Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Maye and Williams will be top 3 overall picks in the upcoming draft. Ewers and McCarthy led their respective teams to the playoff this year. Dart is coming off a very good season in which he led Ole Miss to 10 wins. ****, McCord was pretty decent but unspectacular as a first-year starter. That accounts for more than half the list.

Yes, Williams and Ewers were transfers but Williams followed the coach with whom he signed coming out of HS to his new landing spot and won a Heisman Trophy. That’s a recruiting and development win considering the circumstances.

The hit rate for blue-chip QB’s is astronomically higher than the hit rate for 3* QB’s. There’s no question that holds true for the 2021 QB class as well.
true but that wasn't my point, getting them out of high school isn't valuable, getting them in the portal after the fact is where they are helping teams and finding success

Advertisement
Manny doing his thing, huh. Portal master.
Scared Meet The Browns GIF by TV One

Advertisement
I've already posted this in Colbie thread, but you don't replace the veteran pieces we lost with freshman. We need to hit some home runs in the portal to improve on a 7 win season.

Portal would be #1 and top priority easily over the signing class. Like mentioned getting a big portal QB would have a trickle down effect on the rest of the portal class.

I just can't believe what Gaby is saying is accurate here.

I’m fine being selective now with the portal and closing our ESD. The portal is going to go on for months. We have to get a QB, WR, S, DT, C asap (minimum, obviously) and that’s about it. More for depth if they have the space but by all the info out there this is intended to be a large signing class. I’m not a fan of portal building. Use it as FA. Recruiting > portal.

We absolutely have to get one of the big time QBs asap though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back