Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

They added a top DL transfer from Houston in Jamari Caldwell that was expected to start at nose (6’1’’, 325) and Harmon from Michigan St who might beat him out (6’5’’, 320).

Roberts was the odd man out but Oregon fans were sad to lose him because he looked like he was ready to take the next step and have a role in the two deep. Lanning is also in win now mode and opted to spend on Free agency rather than ride with him I guess.

I’d take him.
Like JHH for Miami? I'm struggling to see why this guy is the oddman out. He looked legit.

Advertisement
Like JHH for Miami? I'm struggling to see why this guy is the oddman out. He looked legit.
Odd man out might be the wrong choice of words because they liked his talent. JHH wasn’t really an odd man out, he just kept toying with leaving and eventually did.

Roberts is good enough to play there, but wants PT. He’s not going to get it sitting behind two transfers. I say we make a run at him, I bet he wouldn’t be too much either for NIL considering he hasn’t played a ton. Again, all in retrospect because DT’s cost a pretty penny.

Not really up on all the threads right now, but do we got something big brewing? I see the same Twitter folks saying so. Gaby hinted at “we aren’t done”. I’m pretty sure I saw a “secret visitor”. Don’t need a name, but enough smoke, there’s usually fire

Advertisement
Not really up on all the threads right now, but do we got something big brewing? I see the same Twitter folks saying so. Gaby hinted at “we aren’t done”. I’m pretty sure I saw a “secret visitor”. Don’t need a name, but enough smoke, there’s usually fire
I thought it was Baron committed to us but the on3 mod for Ole Miss says he is hearing postitive Buzz on him today in the morning to them so who knows. Doubt its Ponds since that one is out already.

I thought it was Baron committed to us but the on3 mod for Ole Miss says he is hearing postitive Buzz on him today in the morning to them so who knows. Doubt its Ponds since that one is out already.
That’s what I’m thinking. Feels like it’s not one of those names. Could be a committed guy. But idk how much truth to it all is

Ben Roberts - Oregon

After Oregon's spring game here is some oregon blog on potential depth chart:

BEFORE Oregon got Harmon

Nose tackle:

Projected Starter: Ben Roberts
Projected Backup: A’Mauri Washington
Other Names to Know:
— Jericho Johnson
Analysis: No change at the NT spot after the spring game either, but Ben Roberts cemented his starting spot in my mind. He was everywhere on Saturday and looked really good.

Advertisement
Ben Roberts - Oregon

BEFORE Oregon got Harmon

Nose tackle:

Other Names to Know:
— Jericho Johnson
Analysis: No change at the NT spot after the spring game either, but Ben Roberts cemented his starting spot in my mind. He was everywhere on Saturday and looked really good.
Well I'm guessing he's gonna get paid. I didn't know buddy is this good. I'd be in my feelings even with getting harmon.

Ben Roberts - Oregon

BEFORE Oregon got Harmon

Nose tackle:

Other Names to Know:
— Jericho Johnson
Should be a take but we'll see, I dont see on any sites that he is entered the portal "officially" so hopefully its bc of that we haven't heard anything yet.

CJ Clark, Marley Cook, Simeon Barrow, Campbell all leave after this year we are left with

Moten, Horton, Scott, Jones and Blount will be left for next year

So next year we will have to take more DT's from the portal as well so why not take a good piece. Plus Mario and Joe recruited him out of highschool, It would be a shame if this turned out to be a Trey Benson situation and if its a Sagapolo or denis situation he just gets dropped next year.

Advertisement
Ben Roberts is definitely a take. I realize he hasn't produced yet, and that's typically what you want in the portal.

But I'd make am exception for a poly NT that weighs over 310 pounds and was getting g high reviews in spring.
DT is a position where 3rd year is usually the year. Unless you’re a true beast. Remember Gerald Willis was a fifth year when he had that season for us.

Advertisement
ponds.jpg

ponds2.jpg

Get it done.

Advertisement
Back