Look at the Pitt schedule

I think that we should stop telling ourselves this. We had literally zero people on the All ACC preseason offensive team and only 1 on the defensive team. Duke and GT had as many players on the teams as we did and Boston college had 3 guys.

I see some stars on our roster but they aren't there yet.
Bingo. HS star rating isn't exactly fool proof. Granted, the better coaching you have, the better chance you have at maximizing what talent is there, whether a kid is over-rated or under-rated coming out of HS.

Advertisement
Through it all, one constant remains. Manny's time should be up. This youth movement should have been from game 1 this year, not a last ditch effort to save his own ***

I think TVD will be is better then Pickett as he gains experience, he has developed confidence. My only concern is Lashlee, not Pickett, not Pitt but will Lashlee unleash the beast that is TVD?

Advertisement
Our fans love to throw around the word talent. We have some talent, majority of it is young. I mean real talent, not some kid looked good in 7 on 7 in high school, and got a 4 star rating. Anyone think Isiah Dunson should've been a 4 star? He runs like a 4.7 forty. He has length, but is just not fast enough at this level. Nesta was a high 4 star recruit, he is a solid player, but should he had been a 4 star? He lacks elite athleticism and size. He won't get drafted. But yet we have people thinking we have all this talent because he was a 4 star.

The real talent like NFL size and/or measurables would be like:

Jared Harrison-Hunte
James Williams
Romello Brinson
Leonard Taylor
Kam Kitchens
Tyrique Stevenson
Zion Nelson
Jalen Rivers
Don Chaney Jr.
Chase Smith
TVD
Garcia

Then you have smaller players who can be really good college players, maybe not higher drafted kids because of size:

Deriq King
Jaylan Knighton
Brashard Smith
Avantae Williams
Jacolby George
Keontra Smith
Mike Harley
Charleston Rambo
Xavier Restrepo

So majority of these kids I listed are 1st or 2nd year players, or injured, or have missed a lot of time.

We have some talent, unfortunately a good majority is very young, or have missed a lot of time for various reasons.

We have faced some legit bigtime QB's this year. I don't remember a season facing this many good QB's.

Bryce Young, Brennan Armstrong, Payton Thorne, Sam Howell, Devin Leary, and now maybe the best of them all in Kenny Pickett.

122 TD's with 21 INT'S is what that group has done this year. 5 of them rank top 14 in NCAA in total touchdowns this year.

They are ranked because they beat Clemson, the rest of their schedule is teams with losing records and they lost to Western Michigan. Can't believe they are 10 point favorites, I think that will change through the week.

Pitt pathetic schedule

They were ranked No. 23 because they were 5-1 before playing unranked Clemson. They moved up this week because teams in front of them fell.

They are 6-1 and are coming off of road routes of Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech and a home win of Clemson—each by double digits—with a veteran quarterback under center (the same Kenny Pickett who beat Miami as a freshman in 2017.)

Miami stole a one-point win over NC State and has looked like garbage all season. Pitt should absolutely be 10-point favorites—and the line will only move because of the way the bets are going—not because they're not worth.

I'll be shocked if they don't cover where the line currently is. Last week was a fluke. The Canes fed off a surprising home crowd, like they have for past random Thursday night games where they'd roll a North Carolina—and then a week later look like garbage against someone else.

No corner was turned here. If the Wolfpack's top received doesn't drop some balls (that were so catchable he's been accused by their fans of point shaving) and dude's fumble recovery isn't overturned because he lost a helmet, Canes lose 42-24 instead of ekeing out 31-30.

They were ranked No. 23 because they were 5-1 before playing unranked Clemson. They moved up this week because teams in front of them fell.

They are 6-1 and are coming off of road routes of Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech and a home win of Clemson—each by double digits—with a veteran quarterback under center (the same Kenny Pickett who beat Miami as a freshman in 2017.)

Miami stole a one-point win over NC State and has looked like garbage all season. Pitt should absolutely be 10-point favorites—and the line will only move because of the way the bets are going—not because they're not worth.

I'll be shocked if they don't cover where the line currently is. Last week was a fluke. The Canes fed off a surprising home crowd, like they have for past random Thursday night games where they'd roll a North Carolina—and then a week later look like garbage against someone else.

No corner was turned here. If the Wolfpack's top received doesn't drop some balls (that were so catchable he's been accused by their fans of point shaving) and dude's fumble recovery isn't overturned because he lost a helmet, Canes lose 42-24 instead of ekeing out 31-30.

Agreed.
When your best margin of victory is a 2pt win versus App St... no corner has been turned.

