Lonnie Walker Spurs. YES

Lonnie will look like Elfrid Payton if he keeps growing his hair. It’s a good thing Pop will make him cut that ****.....

Advertisement
They didn't even work out Lonnie because they had him rated so high and didn't think he'd fall.
That's huge. I think I read somewhere that they were thinking of trading up to 12 or 13 for him..Was really hoping philly would have taken him, but they went and ****ed up their 1st round. Lonnie is gonna kill it in SA, definite steal at 18

Advertisement
Already made a blunder with an ill advised tweet about July 4th which he already deleted, Stick to basketball Lonnie until you prove yourself.

Advertisement
Advertisement
How about stick to basketball, period. I hope whatever he learned about "history" he didn't learn from UM.
He didn't. Idk why everyone thinks colleges are so ultra liberal. It leans liberal, but extremely left positions like that are not discussed in the classroom unless you're taking a class aimed at discussing a wide range of politics or things like gender studies. Students just tend to be more liberal.

I never had a teacher discuss any sort of politics in any of my classes in 4 years at Miami.

Lonnie could have become a top 10 pick had he come back. Not sure how much money difference that is.
Comparing the 10 pick vs the 18 since im not sure I ever even saw lonnie projected as high as the 10

1st and 2nd year (guaranteed) 6,674,700 vs 4,264,700
3rd year $3,632,500 vs $2,410,000

4th year 4,463,100 vs 3,706,580

5th year 6078742 vs 5,259,637

20,849,000 vs 15,640,000

So about 5 million left on the table over 5 years based on the 2018 rookie payscale but the draft is a gamble and I think going to a team with a better developmental program like the spurs will pay off when it comes to any future contracts and he will make that money back.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back