Lonnie entering the draft

scane

Redshirt Freshman
Lonnie posted that he’s entering the draft and hiring an agent

Advertisement
Strictly on potential. This years results in no way correlate into a !st rounder.

Advertisement
I really thought Lonnie would enter the draft but not hire an agent. If this is true then he is gone for good. I fully expect Huell to return and Brown could return... Depending on where teams see him getting drafted. I haven't seen him even in the first round anymore so he'd be smart to return. Let's hope!

I get why Walker IV is going, but our foray into the world of one and done was a bust. Kid is a big project for an NBA team. Time to recalibrate and move forward.

Advertisement
Lonnie is officially gone, but if you think that Huell and Brown are gone as well, then odds are you also think the sky is falling. Odds are either Brown, Huell or both will return, especially after the combines and the like.

If that kid is the 15th best player in the country then both of those kids from Loyola are top ten picks. This is why the NBA has become what it is. Can't knock the kid for getting paid, but it is shortsighted thinking. Maybe students should start leaving college early and declaring for "life' if they get all "B"s their freshman year and had a great ACT score and entrance essay.

Advertisement
hes not ready. these kids today just leave right away instead of staying 2-3 years and developing so they get paid big on a second contract.
aside from lebron and kd, almost all the top players played at least 2 years college.

He wasn't incredible, but he had a pretty **** good year, especially after Brown went down. Showed he can take over games and win them with the game on the line. I would fault coach more than Lonnie for him not averaging 19 a game. Lonnie should have touched the ball every possession. Bruce had an awful year, though, and could raise his stock a lot by coming back and playing better.

Advertisement
He wasn't incredible, but he had a pretty **** good year, especially after Brown went down. Showed he can take over games and win them with the game on the line. I would fault coach more than Lonnie for him not averaging 19 a game. Lonnie should have touched the ball every possession. Bruce had an awful year, though, and could raise his stock a lot by coming back and playing better.
He ain’t coming back

hes not ready. these kids today just leave right away instead of staying 2-3 years and developing so they get paid big on a second contract.
aside from lebron and kd, almost all the top players played at least 2 years college.

Ya....That couldn't be any more incorrect. Just to name a few more Kyrie Irving, Demar Derozan, Joel Embiid, Demarcus Cousins, Anthony Davis, John Wall. Every 2018 all star game starter besides Curry and Harden where 1 and dones(or straight out of HS in Lebrons case). Giannis Antenkempou didn't even go to college.

Ya....That couldn't be any more incorrect. Just to name a few more Kyrie Irving, Demar Derozan, Joel Embiid, Demarcus Cousins, Anthony Davis. Every all star game starter besides Curry and Harden where 1 and dones(or straight out of HS in Lebrons case). Giannis Antenkempou didn't even go to college.
Giannis grew up in europe. different. Klay, Kwahi, westbrook, paul george, draymond, lillard, etc. Kyrie is the son of a pro. There are always exceptions but the majority of guys need development. Lonnie Walker is not as good nor will he be in the league of the kids you named.

Giannis grew up in europe. different. Klay, Kwahi, westbrook, paul george, draymond, lillard, etc. Kyrie is the son of a pro. There are always exceptions but the majority of guys need development. Lonnie Walker is not as good nor will he be in the league of the kids you named.

I agree that Lonnie is nowhere near the talent level as any of those guys, but I was disagreeing that almost all of the top players are 2 and done. Of the top 10 players in the league only 2 spent more than 1 year in college. One and dones have the highest chance of being an all star statistically. I would have preferred Lonnie to come back aswell, but with the money he makes off his contract he could always come back later and just pay for his education.

Advertisement
Back