Look I get it

Advertisement
RB not an A+????

It was an A with Chaney and we stole the Rooster from FSU to ****.
Your expectations are just degraded. I’m not being negative. I’m being fair/realistic. There are better classes. Alabama took 3 rbs, comparably rated, this cycle. A year ago they took the #1 and #5 backs. In ‘17 they took the #1 and #7 backs. They got the #1 back in the country like 3 out of 4 years.

Your expectations are just degraded. I’m not being negative. I’m being fair/realistic. There are better classes. Alabama took 3 rbs, comparably rated, this cycle. A year ago they took the #1 and #5 backs. In ‘17 they took the #1 and #7 backs. They got the #1 back in the country like 3 out of 4 years.

What does that have to do with Miami getting two elite backs?Both teams can get an A+ for their running back haul

What does that have to do with Miami getting two elite backs?Both teams can get an A+ for their running back haul
Maybe you are used to low expectations. You’re prolly a millennial. Where i come from, if A+ is the highest grade, then it’s defined by the highest outcomes. There are higher outcomes than the two kids we got, we just are so desperate we forget it. Neither of our kids is even a 5*. Two 4* kids, one a high 4* and one a middle 4* is not an A+. No need for grade inflation. This program produced Edge, Portis, McGahee, Gore, Najeh, Payton and James Jackson over 4-5 years.

The fact that we have to fill out this class with plan C and D players make it a failure but overall letter grade I would say around a C-. Too many misses per usual.

QB = A
RB = A+
WR = C+
TE = D
OL = F
DE = B
DT = F
LB = F
CB = F-
Safety = C+

Advertisement
I love Don Chaney and Jaylen Knighton as a recruiting class. You'd be hard pressed to find better.

But when you put into context the offense they are coming into...yeah...you gotta temper expectations a bit.

Great haul...but...for what?

Maybe you are used to low expectations. You’re prolly a millennial. Where i come from, if A+ is the highest grade, then it’s defined by the highest outcomes. There are higher outcomes than the two kids we got, we just are so desperate we forget it. Neither of our kids is even a 5*. Two 4* kids, one a high 4* and one a middle 4* is not an A+. No need for grade inflation. This program produced Edge, Portis, McGahee, Gore, Najeh, Payton and James Jackson over 4-5 years.

So you’re telling me all those guys would have been 5 stars. I get they had amazing careers here but I can say with good certainty that two of those guys wouldn’t have been 5 stars. Gore has been the consensus best back ppl have seen down there and he was a 4 star

About a like week ago people were talking about how the recruiting class was still ranked 15 and Manny is recruiting. Now we are 17th with another NSD to flop on. We might not finish in the teens.

The fact that we have to fill out this class with plan C and D players make it a failure but overall letter grade I would say around a C-. Too many misses per usual.

QB = A
RB = A+
WR = C+
TE = D
OL = F
DE = B
DT = F
LB = F
CB = F-
Safety = C+
how is dt an f? We got 2 really good players

Advertisement
About a like week ago people were talking about how the recruiting class was still ranked 15 and Manny is recruiting. Now we are 17th with another NSD to flop on. We might not finish in the teens.
Too me it’s about quality over quantity. This is a quality class at the skill spots. Anytime you can add 4 potential stars in Knighton/Don/Van Dyke( best QB prospect we’ve had imo in a while) and williams you have a quality class at the top..the mid guys Roberts, rivers, Redding, Harrell ,cave are starter level players at key spots with lots of upside...the rest are good players and even the bottom guys have starter level ceilings..none of the takes so far look like Nate dortch, Larry hope type reaches to me and I hope the staff doesn’t go that route in order to fill out 5-7 spots

Too me it’s about quality over quantity. This is a quality class at the skill spots. Anytime you can add 4 potential stars in Knighton/Don/Van Dyke( best QB prospect we’ve had imo in a while) and williams you have a quality class at the top..the mid guys Roberts, rivers, Redding, Harrell ,cave are starter level players at key spots with lots of upside...the rest are good players and even the bottom guys have starter level ceilings..none of the takes so far look like Nate dortch, Larry hope type reaches to me and I hope the staff doesn’t go that route in order to fill out 5-7 spots
Why is tvd the best QB prospect we’ve had in a while? Jaren Williams was ranked higher, Perry amd Allison euqal on rivals.

Why is tvd the best QB prospect we’ve had in a while? Jaren Williams was ranked higher, Perry amd Allison euqal on rivals.
I think van dyke is a better athlete then you’d think at 1st glance..you looking at a kid with Arm talent for football who also dominates in baseball pitching and at the plate. Aslo plays basketball I believe. Overall a very good athlete to me and imo that always matters and his athleticism shows up in the testing..then production. He went from operating under center most his Soph and jr years, to operating in the Gun in a system that highlighted his talents to get the ball down field. He throws well on the run going left or right. Plus arm strength. Shows touch and ball placement.

