Look at Nesta

Advertisement
R u serious it would have been closer to a pick 6 , the defender was already starting to undercut the route....

ClosedUnfoldedGallinule-max-1mb.gif

The way this board talks about our lbers... you would think Pinckney hasnt made a play all year?? But i've seen him do that every game so far this season. hmmmm

FAKE CIS NEWS

Advertisement
Like I said about the big dog Nesta himself... he's a straight beast. Some of yall were really talking crazy saying **** like "blahblahblah im a ****** in a perfect world Nesta would redshirt""he's a freshman when has a freshman DT EVER been ready to start"

lol now look at you smh

Nesta should easily be in the rotation on raw ability alone.....I dont see him progressing as fast behind scrubs....he needs to showcase his talent early and often...
Simmer down buddy in the trenches it’s a man game and you need to be developed for it especially at DT when your usually getting leaned in by 3/4/5 year college experienced Interior oline

This isn’t skill positions where you can run around and make a play

Like I said about the big dog Nesta himself... he's a straight beast. Some of yall were really talking crazy saying **** like "blahblahblah im a ****** in a perfect world Nesta would redshirt""he's a freshman when has a freshman DT EVER been ready to start"

lol now look at you smh

Nesta is simply the best FR DT prospect we've had since Wilfork.

Now if we can get Ford to develop.

Nesta is a raw horse. Just needs polish and more rush moves in his ****nal, but make no mistake the kid is going to wreak havoc. He's big and strong enough to be a 1T but he's got good speed and footwork to be a 3T. Those are NFL DT qualities.

When we have 4 DTs in our rotation of his caliber, we will be unstoppable.
We have never had four elite DTs....ever. Closest maybe '89, with Russ Maryland and Cortez Kennedy..I think Jimmie Jones was in the rotation. Might be expecting too much for us to have four. If we have three very good DTs to comprise a rotation we can be very very good.

In '87 we had a very thin DT rotation with one DT being a converted undersized 238 lb. DE named Greg Mark who had to move inside when Marvelous Wonderful Dan Sileo was declared ineligible (and should have been declared, "undesirable").Another DT starter was solid, reliable but unspectacular Derwin Jones. Very little depth behind the starters.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Had to watch it like 10 times to notice what amazing thing Nesta did on that play. Nesta was the least impressive player there.

He's a good one, but lets find better examples to hype a guy ok.....

Had to watch it like 10 times to notice what amazing thing Nesta did on that play. Nesta was the least impressive player there.

He's a good one, but lets find better examples to hype a guy ok.....
A true freshman putting a junior/senior lineman on his back is a pretty impressive if you ask me in his 2nd game playing no matter if it’s a group of 5 team or not... a lot of group of 5 teams beat power 5 teams last week

We have never had four elite DTs....ever. Closest maybe '89, with Russ Maryland and Cortez Kennedy..I think Jimmie Jones was in the rotation. Might be expecting too much for us to have four. If we have three very good DTs to comprise a rotation we can be very very good.

In '87 we had a very thin DT rotation with one DT being a converted undersized 238 lb. DE named Greg Mark who had to move inside when Marvelous Wonderful Dan Sileo was declared ineligible (and should have been declared, "undesirable").Another DT starter was solid, reliable but unspectacular Derwin Jones. Very little depth behind the starters.

The ‘89 DL was exactly what I was referring to. My favorite DTs of the Canes eras.

Probably a tall order to expect 4 Nesta’s but that’s what we need to shoot for. Our defense has always been predicated on the hogs upfront. Maybe when we get back to having a disruptive DL again Manny won’t need to run all of his fancy cute schemes.

Simmer down buddy in the trenches it’s a man game and you need to be developed for it especially at DT when your usually getting leaned in by 3/4/5 year college experienced Interior oline his isn’t skill positions where you can run around and make a play
Yea it might be sooner than expected "if" Miami had recruited the position better...DT tackle recruiting has been terrible compared to most p5 teams in the country which is crazy....Also sprinkle in the fact losing RJ and Norton prematurely hurt the DT position bigtime...Tito, Bethel and Ford didn't impress enough in 3 games to solidify the rotation imo..Nesta could already be better game day player than a few guys ahead of him...who knows?...why not give him some of those reps early to see where he's at? if Notre Dame and Wisconsin have frosh backups Miami can do the same...

Advertisement
Back