Looked like a pretty good crowd

Hard Rock can get deceptively loud even with 40K.
I was out there a couple of years ago on a rainy night against Syracuse with under 40K in the stands. It was crazy loud even up on the second level.
Somehow the roof keeps the sound in... Hard Rock has been one of the best college stadiums I have been to.
The sound engineering is the best part of the stadium. It reverberates really well, which helps people cheer. Easier to cheer when it when it feels like it your cheering makes a difference. It gets really loud really quick, no stadium really like it.

Advertisement
Need people to come out next week as well. Hopefully homecoming helps (though I have no clue if it does, lol).

Teams like Virginia is where we usually see the half empty stadium. I'm hoping its the same crowds we been getting in the last 3 home games. We need that W bad against Virginia to give us 6 with @NC State, @FSU and Louisville coming up after that

Is it goofy to want us to be in the position to sing “na na na na, na na na na, hey hey, goodbye” to visiting fans again?

1698029581883.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Teams like Virginia is where we usually see the half empty stadium. I'm hoping its the same crowds we been getting in the last 3 home games. We need that W bad against Virginia to give us 6 with @NC State, @FSU and Louisville coming up after that
The fans are more responsible for that than the team. It’s the same idiots that say “xyz has been going on for 20 years” or “the gt game is why we’ll never be relevant” too many are extremist!

Sad to say don’t think I’ve enjoyed a game that much since notre dame. I did also grow up in South Carolina and can’t stand Clemson so this one is always personal for me. Their fans are so obnoxious.
agreed.

I grew up in Charlotte and my high school / college gf of 5 years went to Clemson so I visited every weekend and spent a ton of time. Right around the time we broke up Dabo starting pushing our **** in

I'm married now and well moved on, but still thoroughly enjoy the though of beating Clemson

We are not VA Tech

Oh, **** off with that nonsense. Are you trying to say that we haven't been playing "Enter Sandman" for 30 years, and that VaTech has a trademark on that song?

And we weren't "the first" school to play "Seven Nation Army" either...

"Rock You Like a Hurricane" has disappeared entirely.

Advertisement
The band is not what sucks. They played Beatles and Rolling Stones.

The DJ sucks. Terrible. "Take On Me". End thread.
I dont know the song or remember "Take on me" being played. But our section was jamming way more to Jeezy "Put On" then they were to the Beatles or Rolling Stones and I was about the only brotha in my section lol........

They probably need to pick on or the other and stick with it. The band or the DJ

Advertisement
People need to show up and believe so the recruits can see it. Feel the energy.
I obviously don't live in South FL anymore or I'd be there, but I think people are broke, and that's a big factor. Seems like the days of scoring decent $10 tix outside the gates like at the OB are long gone.

I dont know the song or remember "Take on me" being played. But our section was jamming way more to Jeezy "Put On" then they were to the Beatles or Rolling Stones and I was about the only brotha in my section lol........

They probably need to pick on or the other and stick with it. The band or the DJ

I post this link BECAUSE THEY PLAYED NEARLY THE ENTIRE VIDEO. So I'd be willing to bet you will remember this from the game.

I have long since accepted the fact that some of the music played will be unfamiliar to me, as the students in the 18-22 year old range deserve to have some of "their music" played at games.

But this "Take On Me" song is from 1984. So that's "my generation". And we never played this song in the Orange Bowl when it WAS popular, why are we doing it 40 years later? And if you are going to play 30-40 year old music, why not "Rock You Like A Hurricane" or "Enter Sandman"? We semi-occasionally play "Welcome to the Jungle".

I obviously don't live in South FL anymore or I'd be there, but I think people are broke, and that's a big factor. Seems like the days of scoring decent $10 tix outside the gates like at the OB are long gone.
That’s understandable

Money could certainly be a thought for some, but tbh I think I paid $15 each to sit in the upper bowl in sec 318. Felt close enough to the 50 that the view was really good. While I haven't been in the position to grab season tickets $12-$20 is the norm I'd say outside of the extra good home games like FSU, Florida, and Notre Dame.

Advertisement
Back