Look at me. My thoughts.

Every year we implode after our first loss

Let's see how strong our football team is after we drop a game and that'll let us know everything we need to know about king and the squad

Advertisement
Absolutely my friend. We’ve got some big holes that Clemson is going to punish us over, but I liked what I saw out there in general.
Hold on!!! Who said we were friends?!?!

No, but seriously, isn't it great to just have a watchable, entertaining product, that the fans enjoy and the recruits will be attracted by? That in itself is a big step this season

I just wanted to watch a competent and fun offense. I was sick of being bored watching Miami. Last night I did not change the channel for the entire game. Not one single time. I cannot complain. The offense is fun to watch. Season will be enjoyable barring the bug.

Advertisement
I’m ready for the ride; we got work to do, but man we look like a competent football team, at least.

**** bro I read your post while my girl yapping in my ear with some BS about her friend and I’m saying “uh huh” & “I feel you”and thought you put “complete” football team lol
But man if you put our offense this year with our defense 2 years ago we would be acc champs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
My first impression in response to this is top 15, yeah, top 10, maybe by the end of the year. But it would take real depth to start to look like a top 5 team. I was encouraged seeing a LOT of guys play. The DL got quite a bit of rotation.

But as things stand right now, to be among the elite:

1) Receivers need a MAJOR overhaul. Payton, Redding and Restrepo need to be the truth because what we saw from Harley, Wiggins and Pope this game (and every game before) is NOT the answer.
2) Real depth at CB. CB play falls off a cliff after Blades. We have a long way to go on this and will certainly need to hit the portal this offseson.
3) OL push. We still cannot consistently get two tough yards, and it looks like we have a long ways to go before we get there.

I seriously doubt we beat Clemson, UNC is definitely a concern and then whoever we play in the bowl game. But this season sets up well to really solidify recruiting further and become a marquee program again. If only we could find a way for King to stay one more year....

It's his decision but two years of film from king dominating ACC opponents would probably improve his draft stock

Advertisement
Did you see Louisville faces after dude laid a 57 yarder on their asses? They were like- They get to the **** 40 and they're scoring?! Huge weapon for us. As for Clemson, turnovers are their downfall. Must dominate the turnover battle so we have more possessions in the game than them to have a shot.

Advertisement
Back