Looks like regular orange jersey vs. UF

Isn’t Miami the away team this game?

And?

The game is 30 days away, we are not waiting until 30 minutes before kickoff to decide which jersey to wear. I would imagine that both teams have already made a decision on this issue.

Advertisement
Traditional orange and white is cool but I wouldn't be surprised Manny lets them wear arm sleaves to swag it up another notch
Arm sleeves are the business.

Idgaf who don't like'em, Shooter sleeves are dope & need to be allowed for Miami.

Bama, Clemson, LSU, Oh St, Oklahoma & several other major programs all let their players wear them, the myth they affect on field performance negatively is stupid.

If El Jefe lets our boys wear sleeves he'll win us a Natty in 2020, guaranteed.

Idgaf who don't like'em, Shooter sleeves are dope & need to be allowed for Miami.

Bama, Clemson, LSU, Oh St, Oklahoma & several other major programs all let their players wear them, the myth they affect on field performance negatively is stupid.

Manny seems like a guy who wants his players to be comfortable and have any psychological edge possible so I bet we'll see some sleeves.

So much SPEED! SPEED everywhere for Miami. We haven't looked this fast in so long man.

Even though we started to fall off at this point due to coaching, we had elite athletes w/ elite speed. Had this team played this way all year, they play in, at least, a NY6 bowl game. Everyone looked grown and fast. Dang we were the cool kids back in the day. Smh.

Advertisement
Did Walt coin the term "The Gator"?

It would be hard to prove it, going back to the 30s and 40s, but he said it all the time, along with calling himself "The Gator Hater". He was an alum of my fraternity, loved that guy.

Look good, play good. It's true. Arm sleeves is a must, f what the opposers are saying. We were rocking visors back in the day b/c it was cool. We were rocking black socks w/ black cleats b/c it was cool. I don't recall when we stopped being cool, but this chit needs to stop.

Look good, play good. It's true. Arm sleeves is a must, f what the opposers are saying. We were rocking visors back in the day b/c it was cool. We were rocking black socks w/ black cleats b/c it was cool. I don't recall when we stopped being cool, but this chit needs to stop.

when nike gave us the bra strap and the ncaa banned visors

Visors is a safety issues, need to be able to see an injured players eyes,IIRC.

Advertisement
Even though we started to fall off at this point due to coaching, we had elite athletes w/ elite speed. Had this team played this way all year, they play in, at least, a NY6 bowl game. Everyone looked grown and fast. Dang we were the cool kids back in the day. Smh.
That's because that was the last of Butch's guys. Everything was downhill from there.

when nike gave us the bra strap and the ncaa banned visors

The 04 jerseys were fine, just go back and look at the UF game that @htownkidd posted. But we stopped being cool when we had goof ball coaches, starting w/ Randy. Remember that numbnut had us w/ a game where he took off all the names off the back the of the jerseys???! lol. We haven't had a firey, cool coach in a minute. Manny is that guy, and expect us to become the cool guys again.

Advertisement
Visors is a safety issues, need to be able to see an injured players eyes,IIRC.

That's correct. Although, they are still allowed in the NFL, ironically, if you can prove you have light sensitivity. I also liked the visors b/c it was a cat and mouse game between the QB and the QBs on defense.

Attachments

• B0BF7D93-31D8-422D-959A-09FCC65AE9EA.jpeg
    B0BF7D93-31D8-422D-959A-09FCC65AE9EA.jpeg
    228.8 KB · Views: 119
Advertisement

With shooter sleeves you definitely catch the ball better...also you run a little bit faster

Loved hearing Sonny making the call...

Hirsch was the voice of the Miami Hurricanes for 28 years. He handled play-by-play for football and basketball from 1958-71 and returned to those two sports plus baseball from 1983-97. He also served as GM of the Miami Marlins of the Florida State League for 10 years.
He received a special honor in 1998 from the UM Sports Hall of Fame and is a member of the City of Miami Hall of Champions. He died in 1999. By the way,

Walt always referred to that team as gator and we are the home team in Orlando.

Loved hearing Sonny making the call...

Hirsch was the voice of the Miami Hurricanes for 28 years. He handled play-by-play for football and basketball from 1958-71 and returned to those two sports plus baseball from 1983-97. He also served as GM of the Miami Marlins of the Florida State League for 10 years.
He received a special honor in 1998 from the UM Sports Hall of Fame and is a member of the City of Miami Hall of Champions. He died in 1999.
I remember watching the game with the tv on mute and listening to Sonny. The tv announcers were so anti-Miami that any miscue on Miami's part led them to start praising the opposition and suggesting the momentum was changing. Especially Brent Musberger.

Advertisement
Back