Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
lol Iowa native Proctor committed to Iowa for 2 years, leaves on signing day for Bama.

Goes to Iowa end of freshman year , gets them in trouble for tampering and earns bookoo bucks through NIL then dips before even going through spring practices back to Bama. Hawks fans must hate this kid

I wonder how NIL works with this. Could a kid just bounce around collect NIL deals and settle back at his original school.
Depends on the particular contract. My understanding (as a non-lawyer) is the original wave of contracts didn't have protections for scenarios like this so kids could step w/o monetary ramifications. Companies aren't allowed to bind the kids to particular schools in the contract since the players aren't employees of the school. But they can stipulate other things (I believe like living within a certain radius of where the marketing effort(s) will happen) and spreading the contract over a period of time in with acceleration at the end of the contract.

Unsure if Iowa's NIL contracts protected them from this because I suspect this isn't an issue w/most of their recruits.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back