Thomas
Payton
Pope
Hightower
Harley
Wiggins
Njoku
Few
Solid ranking. For me, after the first two, it's hard to gauge. As it stands today I would just separate the group into categories.

Group A
Thomas
Osborn

Group B
Pope
Hightower
Payton

Group C
Harley
Wiggins

Group D
Njoku
Few

I honestly don't know who will end up being the best out of group B, but all of them have the ability to be great. They are just not at the level of group A at this point.

Solid ranking. For me, after the first two, it's hard to gauge. As it stands today I would just separate the group into categories.

Group A
Thomas
Osborn

Group B
Pope
Hightower
Payton

Group C
Harley
Wiggins

Group D
Njoku
Few

I honestly don't know who will end up being the best out of group B, but all of them have the ability to be great. They are just not at the level of group A at this point.
I wouldn't be surprised if Harley transfers this summer

Dude is terrible

Advertisement
It's possible that he could transfer, but I doubt it will happen. Also, I think he deserves a bit of a clean slate, just like everyone else that had to play in that horrific offense for the past 2 years. Let's see how he looks under Enos!
Harley running drag routes out of the slot opposite playaction will be fun to see. I think that's a prime use of his talent.

Flip flop Thomas and Osborn

how Kj was the best wr at the end of spring and I think he'll lead our team in catches

Group A
Thomas
Osborn

Group B
Pope
Hightower
Payton

Group C
Harley
Wiggins

Group D
Njoku
Few

i dont think we got 4 groups I would combine C& D and move Harley up to b just because of experience.

I know a lot of us love Payton.... but we did have 3 wrs out this spring so I would love to see how he does during fall camp.

Advertisement
Flip flop Thomas and Osborn
KJ has proven a **** of a lot more at the college level than Jeff has thus far. Granted, he's had a **** of a lot more opportunity too. But I'm holding off on crowning JT4 as an other-worldly wide receiver like so many others already have until I see if he actually delivers on the field under a new system. Which I believe he will, by the way.

Harley running drag routes out of the slot opposite playaction will be fun to see. I think that's a prime use of his talent.

Too often we saw the last staff pigeon hole guys into roles instead of finding ways to get the ball into their hands in less conventional ways.

Harley may not have Jerry Rice hands, but he should have been doing jet sweep plays instead of Langham.

What makes good offensive coordinators so dangerous is they find ways to squeeze out yardage from the guys they have right now instead of crying about what the team can’t do. I want this loser mentality purged from the coaching staff first, because if the coaches have it, it will infect the players 100%.

Good o.c.’s allow creativity and rhythm that builds confidence in practice that often translates to games. The offense faced an uphill climb in the bland and predictable system from before. Some of the guys lost focus and confidence.

It will take a little time to adjust. I won’t write off anybody yet as long as they are showing up to work.

Last edited:
What's the knock on Njoku? raw for now or jag or the injury or? I think I remember hearing high praise for him last spring?

Advertisement
KJ has proven a **** of a lot more at the college level than Jeff has thus far. Granted, he's had a **** of a lot more opportunity too. But I'm holding off on crowning JT4 as an other-worldly wide receiver like so many others already have until I see if he actually delivers on the field under a new system. Which I believe he will, by the way.

lol KJ played at Buffalo not trying to knock him but by comparison Jeff Thomas has proven way more on the cfb level.

Why does there have to be a “knock” on him? He played in a garbage system and missed a year with a substantial injury. Give him a chance to develop before writing him off.
A couple of lists above have him towards the bottom of the wr room. I was surprised by that and wondering why he's not above some of teh guys I see dropping passes.. a lot. I thought people would be higher on him. I was wondering if there was something I had missed posted here.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Back