Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Advertisement
Lmao it's happening again
twin peaks GIF

Advertisement
Screenshot 2023-12-10 at 6.24.56 PM.png

Gaby is claiming that other than the people who visited this week and the QB search there won't be much transfer portal movement from Miami as they have to close out the high school class. Soooo are we just gonna be left out to dry and allow the other school to scoop up the transfer players. This doesnt seem like a great strategy....

View attachment 270921

Gaby is claiming that other than the people who visited this week and the QB search there won't be much transfer portal movement from Miami as they have to close out the high school class. Soooo are we just gonna be left out to dry and allow the other school to scoop up the transfer players. This doesnt seem like a great strategy....
We haven’t moved quickly for anything since Mario was hired. Hiring, firing, recruiting, offers, all the way down to game day and play calls pace and tempo of our offense.

Nothing is ever going to change in that regard.

The top portal QB does himself no favors at all committing 5 days after the portal opened anyway. The longer it goes, the less it favors Miami, but they’re in a strong position.

View attachment 270921

This is one of the biggest hedge pieces I have read.

Advertisement
View attachment 270921

Horrendous

The Tier 1 QBs were here, but, correct me if I’m wrong, they obviously didn’t want to be here or they wouldn’t have walked…or at least appeared to have walked.

We haven’t moved quickly for anything since Mario was hired. Hiring, firing, recruiting, offers, all the way down to game day and play calls pace and tempo of our offense.

Nothing is ever going to change in that regard.

The top portal QB does himself no favors at all committing 5 days after the portal opened anyway. The longer it goes, the less it favors Miami, but they’re in a strong position.
That needs to change.

Mario can't afford any more doubt in his ability to manage the QB room.

He went to Oregon with Herbert and ended with Brown.

He came to Miami with 3 4*s on the roster and is on the verge of having zero if Jacurri transfers, and almost had an all-time embarrassment by having to play a walk on in the bowl game.

I can't even think of the best QB he's recruited AND developed to be successful. Looks like every QB he signed at Oregon was a bust.

He's got too much riding on this QB including players on the roster and future recruits. He needs to hit a home run and do it fast. His results are getting too consistent to ignore.

Advertisement
That needs to change.

Mario can't afford any more doubt in his ability to manage the QB room.

He went to Oregon with Herbert and ended with Brown.

He came to Miami with 3 4*s on the roster and is on the verge of having zero if Jacurri transfers, and almost had an all-time embarrassment by having to play a walk on in the bowl game.

I can't even think of the best QB he's recruited AND developed to be successful. Looks like every QB he signed at Oregon was a bust.

He's got too much riding on this QB including players on the roster and future recruits. He needs to hit a home run and do it fast. His results are getting too consistent to ignore.
Take a deep breath.

Unless I am missing something there hasn’t been a rash of talent committing yet. I’m all for questioning his methods but it’s early.

Calm Down Al Pacino GIF

I've already posted this in Colbie thread, but you don't replace the veteran pieces we lost with freshman. We need to hit some home runs in the portal to improve on a 7 win season.

Portal would be #1 and top priority easily over the signing class. Like mentioned getting a big portal QB would have a trickle down effect on the rest of the portal class.

I just can't believe what Gaby is saying is accurate here.

I've already posted this in Colbie thread, but you don't replace the veteran pieces we lost with freshman.

Preach, especially good veteran pieces. I’ve seen people say, “Horton needs more reps anyway!”. Horton was behind him for a reason. I like Colbie, yes he is replaceable and it’s not a loss IF we upgrade. That is TBD.

Advertisement
View attachment 270921

We have no spots open currently
Need to transfer out some 1st
People need to go

Advertisement
Back