Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

I’d prefer he stay one more year, it could work out for both sides. I’m just not losing sleep if he does. He wasn’t going to make or break the rotation. That said if would be foolish on his part, he won’t get anywhere close to the Nil he’s getting here.
folks were up in arms when i suggested this a few weeks back ... not all five stars are made equal and roi is a real thing ... what if it was said we lose samson and we could gain a positional player ready to contribute right now, how would folks feel then? i hope it works out, he came with alot of hype

Advertisement
Advertisement
I genuinely hope we keep Samson and he becomes a first rounder but seems pretty obvious we way overpaid for a guy who needs 2+ years to develop. With year 3 and Cam, we all know its a must win playoff possible type year. Hypothetically, If say Samson goes but we use that money to up the offer and get a MSU DT, I'd be all good with it. Next year, MSU kid graduates and frees up that money to get a top portal OL. Thats the game these days.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think it’s just Missouri and LSU as the competition here?

Unless Texas tries to swoop in after missing on Williams.

Advertisement
IMG_1474.jpeg

Guess we'll be having the discussion next spring about should we cut guys like Scott, Blount, Lightfoot, Jojo if they aren't freshman AA or impact players immediately
Why are you suggesting he is getting cut?
Not sure if you noticed but kids are jumping into the portal from all teams after the first
year. Welcome to the portal era.
If this portal season has shown anything is that you are going to lose players after their first year. If you celebrate when we get those players from the portal you have to accept you will lose them as well. Kids don't want to wait.

Last edited:
Still no clue why he was so dramatic about it

You knew it wasn’t just going to be bums that got pushed out but the way he said it was wild

He is in good with lot of coaches. He said some of them convinced him it was going to be a lot crazier than it was. He owned it though.

For those who don't listen, he is probably the most objective show out there and they go year round. He covers nothing but college football too.

Advertisement
Back