Look at Nesta

Yea it might be sooner than expected if Miami had recruited the position better...DT tackle recruiting has been terrible compared to most p5 teams in the country which is crazy....Also sprinkle in the fact losing RJ and Norton prematurely hurt the DT position bigtime...Tito, Bethel and Ford didn't impress enough in 3 games to solidify the rotation imo..Nesta could already be better game day player than a few guys ahead of him...who knows?...why not give him some of those reps early to see where he's at? if Notre Dame and Wisconsin have frosh backups Miami can do the same...
One could argue the dt play has been better especially in clogging up running lanes and getting a actual pass rush up the middle so they didn’t hurt the position as much as you think. Remember mcintosh had a thyroid issue that was revealed so he probably wouldn’t be playing if he stayed at Miami right now anyway. Plus Willis is playing at a dominant dt level whether it’s in pass rush or run defending and I’ll gladly trade for that over the production we had from mcintosh and Norton who were really only decent(not Elite) in any category. Willis is elite in both

Last edited:
Advertisement
crosser was open

You always want to leave the middle of the field wide open when blitzing.
well when every single lineman misses their block, it doesnt really matter.

Now...against good teams with good lines, i hope that wouldnt happen

A true freshman putting a junior/senior lineman on his back is a pretty impressive if you ask me in his 2nd game playing no matter if it’s a group of 5 team or not... a lot of group of 5 teams beat power 5 teams last week

Bull rushing a center is easier than a guard but it's impressive nonetheless. He has an elite combo of power & strength. Explosive.

As for the play, if we could get that kind of push in the middle nobody would ever move the ball. Textbook. Ends/LB collapsed pocket on outside, nowhere to step up.. /profit

The kid is a true freshman, and an all american hs baller. He's obviously got a fire under his *** too. What's not to like at this point. If you can complain about Nesta right now you have issues. Yeah, he hasn't played a lot against crazy hard opposition at this point, but he's also brand new. I think even just seeing how he plays, and his never die attitude, against underwhelming competition is enough for me at this point. He is only going to keep getting better.

Advertisement
One could argue the dt play has been better especially in clogging up running lanes and getting a actual pass rush up the middle so they didn’t hurt the position as much as you think. Remember mcintosh had a thyroid issue that was revealed so he probably wouldn’t be playing if he stayed at Miami right anyway. Plus Willis is playing at a dominant dt level whether it’s in pass rush or run defending and I’ll gladly trade for that over the production we had from mcintosh and Norton who were really only decent(not Elite) in any category. Willis is elite in both
Against lsu? Willis was the only one ballin at DT... I saw others getting pushed around ....tells me the rotation isn't solid enough to keep Nesta out....

Against lsu? Willis was the only one ballin at DT... I saw others getting pushed around ....tells me the rotation isn't solid enough to keep Nesta out....
He definitely needs to playing more at this point but I just don’t think the Loss of mcintosh/Norton was that detrimental imo. We will be fine

Last edited:

**** yeah Nesta has to play. Not a question. Has the highest upside of them all.

Ford has not stepped up yet like I’d hoped unfortunately, and Bethel is nothing spectacular - he’s truly a DE/situational DT like DJax; playing out of position.

We need Nesta on the field.

Advertisement
Back