Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Advertisement
Is this a mid-season imaginary portal thread?

I just need clarity for this year…

Has the CIS brain trust acquiesced that there are in fact good players in the portal and we need to get them on our team at key spots?

I mean I know it’s HS recruiting 4 life here in Mario World, but even he had to adapt…

Would sacrifice a distant unknown family member for Cam Ward, but that ain’t happening. I doubt he even leaves, he is putting up numbers, just thug it out one more year and go make your $ kid.
Only shot is the conference realignment factor imo. And even then, he’d have some massive suitors.

I’m thinking Pratt or Dequan Finn. Shot I wouldn’t even mind taking Pratt/Finn and then a kid like EJ Warner to compete.

I also think you gotta see how everything plays out at UCLA.
i already listed in another post..
Garbers likely could be in the portal again

Advertisement
Would sacrifice a distant unknown family member for Cam Ward, but that ain’t happening. I doubt he even leaves, he is putting up numbers, just thug it out one more year and go make your $ kid.
For a Canes' ****up-free year with Cam Ward, i got a few KNOWN family members who'll have to understand.
You Win Back Off GIF by Miami HEAT

and if he does hit the portal it won't be for Miami. It would be for a top 10 team

Advertisement
We need to get rid of dead weight. Players like

Demetrius Freeney
Shemar Kirk
Michael Redding III
Brian Balom
Jonathan Denis
Logan Sagapolu
Chantz Williams
Chris Washington
Zion Nelson
Jahfari Harvey
Luis Cristobal, Jr.

Portal works two ways, we need some of our jags to portal out

Never understood why fans **** on their players like this.....both by name and lists like this. Really don't get what benefit it has in the grand scheme except keeping the label of ****** fans going.

Kids who don't do things right off the field or quit between the lines.....ok. That's not the case.

I think you’re on an island with De Laura, who has now certainly lost his job to a TF and is very turnover-prone. We can do much better, can also do worse. Besides, he’s already transferred once so he’d need to be eligible as a graduate transfer.

Fifita looks really good, if for some reason De Laura is given his job back, then we should add him to the list of the portal targets.

Also, watch Mario grab Fernando Mendoza from Cal. If you know, you know…

But In no order…including those we could maybe entice with $ome $erious $pending…

Michael Pratt (Tulane)
Cam Ward (Wazzu)
Kaidon Salter (Liberty)
Jordan McCloud (James Madison - another year of eligibility?)
Brock Vandegriff (UGA)
CJ Montes!! (Fordham)
Maalik Murphy (Texas)
Jaden Rashada (ASU)
Cam Rising (Utah)
Connor Weigman (Texas A&M)
Seth Henigan (Memphis)
Kyron Drones (VT)
Mark Gronowski (South Dakota St)
Gevani McCoy (Idaho)
Cole Gonzales (Western Carolina)
Darius Wilson (William & Mary)

Could probably rattle off a few more just for QBs. Was going to start looking in depth in the next few weeks.
What about all those **** QB’s Old Miss has I still don’t know how Kifflin finesse the OSU starter Sanders to come warm the bench there SMH

Other than Vandergriff & Cam Rising absolutely 100% on this list.

Would back up the Brinks truck for Cam Ward or Seth Henigan, but the FCS guys would be big time pick ups as well.

A lot will depend on if Dawson comes back & what exactly Mario is looking for at QB.
Give me the opposite. The last guy I want doing qb stuff

Advertisement
Never understood why fans **** on their players like this.....both by name and lists like this. Really don't get what benefit it has in the grand scheme except keeping the label of ****** fans going.

Kids who don't do things right off the field or quit between the lines.....ok. That's not the case.

It's not personal, but in case you missed the early years of Alabama and how they built that dynasty, they did it exactly in this way. They pulled schollies year after year from the players who weren't performing, and they oversigned recruiting classes and basically made guys compete for spots. In that way they built depth of talent.

Only in later years, like the last 10 or so, have they switched their model up to now where they just recruit all 5 stars at every position and reload that way. It wasn't like that in the Saban early years and it won't be like that for us now... not until we're able to consistently recruit top 3 caliber classes. Until then, we have to do it the old Alabama way.

These kids are all paid nowadays. It's no longer an amateur sport. So I'm sorry if it seems mean spirited to you but it's just business - we need to be consistently replacing the bottom 20% or so of our roster year in and year out, processing kids, whenever there's a chance to upgrade talent either by recruiting or in the portal.

With no signing limit and the invention of the portal, we can sign like 40 kids per class nowadays. I'm sorry for the underachievers on the current roster but that's the new reality for teams that want to win... if you're signing that many, then that means some kids are going to have to be processed out every year because you're not gonna have 40 seniors leaving every year.

Those are the breaks.

It’s a good thing you aren’t a head coach because within two years you wouldn’t have anyone left on your team. Not every single person on this team are day 1 contributors.

Day 1 contributors? I don't have a single Freshman on my list. They're all guys who have been in college but haven't gotten on the field. Sorry but this is a business, these kids are all compensated with NIL money for their services, and if they aren't producing then we need to replace them with kids that can produce. Bottom line.

Advertisement
Whichever of these guys who can get to an open player and/or pick up an easy 3-5 themselves when it break down is my guy. I want completions, let the WR/RB or even a TE make the magic happen.

I say we need about 13 new portal additions, and Mario needs to sign a high school class of about 27, so in my mind we should get around 40 new kids to upgrade the talent.

If my math is correct, we only have 8 Seniors this year. That means we'll have to tell over 30 Jags to kick rocks, and I hope we have no hesitations about doing so.

Move up or move out. If you've been here and you've been a Jag then you must go to make room for better hungrier talent IMO.

Who are the jags that are going to kick rocks?

Advertisement
Back