Looking at the positives

frankthetank14

Redshirt Freshman
Yes, this recruiting cycle was rough for us, but let's look ahead. We took 17 recruits this cycle which opens up a big class for 2020. Looking on 247, 48 of the ranked Florida prospects are in the top 300 nationally next year which gives us a chance to really make a splash statewide and nationally just on a numbers perspective. If we win the games we should, and beat UF who does have some Crystal balls for alotta these Florida prospects, we can really get a great class. Let's keep the studs we have and keep adding energy to the program and 2020 could be a special class. Let's win

Advertisement
Next year's class will be huge for the future of our program. Repeat our dominant defensive performance last year, show that Enos' offense is electric and maximizes our talent, and wins over in-state rivals UF/FSU and dominate the weak ACC coastal conference. We do that and we're looking at a top 5 recruiting class in loaded year on both sides of the ball. Big year ahead which could be our catalyst for a return to national relevance that we haven't seen for nearly two decades.

We will have maxed the initial counter this year. Not sure that we will have that much room per se.
We will definitely be able to sign the normal number of recruits.

Advertisement
I think overall things went ok today. We come out with a solid recruit, while the other top recruits were divided up among several other teams. No one come out and grabbed more than one of the prospects we were looking at. Would loved to have picked up more but not bad for Manny’s first month or so on the job! Plus look forward to this solid transfer class and possible additions.

I'm not upset with this recruiting class at all, it definitely wasn't as good as its supposed to be, but Manny did the best he could to salvage what was leftover from the Richt disaster.

I like the transfers we got & I'm really happy we were able to keep Sam Brooks, Jahfari Harvey, Jeremiah Payton, Avery Huff, the Nade boys (Cam, Keontra & Couch) & I'm intrigued with the DT's Coach Jess brought in how he develops them. I also like that we got a QB at the last minute, it shows me Enos can recruit even with limited time, he was only on the job for a few days & was able to snatch a kid out of Texas.

Now with that said, it's extremely vital that we don't get comfortable with only landing top 30 classes, Idc how much spin you try to put on it that's unacceptable & not going to win titles by any measure. 2020 & beyond, we have to land top 5-10 classes if we expect to ever do anything more than win 8-9 games a year.

I'm all in with Manny & hope he'll turn it around for us, I got a feeling the 2020 class will be epic, IF we handle our business on the field & stop getting embarrassed in big games.

Advertisement
Every class every year is gonna be a big 25+ commit class, including this year supposedly. Until it isn't.....

Anyone know how many schollys we have for 2020? We should have more than 25 right?

Advertisement
We got the one person we needed more than anything this cycle....Tate Martell. He will be a game changer for this program.

This class was a disaster. The saving grace were the transfers. Now the biggest game Miami has is getting Martell eligible. IMO he’s the difference between 8 and 11 wins

Advertisement
The cycle was tough but today was a win

No other way to look at it unless you had some sort of bizarre, unrealistic expectations

Richt blew it. Manny cleaned it up and the roster is SIGNIFICANTLY better than when Richt retired

I like it because we are adding a known commodity with hill and we dont know how bogle is gonna play out.

I like it because we are adding a known commodity with hill and we dont know how bogle is gonna play out.
Agreed. I’m not going to pile on a young kid like Bogle but would it shock anyone if he never made it to UiF, or Miami if he had chosen us?

We still obviously have a lot to clean up for the future but we got better today for 2019.

Advertisement
Back