Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Advertisement
Advertisement
All the more reason we should have taken his brother at DE.

Now we need a DE and there’s 1 option in the portal when we could have had Samuel Okunlola months ago and not worry about tampering Samson.
I mentioned this when Sam was in the portal before he went to Colorado.

He was a solid player to take in his own right, but add in that his brother was on the team and a prized 5star recruit. I agree we should've.

Dabo stubbornly refuses to adjust to the age of the portal

1000042904.gif

Now we need a DE and there’s 1 option in the portal when we could have had Samuel Okunlola months ago and not worry about tampering Samson.
Even my dumbass knew that was a horrible decision at the time

Advertisement

Do we know for sure that we didn't pursue? Maybe dude wanted a guaranteed starting spot and we obviously couldn't make that promise with Bain and Mesidor on the roster.

Advertisement
Maybe he feels distinguishing his program in terms of transfers will help him up front with HS recruiting. It's a longer play but we'll have to see how that works out for him.
I can respect it. He will be able to sell “I’m not going to constantly be out shopping for your replacement”
Now considering these kids are straight mercenaries, it’s probably not going to go well. lol

I can respect it. He will be able to sell “I’m not going to constantly be out shopping for your replacement”
Now considering these kids are straight mercenaries, it’s probably not going to go well. lol
It's about great players in CFB; he could luck out and get another Trevor Lawrence to build a team around. He's been to the mountain top in the last decade and believes in his formula, but he wasn't going to be on shopping sprees in SFL with Mario here anyway.

Also, maybe he knows Clemson isn't built to outbid anyone.

Last edited:
My favorite phase of any big time coach's career: the "you can't fire me" phase.
This is going to be a very unusual test. Similar to an NFL team that decides to run its personnel exclusively through the draft and not sign free agents. Some teams have historically leaned heavily towards the draft (Steelers) with the idea of re-signing their own players when they become free agents. But no NFL team, no NBA team has a long-term model that is reliant exclusively on drafted players.

Clemson will have to have outstanding talent evaluation and a very strong NIL game to make this work.

I hope it doesn't.

Advertisement
they should have never been said in the first place but it’s not worth talking about at this point
I personally think he's a big part of the future! Would like to see Mauignoa moved to guard an kick Samson to tackle just for this year till Rivers gets drafted.. alot of these dudes dint know there *** from there face much less what we should do with Samson lol

Advertisement
Back