Our fans love to throw around the word talent. We have some talent, majority of it is young. I mean real talent, not some kid looked good in 7 on 7 in high school, and got a 4 star rating. Anyone think Isiah Dunson should've been a 4 star? He runs like a 4.7 forty. He has length, but is just not fast enough at this level. Nesta was a high 4 star recruit, he is a solid player, but should he had been a 4 star? He lacks elite athleticism and size. He won't get drafted. But yet we have people thinking we have all this talent because he was a 4 star.

The real talent like NFL size and/or measurables would be like:

Jared Harrison-Hunte
James Williams
Romello Brinson
Leonard Taylor
Kam Kitchens
Tyrique Stevenson
Zion Nelson
Jalen Rivers
Don Chaney Jr.
Chase Smith
TVD
Garcia

Then you have smaller players who can be really good college players, maybe not higher drafted kids because of size:

Deriq King
Jaylan Knighton
Brashard Smith
Avantae Williams
Jacolby George
Keontra Smith
Mike Harley
Charleston Rambo
Xavier Restrepo

So majority of these kids I listed are 1st or 2nd year players, or injured, or have missed a lot of time.

We have some talent, unfortunately a good majority is very young, or have missed a lot of time for various reasons.

We have faced some legit bigtime QB's this year. I don't remember a season facing this many good QB's.

Bryce Young, Brennan Armstrong, Payton Thorne, Sam Howell, Devin Leary, and now maybe the best of them all in Kenny Pickett.

122 TD's with 21 INT'S is what that group has done this year. 5 of them rank top 14 in NCAA in total touchdowns this year.
Isaiah Dunson ran a 4.9 at camp, video is somewhere on youtube, when I posted it was down voted and probably called a mope like i made him run it, now he plays and he getting burned all day.. not surprising..

Advertisement
Expect a close game, that's what Miami does when it's not playing an very good to elite team. Question is does Lashlee continue to be aggressive with a qb that is building confidence every week or do we go back to the inside zone bs?

Aside from tackling Pitts defense isn't much better than Miami's. We should be able to score more than enough to win but Manny has given up over 30 points to every P5 team we've faced all year.

It's the same as it was with UNC contain the qb and Miami has a good shot at winning. Based on Manny's history that's not looking very promising.

Don't worry, they're a good team today just like NCSU was before we played them. If we win, they aren't any good just like NCSU wasn't.

No matter what, there shall be no credit given to Manny.

Signed,

Most Posters on this Board
Credit him for what, keeping the games close against OK teams? Bungling the last two minutes of every half?

Pickett picks us apart. He'll be firmly cemented in the Heisman race Saturday evening.

I think we score too though. 41-30 type of game but not enough to win it.

The only thing we have going for us is, after the Rozier hangover game, we've beaten Pickett and Pitt the last 2 years.

Advertisement
We have played one of the most difficult schedules in the nation. 10th per Sagarin, 6th per Kenpom, etc.

The combined record of the teams we've lost to is 24-6.
I will only give you Bama. Michigan State is way overrated. Our coRching Staph is the reason why we are where we are. Lashlee finally slowed down the offense a bit and it helped the offensive instead of always running tempo. Young players are helping.

The defense, led by our all world DC still struggles tackling & our turnover margin is terrible. Only 1 interception by James Williams vs CCST. Other dropped interceptions at crucial times by a lot of DBs. Not creating turnovers. -6 on the season.

1635174868603.png

Advertisement
I will only give you Bama. Michigan State is way overrated. Our coRching Staph is the reason why we are where we are. Lashlee finally slowed down the offense a bit and it helped the offensive instead of always running tempo. Young players are helping.

The defense, led by our all world DC still struggles tackling & our turnover margin is terrible. Only 1 interception by James Williams vs CCST. Other dropped interceptions at crucial times by a lot of DBs. Not creating turnovers. -6 on the season.

View attachment 159000
Why did you (1) respond in Italics, (2) send me a screenshot of something having to do with turnovers?

That's alright. I'll just mute you. It's better that way.

ESPN's FPI (yeah, yeah) has Pitt at #6. FWIW, we're in the 20s at 3-4.

But this would be our biggest win since ND, imo.

Why did you (1) respond in Italics, (2) send me a screenshot of something having to do with turnovers?

That's alright. I'll just mute you. It's better that way.
Sorry about the Italics. Only the first paragraph was meant for you.

The defensive turnovers was meant for a different post. I am a mess. I would ignore me as well 😂 - sorry!

Advertisement
Back