Look at me. My thoughts.

JHallCanes

2028 is our year
Premium
It’s been a long time since I’ve been excited. Probably Notre Dame.

That said, we won’t beat Clemson but we have a good team finally.

The defense scares me but ****, 6 points at the half? The defense played tough.

Phillips was a monster tonight. He got held over and over again but did his thing.

Silvera is getting better and is unstoppable at times.

McCloud made some plays.

The offense looks solid besides all the bad penalties and drops which can get fixed.

King is trustworthy which is a breath of fresh air. Stating the obvious but he is a good one.

The kicking game is as good as I’ve ever seen here. Wow. With all the close games we’ve played over the years in the ACC these guys can really make a difference.

2020 has been a bit of a nightmare, but the Canes look like a solid top 15 team with the talent to make some real noise against anyone not named Clemson.

We have a lot of work to do, but there’s some really good players on both sides of the ball.

Those of us that have basically become numb to the WOATness that has been the Canes lately, can finally breath a little bit.

It’s a good team.

Cheers everyone. Gonna be a **** of a ride.

Advertisement

Phillips was a monster tonight. He got held over and over again but did his thing.

McCloud made some plays.

The offense looks solid besides all the bad penalties and drops which can get fixed.

King is trustworthy which is a breath of fresh air. Stating the obvious but he is a good one.

The kicking game is as good as I’ve ever seen here. Wow. With all the close games we’ve played over the years in the ACC these guys can really make a difference.

2020 has been a bit of a nightmare, but the Canes look like a solid top 15 team with the talent to make some real noise against anyone not named Clemson.

We have a lot of work to do, but there’s some really good players on both sides of the ball.

Those of us that have basically become numb to the WOATness that has been the Canes lately, can finally breath a little bit.

It’s a good team.

I’m ready for the ride; we got work to do, but man we look like a competent football team, at least.

We. Got. An. Effing. Kicker.
Fix the dumb mistakes and play sound disciplined ball and we got more than a punchers chance of beating Clempson. We work on those things like penalties and drops, with special teams (punting and kicking), we look a lot more complete and confident.

My first impression in response to this is top 15, yeah, top 10, maybe by the end of the year. But it would take real depth to start to look like a top 5 team. I was encouraged seeing a LOT of guys play. The DL got quite a bit of rotation.

But as things stand right now, to be among the elite:

1) Receivers need a MAJOR overhaul. Payton, Redding and Restrepo need to be the truth because what we saw from Harley, Wiggins and Pope this game (and every game before) is NOT the answer.
2) Real depth at CB. CB play falls off a cliff after Blades. We have a long way to go on this and will certainly need to hit the portal this offseson.
3) OL push. We still cannot consistently get two tough yards, and it looks like we have a long ways to go before we get there.

I seriously doubt we beat Clemson, UNC is definitely a concern and then whoever we play in the bowl game. But this season sets up well to really solidify recruiting further and become a marquee program again. If only we could find a way for King to stay one more year....

Advertisement
Fix the dumb mistakes and play sound disciplined ball and we got more than a punchers chance of beating Clempson. We work on those things like penalties and drops, with special teams (punting and kicking), we look a lot more complete and confident.

Dude came in and broke the school record in his second game. Freaking savage.

Also, to not be remotely underrated, we have a very solid, and most importantly CONSISTENT punter.

I really think we play up and down to our competition so it wouldn’t surprise me if we gave Clemson a good game.

Advertisement

McCloud made some plays.

It’s a good team.

The offense and kicking game are night and day better than last year. Huge!

I really wish we were better at MLB, Jennings simply couldn't get off blocks tonight and was really slow to the ball. That was a bitter issue tonight than CB
On the 4th and short that Louisville, I want to say it was Jennings, who instead of filling the gap, ran behind the D-lineman.... UL converted by running into the open lane.. 🙃

I wish that light would flick on for Ford like it's beginning for Silvera because he has to much talent to not be making plays or demanding a double team.

Advertisement
I mean I heard the hype but that whole scene of that kick was surreal

Bless that kid

Advertisement
Let’s gooo JHall, agree completely. I think the defense can get better, outside of Clemson and maybe UNC there’s not a better offense we’ll face than Louisville.
Hope all is well with you my dude.

I agree I was really impressed the way we hung in there on D in the first half. Louisville is NASTY on offense.

I really wish we were better at MLB, Jennings simply couldn't get off blocks tonight and was really slow to the ball. That was a bitter issue tonight than CB
Absolutely my friend. We’ve got some big holes that Clemson is going to punish us over, but I liked what I saw out there in general.

My first impression in response to this is top 15, yeah, top 10, maybe by the end of the year. But it would take real depth to start to look like a top 5 team. I was encouraged seeing a LOT of guys play. The DL got quite a bit of rotation.

But as things stand right now, to be among the elite:

1) Receivers need a MAJOR overhaul. Payton, Redding and Restrepo need to be the truth because what we saw from Harley, Wiggins and Pope this game (and every game before) is NOT the answer.
2) Real depth at CB. CB play falls off a cliff after Blades. We have a long way to go on this and will certainly need to hit the portal this offseson.
3) OL push. We still cannot consistently get two tough yards, and it looks like we have a long ways to go before we get there.

I seriously doubt we beat Clemson, UNC is definitely a concern and then whoever we play in the bowl game. But this season sets up well to really solidify recruiting further and become a marquee program again. If only we could find a way for King to stay one more year....
Good stuff man

Advertisement
Back