Looks Like Clemson Track Threatened to Drop a Dime

Advertisement
Was in it about 15 years ago. Awesome facility. Worked for a company that has a mfg plant in Orangeburg that produces the diffs and they gave me a tour.
My parents still live in Greer, I left for college and they gave me the peace sign lol sold the house in Suwannee and never went back.

Funny thing is, my wife and I actually like it out there in the Greenville/Spartanburg area. Looking like we’re moving to the area in the not too distant future since we're going to start having kids and the parents make a good home base out there!

Advertisement
My parents still live in Greer, I left for college and they gave me the peace sign lol sold the house in Suwannee and never went back.

Funny thing is, my wife and I actually like it out there in the Greenville/Spartanburg area. Looking like we’re moving to the area in the not too distant future since we're going to start having kids and the parents make a good home base out there!
Best of luck on the move and having kids.

Bingo. Clemson in laws convinced DeShaun is being railroaded and just hoping he can get it behind him because he’s such a great guy and obviously the best player in The League, at least until TL suits up. Their blindness to reality is just sickening.
Since I live here, I know.... its whatever, but what makes it frustrating is hearing their fans deny it, claim its God's team, and that Dabo is by the book/legit.

Advertisement
CFB is so dirty, it's sad that this type of stuff has become acceptable. It's truly become a sport of the have's and have not's. We are unfortunately in the latter group.
Sucks it will always be this way. Even when kids will get paid off likeness it won't change the way things are. Fans here think that will change things but it won't....like @Cribby said more free money is good money. Doesn't matter how much kids have they want more......I hate hearing that the family is good he won't take bags bs then kid chases bags regardless (which I understand I would take it too)

Harleigh White, a senior Clemson triple jumper studying to be a nurse, was one of the track athletes who brought to the lawyers’ attention the vehicles football players were driving.

“I have seen many athletes who came in with me,” White said, “some who came in with no cars, and within a few weeks they had a brand new [Dodge] Charger or Challenger—one of those two—and it is still happening. I have a friend [who played football] who had a nice little Nissan Altima and a few weeks later had a Charger.”

Bullock recalled that in strenuously denying the claim, Cohen suggested that even raising this point publicly would be tantamount to defamation.

But Clemson’s side came around quickly thereafter, Bullock said.

Cohen did not respond to a request for comment, but Clemson’s Kallin the allegations had “no bearing whatsoever on the settlement negotiations.”

On April 7, Bryant sent Cohen a draft of proposed settlement language, which again alluded to the claim that Clemson football players were getting new cars. The draft outlined a list of guarantees that female athletes would receive beginning next school year, including: “Cars and scooters similar to those provided to the football players for as many females as are provided to males (none for all is fine).”

That language is notably absent from either the men’s or women’s final settlement agreements, both signed April 22.

LOL, but nothing to see here for the NCAA. Yet for us, they literally have to get a lawyer to do things that are so unethical, bordering on illegal, that the lawyer was suspended in the state of Florida for what they did on behalf of the NCAA.

”The NCAA has acknowledged it was wrong to align with Perez and pay her more than $18,000 to get information from the witnesses she was interviewing on Shapiro's behalf.”

”The Florida Bar filing concluded that Perez, 44, is guilty of violating eight ethical rules including lack of candor, failure to disclose key facts and making false statements. In addition to the suspension from practicing law, the Bar filing recommends that Perez pay more than $4,000 in costs of the investigation.”

So here it is.

The NCAA will break basically break rules, and the law, to get some trumped up charges on Miami to stick, but when actual evidence is made widely public about benefits that are clearly outside the rules, actual evidence, this time regarding Clemson, but just look at LSU and other examples, they do nothing.

Just a reminder: the FBI has a Clemson basketball coach ON TAPE saying that Clemson pays football players. You now have the track team lawyers also saying football players get paid. None of this matters to the NCAA.

Correct, which is why the overall product sucks.

I used to really love college football. The unpredictable nature of it is was a draw.

Absolutely nothing interests me about it outside of the Canes.

Who the **** wants to watch the same few teams win every single year?

Advertisement
tenor (40).gif
tenor (39).gif
tumblr_mnwjb1wWVb1rbxfqjo1_r1_400.gif

Had to add that. Too good to pass up.

Advertisement
Correct, which is why the overall product sucks.

I used to really love college football. The unpredictable nature of it is was a draw.

Absolutely nothing interests me about it outside of the Canes.

Who the **** wants to watch the same few teams win every single year?
Great point. The myopic people who have the power to make changes seemingly view all but four or five teams as the equivalent of the Washington Generals; they think that CFP is built around people wanting to watch Ohio State, Alabama, Georgia, and Clemson battle each other annually for the top prize. Sure, everyone else is destined to lose but that doesn’t stop people from watching and loving the Harlem Globetrotters.

It’s time for Williamson Cadillac to NIL the living $#!t out of our players.

Advertisement
Back