Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Advertisement
Remaining Portal Needs: NT, 3 Tech ... CB ... DE ... ... ... IOL
Wildcard: RB2 if Fletcher or Allen injuries are complicated.
* I know D$ mentioned a second WR at one point. That kid better be truly special if that's still an option.

So likely 3-4, but as many as 7 still to go.

Advertisement
89D604F4-7122-4158-8782-307F4902A260.jpeg

I have nothing but the ultimate respect for Zo but in hindsight (and it’s always 20/20), all of his experience was in an NFL front office that’s run completely different from a CFB program. Zo more than likely was evaluating NFL player trade options and CFB upperclassman rarely dealing with HS prospects. Sure, he knows what an NFL player is supposed to look like but maybe not one that hasn’t reached that stage yet.
I get your point, but NIL and portal **** now makes college about as close to the NFL as it can get, for better or worse. Sad to say, for Miami, for the better since we couldn’t drop bags to the level of the state conglomerates….that said, your right as it was NFL that he really knows.

Advertisement
I get your point, but NIL and portal **** now makes college about as close to the NFL as it can get, for better or worse. Sad to say, for Miami, for the better since we couldn’t drop bags to the level of the state conglomerates….that said, your right as it was NFL that he really knows.
Still dealing with college kids, 85 on a roster, very different talent levels, and HS evals. I have no doubt Zo knows what an NFL player looks like but evaluating HS kids or ones a year or 2 removed from HS has to be a different animal.

Still dealing with college kids, 85 on a roster, very different talent levels, and HS evals. I have no doubt Zo knows what an NFL player looks like but evaluating HS kids or ones a year or 2 removed from HS has to be a different animal.
Completely agree. Just saying, it is a bit closer than what it was. Still, you would always prefer to have what Butch had back in the day. Still two different worlds

Advertisement
Advertisement
Completely agree. Just saying, it is a bit closer than what it was. Still, you would always prefer to have what Butch had back in the day. Still two different worlds
No doubt it’s different and continues to change regularly. Whether or not all this chamge is good or not is yet to be determined.

Advertisement
Back