Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Never caught a pass, but the word is they’re trying to load up in the Spring on WRs and D-Line so makes sense they’re clearing out room.

The difference between Miami being a potential 10 win team this year and a potential 6 or 7 win team was one player, Cam Ward. All because QB high school recruiting was garbage. I can't imagine relying on that year in and year out.

These dudes have to replace so much production. I mean, they basically have to replace the entire offense.

Advertisement
The difference between Miami being a potential 10 win team this year and a potential 6 or 7 win team was one player, Cam Ward. All because QB high school recruiting was garbage. I can't imagine relying on that year in and year out.

These dudes have to replace so much production. I mean, they basically have to replace the entire offense.
They already have a ridiculous number of wide receivers on their roster. How many more do they want?
8F1B760D-B3AB-4AAD-9197-731DF43CC468.jpeg

They already have a ridiculous number of wide receivers on their roster. How many more do they want?View attachment 285446
thats a very very poor way of roster construction

the experienced backups don't contribute because they suck, there's a bunch of transfers with little prior production and the young ones haven't shown anything in regards to development (surprise, dugans lol)

if FSU doesn't get producing transfers in, they don't have anyone worth a ****

the experienced backups don't contribute because they suck, there's a bunch of transfers with little prior production and the young ones haven't shown anything in regards to development (surprise, dugans lol)

And those seniors likely head out if you try and replace them. So you have to hope the young talent produces or hope you hit on transfers, which is a big gamble. All under a new QB.

Advertisement
I know Norvelle good coach, and put together a heck of a season last year. But his roster management recruitment doesn’t seem sustainable. I think there are doomed.

Someone please help me understand the difference between our WR room and FSU’s in terms of sucky experienced backups, previously non-productive transfers and young WRs who haven’t shown much in development to this point?

Someone please help me understand the difference between our WR room and FSU’s in terms of sucky experienced backups, previously non-productive transfers and young WRs who haven’t shown much in development to this point?
"All under a new QB"....

Some people here are still holding onto an antiquated view of roster management... thankfully it appears that Mario is adapting ... slowly, but adapting ...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Restrepo and George. That's the difference and it's quite a big one, I'm afraid.
Restrepo’s a good one at slot. George isn’t there yet. He shows promise then has lapses. He’s not a qualitative advantage yet.

Maybe the difference between us and FSU as it relates to WRs is essentially our slot guy is better. I don’t see that as giving us much of a basis for trashing their WR room though. It’s not remotely a large advantage. If anyone has a WR advantage, it’s marginal at best at this time IMO.

Restrepo’s a good one at slot. George isn’t there yet. He shows promise then has lapses. He’s not a qualitative advantage yet.

Maybe the difference between us and FSU as it relates to WRs is essentially our slot guy is better. I don’t see that as giving us much of a basis for trashing their WR room though. It’s not remotely a large advantage. If anyone has a WR advantage, it’s marginal at best at this time IMO.
I agree I think the passing game in general including the TE we should have a solid advantage if the TE gets used like it's been hyped. I think they have a solid advantage at the running game though, I have no faith in our running game as of right now either though.

He’s not a qualitative advantage yet.
Jacoby George had a 800+ yd, 8 TD season with a 5, 153, 2 TD day vs Florida State playing with Emory Williams.

If you don't consider him a qualitative advantage over what FSU has, even with his up-and-down play, because FSU doesn't have up, they either have down or nothing, then apparently I can't tell you what qualitative advantage is or what the **** it means if its not that.

Some players in here don't have the best rep, and I get it, but it gets absurd at some point.

Advertisement
And because I refuse to edit my answer and rather post some numbers to prove a ******* point that doesn't have to be proven in the first place:

The combined receiving yardage totals for Hykeem Williams, Destyn Hill, Jalen Brown, Malik Benson, Vandrevious Jacobs, Ja'Khi Douglas, Kentron Poltier, Darion Williamson and Deuce Spann amount to 918 receiving yards in the 2023 season.

Jacolby George ALONE had 864 yards in 2023.

The notion that him and Restrepo, who had a 1.092 yard campaign last year, do not equate to a complete difference is completely ridiculous, borderline laughable even.

The notion that George does not present a qualitative advantage over FSUs receiving corps despite almost matching the receiving total of every FSU receiver that played last season (in total: NINE PLAYERS) is a pathetic piece of moping and nothing more than that. If I add that his performance against FSU produced a higher receiving total vs seven FSU receivers in that list over their entire season, it gets even worse.

And that comes from someone who wanted George off the team for reckless driving on a highway after being Captain Bull**** Behavior throughout his entire tenure here, so you can spare me with any "slurper" comments.

And because I refuse to edit my answer and rather post some numbers to prove a ******* point that doesn't have to be proven in the first place:

The combined receiving yardage totals for Hykeem Williams, Destyn Hill, Jalen Brown, Malik Benson, Vandrevious Jacobs, Ja'Khi Douglas, Kentron Poltier, Darion Williamson and Deuce Spann amount to 918 receiving yards in the 2023 season.

Jacolby George ALONE had 864 yards in 2023.

The notion that him and Restrepo, who had a 1.092 yard campaign last year, do not equate to a complete difference is completely ridiculous, borderline laughable even.

The notion that George does not present a qualitative advantage over FSUs receiving corps despite almost matching the receiving total of every FSU receiver that played last season (in total: NINE PLAYERS) is a pathetic piece of moping and nothing more than that. If I add that his performance against FSU produced a higher receiving total vs seven FSU receivers in that list over their entire season, it gets even worse.

And that comes from someone who wanted George off the team for reckless driving on a highway after being Captain Bull**** Behavior throughout his entire tenure here, so you can spare me with any "slurper" comments.
😐

Jacoby George had a 800+ yd, 8 TD season with a 5, 153, 2 TD day vs Florida State playing with Emory Williams.

If you don't consider him a qualitative advantage over what FSU has, even with his up-and-down play, because FSU doesn't have up, they either have down or nothing, then apparently I can't tell you what qualitative advantage is or what the **** it means if its not that.

Some players in here don't have the best rep, and I get it, but it gets absurd at some point.
It’s not a trash FSU’s WR room level while anointing ours difference like some think.

Advertisement
Back