.
Cam ran a 10.95 in the 100m in highschool, I cant See it. Deejay doesn’t look faster on film than Harris imo . That Dallas time has to be one of those green tree inflated 40s. Can’t see that time at all but we will see at the combine

“Inflated”? Really? Isn’t that what was said last year about Redwine? How’d that CIS hot take turn out for the doubters?

For now, we have to take the times for what they are - a reference. If they’re inflated for one then possibly they’re inflated for all (though I acknowledge, not necessarily). But, it would still make him 5th, relatively, among returning players. Because DJ seems plenty fast to me (yes, on film, too).

Note: I only used the 100m time to show that … I’d be hard-pressed to believe that Cam was .10 faster than DJ - if he was faster at all. 10.95 does not scream sub-4.4h 40 yard dash, much less laser.
I think lingard is the fastest on the team yes, but he was listed at running a 4.27 on those “times” too, I dont See that but a 4.35-4.39 40 time wouldn’t surprise me at all with him.

And I didn’t say cam was a sub 4.4 guy in the 40, just that he’s faster than deejay

Canny see DJ faster than Cam, sorry. His vision and shiftiness is great but blazing speed he doesn’t have in spades. Of all the RB’s Lo is by far the fastest and it will show up this season. I agree with others when they said put Dallas in motion, run him into the flats, wheel routes, screens, etc. and run him out of the slot as well to create mismatches galore. I would use Cam and Lo primarily out of the backfield carrying the rock with some carries thrown in for DJ; but I wouldn’t give him 20 carries a game. He seems tome better utilized breaking that into 10 carries and some variation of 10 catches.

Advertisement
Canny see DJ faster than Cam, sorry. His vision and shiftiness is great but blazing speed he doesn’t have in spades. Of all the RB’s Lo is by far the fastest and it will show up this season. I agree with others when they said put Dallas in motion, run him into the flats, wheel routes, screens, etc. and run him out of the slot as well to create mismatches galore. I would use Cam and Lo primarily out of the backfield carrying the rock with some carries thrown in for DJ; but I wouldn’t give him 20 carries a game. He seems tome better utilized breaking that into 10 carries and some variation of 10 catches.
This

Coley had a slept on career at Miami. Yeah Ahmmon had a lot of yards but only 3 tds. Coley was just under 600 yards with a total of 10 tds on the year and made plenty explosive plays that year
Stop it. AR had legit number 1 WR NFL talent. Coley never had that. Coley had an exceptional frosh season and love him but gimme a break.

Brock for you, and all others: THEY ARE HAND TIMES! HAND TIMES! HAND TIMES!

What you don’t see is irrelevant to how they’re measuring. Again, they’re using hand times. FOR EVERYONE. Not just the athletes you don’t believe in.

Assuming they consistently timed everyone the same last Spring it would still mean DJ was 5th - relative to all others timed. The time itself … doesn’t even really matter (it’s like making a line of 100+ guys racing at a 40 yard dash -all at once- and DJ getting 5th).

Travis Homer ran within a breath of Lingard and ran .2 off of Greentree, but you’re giving Lingard a full tenth more? Again, he might be that fast, but you also have to consider that DJ has some speed too (again, relative to his teammates).

And for the record: I don’t think Cam is faster than DJ. He could be, but I don’t think so.

Hand times can have so much variance.

Homer - 4.31 Greentree, 4.48 NFL Combine - .17 difference
Redwine - 4.38 Greentree, 4.44 NFL Combine - .06 difference

My takeaway is less at the actual number, and more "ok, these are the 5-6 fastest guys on the team"

If they were laser timed, my best guess is it would look something like:

Lingard - Low to Mid 4.4's
Cam - High 4.4 to Low 4.5
DJ - Mid 4.5's

I think I made have put too much of a difference between Cam & DJ's speed. I think Cam is faster, but DJ is close. IMO - DJ has better speed than he's given credit for because people want to call him fat. I think he carries 220 just fine. I personally wouldn't want DJ to drop below 215 because what he'd lose in power is more than what he'd gain in speed. I'm also tired of trotting out 200 lb RB's as our starter like we've been for the last 6 years.

Advertisement
I think DJ Dallas is faster than Cam (though Cam ran 11-little bit in HS). DJ ran 4.45 in 2018 Spring testing. If he’s at least 10 lbs lighter than last year it could mean he’s faster, too.

Disagree with you here my friend..... Cam looks like a different animal this year.....

I LOVE our rotation regardless

Why the impassioned debate over who is the better RB between Deejay, Cam and Lo? Last I checked they were all Canes and all going to be playing for us this season. The staff will put the player on the field they feel is best for each situation, and likely all 3 will get serious burn. Our RB room is more loaded than it's been in a long long time. This is a good thing, Canes Fam, not something to tribe up and argue over.

Advertisement
Why the impassioned debate over who is the better RB between Deejay, Cam and Lo? Last I checked they were all Canes and all going to be playing for us this season. The staff will put the player on the field they feel is best for each situation, and likely all 3 will get serious burn. Our RB room is more loaded than it's been in a long long time. This is a good thing, Canes Fam, not something to tribe up and argue over.

Well then, what CAN we tribe up and argue over?!?!?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back