Lonnie entering the draft

This **** investigation really hurt us

I'd still like to know more details on what the allegation against Coach L is. What was his involvement, if anything? I know he and the AD have denied any involvement. But ... that still leaves the burning question of how UM's and Coach L's name somehow magically appeared in the Feds case. It sort of defies logic to think they just made UMs and Coach's alleged involvement up out of whole cloth. I mean, we know thiose shioe guys are more than capable of flat out lying but ... why our program specifically? We're not a "blue blood."
Lonnie to the sixers at pick 10

Make it happen
Or, #19 to Atlanta (per Basketball Insider).

Advertisement
I think the extent of the allegation is that Augustine told Adidas that L knew about the money going to Little. Except there was never any money going to Little because Augustine pocketed it. Essentially Augustine was running a scam on Adidas and name dropped to make it seem more legitimate.

Sometimes I can't stand how the NFL overvalues draft picks but I'll take it over how wack the NBA has become. Some team probably will be more than happy to take Walker on the edge of the lottery and then have to develop him (which is why I never said him leaving early was wrong for his immediate financial future).

Can you imagine a team in the NFL taking a RB or WR at that spot.....and hoping they'd be good like 4 years from now? I mean maybe they used to do that with QBs but even that is a distant memory. In today's NBA I guess the only draft picks you can legitimately hold to a standard of "Hey, let's see some production NOW" are like the top 5. It's basically a very pleasant surprise if guys past that shine right away.

It may not be that distant if Josh Allen gets drafted early.

thats part of the point. you think lebron or harden are putting up those numbers if they had to go against that defense? the NBA today is a very soft league. i watch a game a few weeks ago, all Karl Anthony Towns is doing is shooting spot up threes and im thinking to myself, this kid could score 40 points easily in the paint and hes playing like kyle korver. my frustration is not kids getting paid, its what the NBA has become.

If Lebron or any of them where born 20 years earlier their game would be developed to play against people hand checking and would play completely different. They would not score as many points. If Jordan was around today he would not play the same way as he used to because it would not benefit him. Towns benefits the team more as a stretch 5 and stays out of foul trouble. Basically you do not like the new NBA rules and think it would be better with the old rules. I agree with that, but I also know that the guys now are more talented and better players then the old school guys and if they never changed the rules it would be clear to even the occasional viewer. Also, do you think Jordan or any of the other players would look good on D if they couldn't hand check? No they would look exactly like the guys you see today that people claim are terrible at D.

If Lebron or any of them where born 20 years earlier their game would be developed to play against people hand checking and would play completely different. They would not score as many points. If Jordan was around today he would not play the same way as he used to because it would not benefit him. Towns benefits the team more as a stretch 5 and stays out of foul trouble. Basically you do not like the new NBA rules and think it would be better with the old rules. I agree with that, but I also know that the guys now are more talented and better players then the old school guys and if they never changed the rules it would be clear to even the occasional viewer. Also, do you think Jordan or any of the other players would look good on D if they couldn't hand check? No they would look exactly like the guys you see today that people claim are terrible at D.

you are right. i prefer the old style. I disagree today players are better. They are in better shape because of the advances in training and medicine, however, many of them lack the killer instinct of the old players.

Advertisement
you are right. i prefer the old style. I disagree today players are better. They are in better shape because of the advances in training and medicine, however, many of them lack the killer instinct of the old players.

We can agree to disagree. There where tons of soft nba players in the old school days too. The new guys just look softer because they try to draw more fouls.

LMAO. In the 80's the big complaint was that teams played no defense, so in the 90's they started to let teams get away with more physical play ie: hand checking, grabbing, holding, basically Pat Riley era Knicks basketball. Towards the turn of the century, NBA fans got tired of 88-79 snoozers so they changed the rules again to allow for more scoring and a faster pace. Yes, guys don't play "defense" like they used to but it's because they're not allowed to anymore. As for the lack of low post scorers, two reasons for that. The first is the legalization of zone defense in the NBA. Teams no longer have to throw some journeyman 7 footer out against a star center and hope he can stop him by himself. The second is the three pointer. It took forever for teams to realize but shooting 35% on threes is better than shooting 50% on twos. It's the same reason you don't see the midrange jump shot much anymore. Technically it's the worst shot you can take. So here were are in 2018 with a bunch of fast paced, three point shooting teams that are restricted on how they can play defense. You build your team as the rules of the league dictate. There's a reason why the two highest scoring teams in the league are the heavy favorites to win the title.

