Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Advertisement
We haven’t moved quickly for anything since Mario was hired. Hiring, firing, recruiting, offers, all the way down to game day and play calls pace and tempo of our offense.

Nothing is ever going to change in that regard.

The top portal QB does himself no favors at all committing 5 days after the portal opened anyway. The longer it goes, the less it favors Miami, but they’re in a strong position.

I’m with you until the last sentence. How are we in a strong position the longer this goes?

Advertisement
Based on what I know, this kid is a slot? If so and we’re looking to bring him in, BSmith is all but gone imo
Pretty sure he played outside a ton with Purdue so he can definitely do that and do it very well. But not sure what his future position is as far as NFL goes.

Pretty sure he played outside a ton with Purdue so he can definitely do that and do it very well. But not sure what his future position is as far as NFL goes.

He did play outside but from what I’ve read, he did so because of injuries and he’s really a slot

The longer it goes it moves out of our favor… but currently in a strong position. I’ll hold the strong position stance until about December 17.

Right, that's the point. I'd argue that the portal strong position window is small especially at QB. Once those dominoes start falling, the teams will be scrambling to get a guy. I suspect that will happen sooner rather than later. So, we may hold a strong position now, but every day that goes by without a decision, the weaker our position is, imo. We'll see.

The Carpenter kid would be great - one time Michigan player who was going to start as a 1st or 2nd year kid. Wanted to leave Mich but supposedly stay close to home. Will be tough to pull if that remains the case.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Remember to not be beat up on missing highly touted high school recruits because most of the time it doesn’t even matter

Maye and Williams will be top 3 overall picks in the upcoming draft. Ewers and McCarthy led their respective teams to the playoff this year. Dart is coming off a very good season in which he led Ole Miss to 10 wins. ****, McCord was pretty decent but unspectacular as a first-year starter. That accounts for more than half the list.

Yes, Williams and Ewers were transfers but Williams followed the coach with whom he signed coming out of HS to his new landing spot and won a Heisman Trophy. That’s a recruiting and development win considering the circumstances.

The hit rate for blue-chip QB’s is astronomically higher than the hit rate for 3* QB’s. There’s no question that holds true for the 2021 QB class as well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Someone give me good news

Attachments

• IMG_0146.jpeg
    IMG_0146.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back