Long time follower 1st time Post. Is it Max Johnson or bust in '20 for QB?

Not true. Max isnt on us like that & neither are we on him like that... I cant think right now but the kid who we offered in the 8th grade (who is also overrated but everyone has offered)is the kid were all in on. & he apparently loves us too.

Harrison Bailey?

Advertisement
Max Johnson has been throwing Sits type stats.

Last year he threw 10 TD's and 10 INT's at a 52% completion rate . This year so far he is at 3 TD's and 1 INT but is throwing for an abysmal 41%. Has all the physical tools, but hasn't shown anything on the field.
That’s not even close to Sits. Pickowski has a 2:1 INT to TD ratio and was barely a 50% percent passer vs lesser competition than Max. You’re definitely not the sharpest guy so I don’t expect any different from you

That’s not even close to Sits. Pickowski has a 2:1 INT to TD ratio and was barely a 50% percent passer vs lesser competition than Max. You’re definitely not the sharpest guy so I don’t expect any different from you

My stalker has arrived. Max probably has been playing against **** good wake forest type defenses.

You sign the very best QB you can every single year. It's a very difficult position to evaluate, there is a lot of attrition (one player gets all the reps) and the whole team is riding on it.

The issue with him imo isn’t his accuracy but he’s a one read QB. Good athleticism, good arm, and he puts the ball where it needs to be even on his bad balls majority of the time but he locks to one guy and doesn’t move from him. That probably explains his low completion percentage. These high school coaches aren’t doing him justice.

Advertisement
We need to think hard about our QB recruiting process. The lack of a true offensive identity is a problem. That being said, please go cerebral with a relatively quick release and a hyper competitive nature and presto...Miami QB.

Go Canes!
I agree that they need to rethink the process. What the staff and fans overlooked is that we have 3 talented freshmen (2 redshirt, 1 true) that kept rop QBs away. That is the reason MJJ chose PSU over UM. He will see the field much sooner at PSU. It was going to be difficult to get a top quality QB given all the QB talent we have.

Two QBs in 2020 is a must. Minimum 1 top 4-star+ and a 3-star+ with a high ceiling.

The issue with him imo isn’t his accuracy but he’s a one read QB. Good athleticism, good arm, and he puts the ball where it needs to be even on his bad balls majority of the time but he locks to one guy and doesn’t move from him. That probably explains his low completion percentage. These high school coaches aren’t doing him justice.

For a Sophomore highlight tape it’s not bad at all. Kid still has 2 years to develop but all the tools are there, just needs to refine the mental part.

Not true. Max isnt on us like that & neither are we on him like that... I cant think right now but the kid who we offered in the 8th grade (who is also overrated but everyone has offered)is the kid were all in on. & he apparently loves us too.
Just remembered the name. Its Harrison bailey. Kid is hugely overrated from everything I've seen out of him. Does throw a nice ball though.

Could’ve sworn I saw an article about Richt offering his nephew in 8th grade and that was their guy, but I’ll acquiesce to u, my g.

Advertisement
Im still not entirely convinced we dont take a QB this year.
Ivins said they’re going to try and flip a highly ranked guy at some point in today’s update and there’s only one guy that could be. He should’ve just wrote “Miami is going to try to flip Sam Howell after we destroy FSU”.

Going strictly on his highlight tape, maybe his completion % is low because he's attempting so many downfield throws? I mean every throw in the highlight is at least 15 yards down field. You rarely see high school offenses throwing down field that much. Everything is spread out, quick passes.

Advertisement
Could’ve sworn I saw an article about Richt offering his nephew in 8th grade and that was their guy, but I’ll acquiesce to u, my g.
Not sure if he offered max than or not but I know that bailey is top priority. To me that's another iffy eval. Seems like at qb it's either a very generic eval (someone everyone is after) or a horrible eval. I'd love to see us take a shot on a kid or two that needs growth but has all of the proven tools necessary to run the offense we want. In this class that's graham mertz,sam howell or obviously tai. Next class I havent really paid alot of attention to yet. But I've seen max & bailey in person and left very blah... as I've said plenty of times I'd love to see us get back into Pennsylvania for QB evals. Love the mindset of qbs up that way. Good coaching & quality character kids.

Ivins said they’re going to try and flip a highly ranked guy at some point in today’s update and there’s only one guy that could be. He should’ve just wrote “Miami is going to try to flip Sam Howell after we destroy FSU”.
Graham mertz is the guy thus far weve been staying pretty heavy on. Dont know if were on howell like that also or not. If I had one or the other I'd go mertz personally.

Graham mertz is the guy thus far weve been staying pretty heavy on. Dont know if were on howell like that also or not. If I had one or the other I'd go mertz personally.
How we looking on Mertz? Would be nice to steal a commit from Wisconsin.

Problem is why would he decommit from Wisky? He’s all but guaranteed that job next year.

Advertisement
Hornibrook a senior? Or you're projecting him to start as a true frosh?
No, he’s a junior but the guy is Dr. Jeckel Mr. Hyde. He beats Iowa but lays an egg vs BYU and he was like that last season. It just didn’t really cost them a game.

Advertisement
Back