Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

This isn't Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State where you could do that. This is Miami where they win like 6-7 games. Maybe if Miami could string together 10 plus win seasons then yea it's a different conversation.

Why can't we do that at Miami? We need to. That's how Alabama was built in the early Saban years. Oversign and process out the jags year after year. We need to do the same.

Advertisement
Why can't we do that at Miami? We need to. That's how Alabama was built in the early Saban years. Oversign and process out the jags year after year. We need to do the same.
I already answered that question. The difference between those teams I mentioned and Miami is that they actually win games and have for years.

I already answered that question. The difference between those teams I mentioned and Miami is that they actually win games and have for years.

Yes you said that but you never explained why that means we can't process jags out and replace them with better players.

Saban sucked his first year he landed the top class that year and wait for it….again the following year since we have this dopey stance that 5-7 is why we can’t recruit this year. They built their program anyways. Miami can do that too. Beat NC ST finish the year strong even if we don’t beat FSU and win 9 games. Win the bowl game that’s 10 wins. That should shut people up around the country

Advertisement
Yes you said that but you never explained why that means we can't process jags out and replace them with better players.
NIL and the portal killed that old Alabama model. You can’t oversign kids and build 3 deep of 4*+

If kids don’t play they’ll go elsewhere.

Just look at this season. There’s more parity because NIL and the portal leveled (not completely but definitely to an extent) the playing field. A highly touted recruit has no reason to sit on the bench behind 2+ other studs ahead of him because there will be multiple other places that he can go get playing time and get paid.

Advertisement
What is Will Rodgers status? Is he out of eligibility? I am sure he isn’t happy playing in a dog shot offense

SIAP, didn't read every page:

Jalon Daniels at Kansas, B12 player of the year in 2022, dealing with some back stuff this year. If medical checks out, bring him.

Dillon Gabriel: don't think he's a big time pro prospect but I do think he is a very good college QB. I also like what I've seen leadership wise as well.

Tulane will cry about tampering if Pratt comes to Miami, so that leaves the kings of tampering Free Shoes to be able to swoop in and snag him. Ugh

Advertisement
SIAP, didn't read every page:

Jalon Daniels at Kansas, B12 player of the year in 2022, dealing with some back stuff this year. If medical checks out, bring him.

Dillon Gabriel: don't think he's a big time pro prospect but I do think he is a very good college QB. I also like what I've seen leadership wise as well.
Would Dillon Gabriel be allowed to play? I remember he transferred from UCF to OU.

Advertisement
Tulane will cry about tampering if Pratt comes to Miami, so that leaves the kings of tampering Free Shoes to be able to swoop in and snag him. Ugh
dont think it would matter i would believe he would be a grad transfer.

Also his mom can always have a medical issue or he has mental health homesickness that he can claim to return home...like 2 other acc kids did

He has been at Tulane so he can transfer anywhere with or without a degree. The tampering would also be stupid as he is a QB and Guidry was DC plus Pratt was at Tulane before Guidry arrived.

Advertisement
Back