Lonnie Walker Spurs. YES

MiamiJoe

Sophomore
Love the fact he will play for Pop and if Leonard leaves Spurs he has chance to get major playing time

Advertisement
Advertisement
The Heat should've traded into the draft to pick LW4. Great talent, coachable kid, underrated athleticism, and to me the best shooting guard in the draft with the highest ceiling. This is the steal of the draft. He will force coach Pop to tweak his system a little bit.

RIP. They play system ball. Unless he is by far one of the best players we will have to play with in their system.
Their "system" is to play to the strengths of their roster. Pop has tailored his offense to his skill players for years. Rick Carlisle in Dallas on the other hand....

Advertisement
I concur with everything said here and would add that Lonnie is doubly lucky in that he very well may be the last Lottery-esque pick to enjoy Pop's full tutelage too. Pop I believe is the oldest current coach in the league as he's pushing 70 yrs old and seems like the kind of dude that might just wake up one day and decide he's done. No fanfare type of deal.

Great system for Lonnie...interesting that espn on his draft profile for college - NONE . Maybe espn should be banned for life covering the draft?

Advertisement
This is one of the most idiotic things I have ever read on this board (and that’s saying a lot). No one in the league developes talent better than Pop and the Spurs.
That's because the @TheChosenOne is notorious for making idiotic statements alot on here most negative Nancy I've ever seen stick to what you know bud and obviously it isnt the NBA or Lonnie Walker and his abilities

Advertisement
Imma miss our palm tree.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180622-051855_Imgur.jpg
    Screenshot_20180622-051855_Imgur.jpg
    523.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20180622-051913_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180622-051913_Gallery.jpg
    475.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20180622-052148_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180622-052148_Gallery.jpg
    528.7 KB · Views: 10
Lonnie's hairstyle is not conducive to wearing a baseball cap. They should have had the foresight to give him a visor.

Couldn't agree more with most of the sentiment here. Really happy to see him drafted by the Spurs. May have been a few spots lower than projected, but he'll get far better coaching right off the bat than he would have if a **** franchise like the Wizards had drafted him.

RIP. They play system ball. Unless he is by far one of the best players we will have to play with in their system.
This is a modern day Ginobli for them. He never had to create his own shot during his time with the Spurs and LW4 won't have to either. Pop is thrilled about this pick, because he's getting an incredible spot up shooter.

Advertisement
Back