Looking back on training camp

Also, it's a **** shame they didn't play Gray more. I don't understand why they wasted another year with minimum plays like that. Coaches should get their emotions out of coaching. All thru camp we heard how none of the kids had separated themselves. I feel bad for the young man that he goes into next year as a Junior with something like 40 career carries!!! That's UM now tho....

Don't think he's a RB. We should've put him on defense or at WR.

Said that when we signed him and got heckled cause I compared him to Andre Johnson. Yes, he was coming straight out of HS but from what I saw from his Jr/Sr year highlights you could easily mold him into a beast of that caliber . If he would've been spread out wide he would've been Rashawn Scott with speed THIS year by the time his senior year come my prediction would be/still can come true.

He's what 6'2-6'3 210-220 already as rs fr/so all he needs to learn is the route tree, concentrations skills looking the ball in and study schemes particularly finding holes in zone coverages... Once the ball touches his hands let him make a play he'll find the end zone elite athletes always do.

He's an elite talent just not polished yet. Wish beard could've got to work with him this year.

Advertisement
That was some spot on observations d$. Can Njoku develop into an elite run blocker as well to make him an everydown player D$?

I don't know if he'll ever be an elite blocker but he is physical. That's the first step. He also has room to get stronger.

I think he's best at running back. His issue is ball security, which can be improved with live reps. He made several beautiful runs in camp.

He just doesn't seem to hit the hole like a natural RB. Seems uncomfortable. Phenomenal athlete no doubt.

Also, it's a **** shame they didn't play Gray more. I don't understand why they wasted another year with minimum plays like that. Coaches should get their emotions out of coaching. All thru camp we heard how none of the kids had separated themselves. I feel bad for the young man that he goes into next year as a Junior with something like 40 career carries!!! That's UM now tho....

Don't think he's a RB. We should've put him on defense or at WR.

He may very well end up at receiver because of depth issues, but I think he's best at running back. His issue is ball security, which can be improved with live reps. He made several beautiful runs in camp.

We kept hearing it and seeing it on the highlights they were putting out. very frustrating especially for a team in need of a power back. more reps...

Advertisement
Goes to show what you see is what you get when it comes to camps and practice. There is no "on or off" switch. You play like you practice. Im sure Golden looked at this team and saw an 8 win team too and a chance to keep his job and somehow "luck into" maybe having 10 wins next year or the year after. Probably never thought in a million years he would lose to Cincy and get destroyed by Clemson.

Some guys I think that will flourish under a new coach are Cager, Njoku, Norton, AQM and CThomas. If/When Butch gets hired I think he turns these guys into elite level players.

Some guys that I think unfortunately get lost in the shuffle of a new coach is Berrios, Gus, MLewis, THarris, and Dobard. I think a guy like Butch tries to find guys who can push these guys down the depth chart. I like all of them esp Trent Harris but I think they have maxed out IMO.

I'm a Kaaya guy but did we really see substantial improvement in his footwork?

I thought the Pittsburgh game was a great example. He did a fine job evading pressure and even made a couple plays outside the pocket.

His sack percentage is one of the lowest in the country, which is pretty crazy considering the struggles up front.

Let's be thankful!!
No More Golden/Doritos at Miami!
Yes we have to go thru a bowl game. But hopefully next year will be the fresh start we need with a more aggressive style Defense!!

Removing Kirby and Dallas from this defense will be addition by subtraction.
I think Juwon Young has shown that he can play, hopefully Gayot and Owens recoveries go well because they flashed.
Charles Perry, Shaq & Mike coming in, if Grace stays how do you guys feel about this linebacking core next season, too many ifs? Or Legit?

Advertisement

I thought the Pittsburgh game was a great example. He did a fine job evading pressure and even made a couple plays outside the pocket.

His sack percentage is one of the lowest in the country, which is pretty crazy considering the struggles up front.

I think his sack percentage is a better indicator of his info processing and overall decision making than it is his footwork/ability in the pocket.

Carson Palmer has been sacked 16 times on 217 attempts.
Russell Wilson has been sacked 37 times on 220 attemps.

Arizona doesn't have that great of an OLine. It's not Seattle bad, but it's not great, either. Both of these QBs hold the ball for different amounts of time, try to make plays in and around the pocket differently, and I think anyone would agree Wilson's feet are 3 levels above Palmer's.

If Kaaya can get to Andy Dalton level of footwork and work within the pocket, he'll be fine.

I think his sack percentage is a better indicator of his info processing and overall decision making than it is his footwork/ability in the pocket.

Arizona doesn't have that great of an OLine. It's not Seattle bad, but it's not great, either. Both of these QBs hold the ball for different amounts of time, try to make plays in and around the pocket differently, and I think anyone would agree Wilson's feet are 3 levels above Palmer's.

If Kaaya can get to Andy Dalton level of footwork and work within the pocket, he'll be fine.

Agreed, but his improved pocket movement still played a role. I think his experience with this year's OL will ultimately help his development.

Starting Alex Gall was one of the worst personnel decisions I've seen made at Miami in 20 years. It was so obvious he was overmatched, and to top it off, he was good for two stupid penalties a game.

New coach needs to get some safety help fast, Rayshawn still struggled to me.

Advertisement
I think he's best at running back. His issue is ball security, which can be improved with live reps. He made several beautiful runs in camp.

He just doesn't seem to hit the hole like a natural RB. Seems uncomfortable. Phenomenal athlete no doubt.

Really??? man the footage we saw from camp looked crazy good. Maybe in the games he was just a bit uneasy? #js

Kaaya =s Matt Ryan.

Gray?...I agree with those that say He's a WR, that kids not a RB. RB is not a position that you can teach...you either got it, or you don't. Maybe they can carve a Jason Geathers role for em' next year...not bad.

Advertisement
Removing Kirby and Dallas from this defense will be addition by subtraction.
I think Juwon Young has shown that he can play, hopefully Gayot and Owens recoveries go well because they flashed.
Charles Perry, Shaq & Mike coming in, if Grace stays how do you guys feel about this linebacking core next season, too many ifs? Or Legit?

I like what we have coming back, young but talented. Gayot and Owens were playmakers for being so young. The added experience and a nice recovery will be nice. Grace should come back big time. Another year of leading a Miami defense of old can do wonders for his draft status.

Dalton is 10x the athlete Kaaya is. Marc Buonoconti has better feet than Kaaya at this point.

Kaaya does a truly amazing job at QB given his absolute lack of athleticism. I can't recall a more limited guy athletically who has done as good as Kaaya has.

Advertisement
Back