Perry excitement came from the splash play on his highlights. Strong arm, good runner. But kosi is kosi

jack Allison’s HS numbers and one game I saw showed a strong arm kid who was inconsistent with his accuracy proved to be that in college

jarren Williams had me as excited as I am of van dyke tbh. And I’m still high on what jarren can be.

QB = A
RB = A+
WR = C+
TE = D
OL = F
DE = B
DT = F
LB = F
CB = F-
Safety = C+

If I would assume Moise and no one else (and there better god **** be someone else...So at this point I will include Moise)

QB= A-
RB= A+
WR= B+
TE= B-
OL= C- or incompete
DT= A- (C+ without Moise)
DE= B+
LB= B I'm including Washington here, but could be Wash or Harrell
CB= C-
S= B (Including Harrell here)

Needs (in order each category too)
Urgent = OL, LB, WR
Definite Need (In order) = QB (bump up if more than 1 transfer), RB, S, DT, DE, CB, K (could bump up if Price limited)
Build Depth, don't turn down a stud= TE
Can Pass if needed P, FB

B class...Local Grade, especially dade = not good

All of this could change with transfers

Advertisement
Rousseau was coming off a back injury in the summer and they needed to ease him into getting max snaps on top of never having any real game experience.

Not sure why porsters REPEATEDLY parrot the false narrative about not getting snaps blah blah blah.

Never read anything about a back injury. I thought it was his ankle back in 2018 that required surgery?

I think van dyke is a better athlete then you’d think at 1st glance..you looking at a kid with Arm talent for football who also dominates in baseball pitching and at the plate. Aslo plays basketball I believe. Overall a very good athlete to me and imo that always matters and his athleticism shows up in the testing..then production. He went from operating under center most his Soph and jr years, to operating in the Gun in a system that highlighted his talents to get the ball down field. He throws well on the run going left or right. Plus arm strength. Shows touch and ball placement.

Perry excitement came from the splash play on his highlights. Strong arm, good runner. But kosi is kosi

jack Allison’s HS numbers and one game I saw showed a strong arm kid who was inconsistent with his accuracy proved to be that in college

jarren Williams had me as excited as I am of van dyke tbh. And I’m still high on what jarren can be.

Truth be told, CT historically is not a state known for QB play. IIRC, Dan Orlovsky is the best QB to ever come out of CT.

Truth be told, CT historically is not a state known for QB play. IIRC, Dan Orlovsky is the best QB to ever come out of CT.
CT doesn’t produce a aboundance of D1 kids at all..but I’m not I’m not a true believer in depending on recruits based on what states historically produce. For every good Cali QB there’s 2 bust. For every stud out of south Florida you can point out 2 bust who get scollies cause teams want to create inroads here..as far as Van Dyke you put him with real talent in the south East and i think he gets even more recognition..he’s a kid with a lot more room to improve cause he wasn’t one of these kids groomed by some QB coach guru. He’s not a robot which I like. Kid seems to be a gamer

Advertisement
CT doesn’t produce a aboundance of D1 kids at all..but I’m not I’m not a true believer in depending on recruits based on what states historically produce. For every good Cali QB there’s 2 bust. For every stud out of south Florida you can point out 2 bust who get scollies cause teams want to create inroads here..as far as Van Dyke you put him with real talent in the south East and i think he gets even more recognition..he’s a kid with a lot more room to improve cause he wasn’t one of these kids groomed by some QB coach guru. He’s not a robot which I like. Kid seems to be a gamer

Just hoping he’s the truth. He doesn’t have overwhelming stats against what appears to be less than stellar comp; but the recruit experts all have him as a solid 4 star, so may be u’re right...maybe there’s something to his game that will prove history wrong. Lord knows we need it.

I’m sorry if you don’t see it for the past 15 years, but the M for Miami now stands for mediocre. It shows in our recruiting (17th), our 6-6 record and our coaching staph. This is what we have become and the world knows it. We are the USC of the east coast. Just like them, we have had our glory years, but they’re gone. Enjoy the memories cuz it is what it is and likely won’t change for a while...if ever.

Never read anything about a back injury. I thought it was his ankle back in 2018 that required surgery?

1576952124714.png

Yes he had a back issue coming out of the pre-season camp so they worked him back slowly but all of the jackals in here though like to parrot the stupidity that "the coaches suck ... just look how Patchan started over Rousseau." The coaches suck for the most part but DL is not one of them.

how is dt an f? We got 2 really good players

I didn’t count the one that hasn’t signed yet but I still probably underrated the position. I overlooked Elijah Roberts bc he is listed as a DE on 247.

But even with that being said it’s hard to say if a converted DE will have success at the college level playing DT. Pat Bethel was a 4 star SDE too and didn’t have a real impact playing DT at Miami.

I’ll update the rank to a D, if Moise signs a C+

Advertisement
Back