Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Advertisement
We need to keep him. With the coaching he’s going to get here, and that natural talent, he’s got Round 1 potential. We know Mauigoa will be in that conversation too. Not a lot of bad football teams with two first round linemen.
I don't understand how people are just so happy to lose guys with crazy high talent and super high ceiling after their 1st seasons. Sets a bad standard

I don't understand how people are just so happy to lose guys with crazy high talent and super high ceiling after their 1st seasons. Sets a bad standard
The transition has been swift. That being said wins are the only thing that matter at this point.

I’d prefer he stay one more year, it could work out for both sides. I’m just not losing sleep if he does. He wasn’t going to make or break the rotation. That said if would be foolish on his part, he won’t get anywhere close to the Nil he’s getting here.

Agree with this 100%. I’m sure he’d have plenty of suitors but a redshirt freshman coming off an injury isn’t getting anywhere close to a Top 10 high school OL.

Advertisement
We aren't happy. It's a new college football. Kid hasn't played and is making $$$. Kids are gonna move on and a handful will stay and compete. I don't like the portal cause I like to follow recruiting and watch players evolve into starters and follow them into NFL. Just not much of that is gonna happen now in this era

Advertisement
People are just coping

No one is happy about it I don’t think… Same time I think (not speaking about Samson in particular) it’s something all fanbases are gonna have to get used to

At least for now

Guess we'll be having the discussion next spring about should we cut guys like Scott, Blount, Lightfoot, Jojo if they aren't freshman AA or impact players immediately

I doubt they're cutting a guy like Samson. If he leaves, it will be to be the man somewhere else this year and not sit or move to OG. Which they may not be able to convince him, just as they weren't able to convince LT to stay.

We aren't happy. It's a new college football. Kid hasn't played and is making $$$. Kids are gonna move on and a handful will stay and compete. I don't like the portal cause I like to follow recruiting and watch players evolve into starters and follow them into NFL. Just not much of that is gonna happen now in this era

Yea This win now **** just takes all of the patience and development away from the traditional college ball that we all came to love. Still hard to get used to this even guys in the NFL dont get asked to take pay cuts this soon after signing their contracts

Advertisement
Yea This win now **** just takes all of the patience and development away from the traditional college ball that we all came to love. Still hard to get used to this even guys in the NFL dont get asked to take pay cuts this soon after signing their contracts
Times are changing. You should be thanking god for the transfer portal or we would be 💩 without it this upcoming year

Would explain why some of us said the whole building through HS storyline was a crock of **** to begin with. But what do I know.
I'm all for building through high school signing 22 to 25 guys then have a extra 5 guys from portal sprinkled in. But that's if we actually keep and develop the high school guys. Like you said this is starting to defeat the purpose of getting excited with High school recruiting

We don't have the UGA depth where they can lose 8 to 10 blue chip guys a year but the rest the do keep are high 4 to 5 star guys.

Advertisement
People are just coping

No one is happy about it I don’t think… Same time I think (not speaking about Samson in particular) it’s something all fanbases are gonna have to get used to

At least for now
I understand it's the whole what have you done for me lately vs how much salary you're taking up. But at least give the guys 2 years of coaching and development first

Advertisement
Back