We can agree to disagree. There where tons of soft nba players in the old school days too. The new guys just look softer because they try to draw more fouls.
i think NBA is better than it was 10 years ago. I think there is definitely better quality.
personally, i just dont like a league that is too young because guys arent mentally or physically developed. that is why alot of guys have to retire young. i dont believe your body is ready for an 82 game nba schedule at 18 or 19.

LMAO. In the 80's the big complaint was that teams played no defense, so in the 90's they started to let teams get away with more physical play ie: hand checking, grabbing, holding, basically Pat Riley era Knicks basketball. Towards the turn of the century, NBA fans got tired of 88-79 snoozers so they changed the rules again to allow for more scoring and a faster pace. Yes, guys don't play "defense" like they used to but it's because they're not allowed to anymore. As for the lack of low post scorers, two reasons for that. The first is the legalization of zone defense in the NBA. Teams no longer have to throw some journeyman 7 footer out against a star center and hope he can stop him by himself. The second is the three pointer. It took forever for teams to realize but shooting 35% on threes is better than shooting 50% on twos. It's the same reason you don't see the midrange jump shot much anymore. Technically it's the worst shot you can take. So here were are in 2018 with a bunch of fast paced, three point shooting teams that are restricted on how they can play defense. You build your team as the rules of the league dictate. There's a reason why the two highest scoring teams in the league are the heavy favorites to win the title.

Thank you! This is exactly what I have been saying all along. You are 100% correct.

Advertisement
i think NBA is better than it was 10 years ago. I think there is definitely better quality.
personally, i just dont like a league that is too young because guys arent mentally or physically developed. that is why alot of guys have to retire young. i dont believe your body is ready for an 82 game nba schedule at 18 or 19.

Well the stats don't back up that opinion. Most of the 18 year olds that joined the NBA have long careers besides a select few like Andrew Bynum, but tall players like him statistically have shorter careers anyway. If anything an 18-19 year old would be able to recover quicker then an older player in regards to playing a high number of games. Regardless, since football is my favorite sport I preferred when the NBA was more physical and players didn't flop around like soccer players. All of my favorite players like Ben Wallace and Allen Iverson where tough and rough players. I think part of the reason why guys retire younger now(I am not even sure if that is true I just don't have any stats saying one way or the other and it may just be confirmation bias that you see young guys retiring earlier then ever before) is the fact that guys are so much more explosive and jump so much higher while weighing a lot more. When you have a 270 lb guy like Howard who can get above the rim and he is doing it 82 nights of the year that is going to wear on your joints a lot more then Bill Russel who weighted 220lbs and jumps about half the height of howard.

Well the stats don't back up that opinion. Most of the 18 year olds that joined the NBA have long careers besides a select few like Andrew Bynum, but tall players like him statistically have shorter careers anyway. If anything an 18-19 year old would be able to recover quicker then an older player in regards to playing a high number of games. Regardless, since football is my favorite sport I preferred when the NBA was more physical and players didn't flop around like soccer players. All of my favorite players like Ben Wallace and Allen Iverson where tough and rough players. I think part of the reason why guys retire younger now(I am not even sure if that is true I just don't have any stats saying one way or the other and it may just be confirmation bias that you see young guys retiring earlier then ever before) is the fact that guys are so much more explosive and jump so much higher while weighing a lot more. When you have a 270 lb guy like Howard who can get above the rim and he is doing it 82 nights of the year that is going to wear on your joints a lot more then Bill Russel who weighted 220lbs and jumps about half the height of howard.
i think your body is not fully developed at a young age. I think you are wrong about injuries.The difference today is you can come back better because of medicine, but i dont believe you are physically ready to handle the 82 games unless you are 20-21 or a Lebron style freak of nature.

i just prefer old school ball. perhaps im stuck in the past. I loved how players legit hated their rivals, these dudes today are so chummy with each other. thats why for all his flaws, i respect westbrook so much.

Good luck to the young man. Would have like to have sees him here another year, but tough to argue with his decision. NBA draft is all about potential, not polish and he has tremendous upside potential.

i think your body is not fully developed at a young age. I think you are wrong about injuries.The difference today is you can come back better because of medicine, but i dont believe you are physically ready to handle the 82 games unless you are 20-21 or a Lebron style freak of nature.

i just prefer old school ball. perhaps im stuck in the past. I loved how players legit hated their rivals, these dudes today are so chummy with each other. thats why for all his flaws, i respect westbrook so much.

