Looks like Thad says he’s locked in! (New article)

Precisely all the more reason for people to stop asking me my opinion on anything.
will smith swimming GIF by Will Smith's Bucket List

Advertisement
If I had unlimited resources, analysts, and only offered 5 stars, I’d barely miss too.

At the time, offering Thad was a no brainer.
Exactly, also most of the time coaches, even if they know a kid has some behavioral troubles, think they can fix it. Sometimes it happens, sometimes not.

This is where Saban excels. Yeah he misses but his Miss rate seems to be way lower. I’m reading his most recent book written about him and it goes into detail on his recruiting process and how thorough him and his assistance/support staff is when gathering info on kids. They dig deep to find out everything about and kid and their character and don’t let stars or other stuff influence his recruiting board.

They said he will drop a player so quick if they don’t show up to camps and compete etc…
I hear what you're getting at, but I don't see it this way. I would say the reason Saban's "miss rate" seems so low is that when you have the #1 or 2 recruiting classes over the past 15 years, people forget the misses because there's another 5 star to replace them immediately.

Putting it another way, he has gotten more high 4 star and 5 star players than everybody else, so his miss rate seems lower. I would like to see if someone could provide the data one way or the other.

I hear what you're getting at, but I don't see it this way. I would say the reason Saban's "miss rate" seems so low is that when you have the #1 or 2 recruiting classes over the past 15 years, people forget the misses because there's another 5 star to replace them immediately.

Putting it another way, he has gotten more high 4 star and 5 star players than everybody else, so his miss rate seems lower. I would like to see if someone could provide the data one way or the other.

What I was trying to say is he is more selective with who he recruits. The time spent by support staff digging into a kids character, work ethic, social life isn’t matched by anyone. This helps them not “miss” as much as say a school like Miami who has **** near 80% of classes sometimes suck. Yes recruiting the top Guys helps but just recruiting 5 stars doesn’t mean they will actually be good. Other teams recruit top 10 and still suck look at USC for the longest, Texas etc..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back