Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Bro, do you, @mcnaire2004 and @cway313 have a string trio going where you get together, play the violin and drink WHINE? I understand the skepticism. But **** it's nonstop negative energy. Don't you all want to feel happy at some point?

High School recruiting has been crushing it for two consecutive classes. We got the best transfer QB in the portal, probably a top 5 guy when all is said and done, at least at the college level. We got an all PAC RB who averaged 6.2 yards and a shiit-ton after first contact. We brought in an 800+ yard receiver from Houston ... we have 2700 yards of returning receiving yards counting him, X and George. We brought in Alston and Powell, and Clark. Arroyo is healthy. Our OL is stout. Our DEs and LBs are stout. Our NIL is among best in class ... who would have thought THAT, especially after the Ruiz crash and burn?

Yes, we have a shiity situation at DT and at the moment a mediocre situation at DB. The former is concerning, the latter is going to get fixed. Why all the mopery? You were so optimistic a couple years ago and things are getting better..
1000001155.png

I'm always hopeful about the team. I'll be happy to eat crow if I'm wrong. I just see where we've been and who we have running the operation. Honestly I can't say anything that Hauz hasn't said.

I'm glad there are positives to hang your hat on because I would be really insufferable otherwise.

15-0!

Advertisement
Why is everyone so eager to move a freshman All American LT to guard and put an unproven player in his place? Samson can battle for LT next

RT. I don't think everyone is eager to move him from RT to LG. That said, I think he would do well at LG (assuming we had better options at LT/RT on the roster... Bell might be that guy in 2025, but I'm not going out on a limb for Samson until I see it from him).

I don’t talk to mcnaire, not familiar with the other poster.

It’s all data, baby doll. Mario needs an overwhelming talent advantage to win. He needs every variable that could result in a loss to be neutralized, and even then he creates ways to avoid the dub. Everything you’ve listed should result in an easy playoff berth and if we’re honest, ACC crown. But no one is predicting that level of finish, because even the most “optimistic” fan saw the man literally give away a win last year. They’ve lost their voice screaming at him through the TV, they know having an advantage isn’t enough, Mario needs an insurmountable edge to secure victory.

Cam Ward is a phenom. Martinez is a stud, Brown is the guy we’ve been waiting for. You can’t look at this team and stop at the advantages, because they have yet to matter in the results. We have to study the deficits. Right now those deficits are massive and in the most critical areas of the defense. They are season-wreckingly bad. And even if we do find the dudes, we really starting 60% of the team with guys who were not a campus 6 months prior to kickoff? You’re happy with that in year 3? With all the monetary benefits you’ve discussed, this is what a healthy investment looks like to you?

If so, ignore me. Be happy.
freddie highmore GIF by A&E

Advertisement
… losing Damari would be one of the lesser concerning portal losses imo. Sure he is talented and has a bunch of potential and our cb recruiting has been ***… but have yall seen the CBs in the portal? We could grab an additional 2 with 1-2yrs of eligibility and probably be better off today and just fine for next season too. And I expect our DB recruiting from HA this year to be pretty good-great
Great rationale.. let’s keep loosing top talent from our previous 2 classes.. Wash, rinse, repeat..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Great rationale.. let’s keep loosing top talent from our previous 2 classes.. Wash, rinse, repeat..
When you bring in 30+ new players a year, how do you not lose talent. Some of them will be highly rated guys, it is what it is.
I didn't say I want Damari to leave, just that if you look at the portal there are many guys with 2 years of eligibility that would offset him leaving. The Spring portal is loaded with CBs. Losing a WR/DT/S/TE/etc would hurt MUCH more than losing a CB like Damari. That's just facts. He could be replaced today.

Advertisement
Why is everyone so eager to move a freshman All American LT to guard and put an unproven player in his place? Samson can battle for LT next

You put the best 5 players on the field, if that means that he gets pushed to G thats fine. His future is probably G at the next level anyway.

Advertisement
Back