Drugs and medicine definetly makes it alot easier to come back I agree with that. I also loved the old school NBA because of that. The guys where all tough and I loved the beef. I seriously don't have a single favorite player active in the league. All of my current favorite athletes are Boxers, Football players, and MMA fighters. However, I don't see any statistical evidence that players that enter the league young are at a higher chance of injuries then those that come late. In fact just looking at the list of straight out of HS and one and dones it seems they are less likely to get injured and have longer careers.

Advertisement
Good luck to the young man. Would have like to have sees him here another year, but tough to argue with his decision. NBA draft is all about potential, not polish and he has tremendous upside potential.

Exactly. Not sure why posters keep alluding to what he is right now. The NBA drafts on potential and Lonnie has a ton of potential. He can create, shoot, finish with both hands, major athletiscm, and well built. He's also a great kid. I was hoping he would come back but Lonnie made the right decision. I'm sure him tearing his miniscus over the summer and seeing Brown come back to school and get hurt also weighed on the risks of staying for him. Lonnie will be a consistent starter in a few years for multiple years in the league with the potential to be an all star. He needs to learn how to assert himself in a game and also when to shoot and when to attack. He also needs to work on his shot but at his age he's got great form/touch and I'm very confident he will develop to be a good shooter. He'll be the best NBA player we've seen from Miami since the program came back.

Exactly. Not sure why posters keep alluding to what he is right now. The NBA drafts on potential and Lonnie has a ton of potential. He can create, shoot, finish with both hands, major athletiscm, and well built. He's also a great kid. I was hoping he would come back but Lonnie made the right decision. I'm sure him tearing his miniscus over the summer and seeing Brown come back to school and get hurt also weighed on the risks of staying for him. Lonnie will be a consistent starter in a few years for multiple years in the league with the potential to be an all star. He needs to learn how to assert himself in a game and also when to shoot and when to attack. He also needs to work on his shot but at his age he's got great form/touch and I'm very confident he will develop to be a good shooter. He'll be the best NBA player we've seen from Miami since the program came back.

Hopefully he actually reps the U like the football players do. I rarely saw Larkin rep the U and I saw 95% of his games on the nets and the knicks.

Advertisement
Drugs and medicine definetly makes it alot easier to come back I agree with that. I also loved the old school NBA because of that. The guys where all tough and I loved the beef. I seriously don't have a single favorite player active in the league. All of my current favorite athletes are Boxers, Football players, and MMA fighters. However, I don't see any statistical evidence that players that enter the league young are at a higher chance of injuries then those that come late. In fact just looking at the list of straight out of HS and one and dones it seems they are less likely to get injured and have longer careers.

my boy is close with rasheed wallace brother, he said players use to throw hands after games. he said bonzi wells was like the fistfight king haha. he said like every game he was fighting

my boy is close with rasheed wallace brother, he said players use to throw hands after games. he said bonzi wells was like the fistfight king haha. he said like every game he was fighting

hahah I believe it bro. I know for a fact the guys that played in the 90s and early 00s would stomp any of the new guys in a fight. I even remember as a kid playing at the park kids would be shoving each other and getting physical on every play. I was at the park a few weeks ago and the younger dudes where trying to draw fouls and shoot foul shots at the park. I literally said where the **** are yall from you calling fouls and they looked at me like I was crazy. Even just 10 years ago you would have got kicked out of the game if you tried calling a foul.

hahah I believe it bro. I know for a fact the guys that played in the 90s and early 00s would stomp any of the new guys in a fight. I even remember as a kid playing at the park kids would be shoving each other and getting physical on every play. I was at the park a few weeks ago and the younger dudes where trying to draw fouls and shoot foul shots at the park. I literally said where the **** are yall from you calling fouls and they looked at me like I was crazy. Even just 10 years ago you would have got kicked out of the game if you tried calling a foul.
thats why i dont get KD. you blow a 3-1 lead to a team and join them. i would have been so sick all summer and obsessed with beating them. Lebron ****ed me off going to miami but he just needed to get away and clevelands team was trash. he didnt go to the celtics when they had rondo and the big 3. that kd stuff is sucker move.

thats why i dont get KD. you blow a 3-1 lead to a team and join them. i would have been so sick all summer and obsessed with beating them. Lebron ****ed me off going to miami but he just needed to get away and clevelands team was trash. he didnt go to the celtics when they had rondo and the big 3. that kd stuff is sucker move.

I was thinking the exact same thing. That was the biggest b*tch move I ever seen in the sports. KD is soft though and has no heart.

Advertisement
Back