Looks Like Clemson Track Threatened to Drop a Dime

588EF52D-84C0-4A6C-9594-FFC874961BA6.jpeg
THIS

Advertisement
The obvious pay for play schemes by some of these big universities is crazy how wide open it is. Especially when you take into consideration the little things we did for harsh sanctions for multiple years. I don’t care if kids get paid but if you are not going to allow it we need to see similar punishments when it is obvious. The NCAA can’t bite the hand that feeds them though and it just shows how’s corrupt they are. Just kinda crazy we haven’t seen one player get ****ed and go rogue and out the whole thing.
We have seen a kid go public about it it was a kid at Texas a and m and he got his reputation destroyed and outed as a racist never to be heard from again lost his scholarship to another school and made an example of i don't remember his name

I don't know if they let us off so much as ruined recruiting for several years through delaying and then tripped on their ****. In a way it was worse than actual penalties because at least a coach can tell recruits when it's going to be over. Every other coach was telling Miami recruits that the NCAA was going to drop the hammer eventually even though technically nothing had been proven.
True! Kidding aside, that was by far the worst thing. Recruiting is a two year process, and the delayed outcome affected the signing classes of 2012-2015. Yes, even though it ended in Nov 2013 you have to think that some of the 2015 players ruled us out early on in 2013 due to the investigation.

Agreed on the NCAA as well...if not the death penalty I think that they would have made an example of Miami and given us a four year bowl ban, two year television ban, and docked scholarships.

If you analyze Clemson athletics balance sheet you'll find that they have a lot of debt (which is kept off line). They have borrowed heavily to build things like their "kiddie playground" at their indoor practice facility not to mention all the other amenities to attract the top athletes. No bodies in the seats last fall made things even worse. What they pay Dabo is back breaking. I'm sure they're looking for stuff to quietly ax if they can get away with it.

Thanks for the insight.

Why would this be done in your experience? Extra incentive for a fast and lucrative settlement?
Yes, you're looking for all the leverage you can find. The article mentioned the power discrepancy between the parties. So if you're representing the students, you have to let them know that you have the goods and that you will absolutely go there. But there is another part of it which is just about writing to entertain, and that's the part that cracks me up. Obviously the university would never agree to give female track athletes the same cars the football players get; so, including that in the letter is part strategy and part literary art, and that's awesome.
However, if you're going to go there, you'd better be pretty certain that you're not wrong. You're trying to make the school look bad, and if there's nothing to the allegation, they will use it against you x10. Between that factor and the outcome of the settlement, I'm inclined to believe that there is something to the allegation. This is just my speculation, but those are my reasons.

Advertisement
CFB is so dirty, it's sad that this type of stuff has become acceptable. It's truly become a sport of the have's and have not's. We are unfortunately in the latter group.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Just a reminder: the FBI has a Clemson basketball coach ON TAPE saying that Clemson pays football players. You now have the track team lawyers also saying football players get paid. None of this matters to the NCAA.
Good point.
Only consider though that as far as the NCAA is concerned..........
Dabo is Saban Light...they need Clemson as the silver goose....
Saban is the golden one. $$$$$$$$$$$$$.
None of this matters TimeBum you are right....
Everyone will be CYA'ng..

I admit, I laffed at this. But it makes semse. S. Carolina is a regional hub of auto manufacturing in new plants, non-union I assume. It’s smart to focus an academic department in this. Good jobs, useful applied technology.
Hands on the wheel technology......agreed...

So the school gotta buy female water polo players new Challengers now?

Oh the irony.

Title 9 trying to take down the bag game.

Could this be the real reason everyone was so quick to jump on the NIL bandwagon? Will we see liberals writing revenue redistribution clauses into NIL legislation?

Like I said before, few things get under many American’s skin like seeing black people get things they aren’t getting.
Ironic that a redistribution clause was written into the GA bill and signed by Kemp.

Advertisement
If you analyze Clemson athletics balance sheet you'll find that they have a lot of debt (which is kept off line). They have borrowed heavily to build things like their "kiddie playground" at their indoor practice facility not to mention all the other amenities to attract the top athletes. No bodies in the seats last fall made things even worse. What they pay Dabo is back breaking. I'm sure they're looking for stuff to quietly ax if they can get away with it.

This is an interesting take.

I don’t have anything to dispute it, so I can’t say you’re right or you’re wrong.

But I know they get a lot of booster donations. That I know. Now you’re saying it’s not enough to cover their expenses.

OK, I’ll bite. What do you base this take on? I ask, because what you’re making is a big point. It’s a big deal. Have you actually analyzed their balance sheet? Can I get a copy of it?

I'm deeply disappointed that so many of you make light of the fact that Vince Wilfork "allegedly" got a used clothes dryer...just turn a blind eye to such rampant wanton corruption!!

Advertisement
Ironic that a redistribution clause was written into the GA bill and signed by Kemp.

**** yeah I said the same thing in that thread but this is a different situation. Still ridiculous, but different. I jumped the gun on this one. I try to avoid that. It happens.

For the record, I loathe liberalism and conservatism, so….yeah.

Advertisement
Back