Long time follower 1st time Post. Is it Max Johnson or bust in '20 for QB?

If fsu season continues to tank why not offer Sam Howell, invite him down for the Pitt game, give him something to think about as we crush them. I know he's 100% nole but why not plant the seed of doubt? fsu may win 2 of their remaining games, big if, who wants to sign up for that?

Advertisement
Max Johnson has been throwing Sits type stats.

Last year he threw 10 TD's and 10 INT's at a 52% completion rate . This year so far he is at 3 TD's and 1 INT but is throwing for an abysmal 41%. Has all the physical tools, but hasn't shown anything on the field.

And we’ll put all our eggs in this basket b/c of nepotism and bet if he gets here, he’ll start ASAP. Not a fan of Max at all.

If fsu season continues to tank why not offer Sam Howell, invite him down for the Pitt game, give him something to think about as we crush them. I know he's 100% nole but why not plant the seed of doubt? fsu may win 2 of their remaining games, big if, who wants to sign up for that?

B/c of Max. As soon as I found out we were so gun ho on a pipe dream and was content on not taking a QB in 2019, I already knew why. It’s b/c of Richt’s nephew. If he wasn’t his nephew, the young pup wouldn’t even be offered.

Advertisement
If we put all our eggs in one basket for just one QB again and whiff that’s going be infuriating.

I dont Think max Johnson is good enough to say it’s him or bust at qb in 2020, we need depth this class so take 2

What do you mean?

Staff kept saying they like the 2020 class better (not exactly, but kept saying the QB room in 2020 has many prospects)

There’s only one reason y 2020 looks so good, and that’s the QB Richt has been recruiting since his 8th grade year; his nephew. They are going all out for the family, regardless of how Sitkowski he may be.

This is their QB, and I feel that once the pipe dream of MJJ fizzled (which was after, what, Jon’s last trip several months ago), they already made up their mind, it’s all about Max anyway.

Advertisement
Staff kept saying they like the 2020 class better (not exactly, but kept saying the QB room in 2020 has many prospects)

There’s only one reason y 2020 looks so good, and that’s the QB Richt has been recruiting since his 8th grade year; his nephew. They are going all out for the family, regardless of how Sitkowski he may be.

This is their QB, and I feel that once the pipe dream of MJJ fizzled (which was after, what, Jon’s last trip several months ago), they already made up their mind, it’s all about Max anyway.

Gotcha, I forgot bout his nephew but now makes sense.

I keep saying it but would be trying to flip Scalzo in this class. I don't care that he's only listed at 6ft. Start there then look to 2020.

By my count next year we are going to have 3 QBs on the roster, assuming no one transfers and we don't get a late pick up this year.

Perry
Weldon
Williams

Who am I missing? I can't imagine we would be ok with three scholarship QBs for next year???

What if Weldon transfers in spring? We are good with two scholarship QBs?

This seems crazy to me.
Yep. Need to get someone. To me Scalzo is a good target because he plays top competition, balls out against them, but gets knocked by schools because of his size. For a QB who won't ever be counted on to be the starter, and I mean that as my interpretation of how the staff is looking at their QB spot in this class, you can buy a lottery ticket on his talent and take the chance on his not being "prototypical"

Advertisement
Max Johnson has been throwing Sits type stats.

Last year he threw 10 TD's and 10 INT's at a 52% completion rate . This year so far he is at 3 TD's and 1 INT but is throwing for an abysmal 41%. Has all the physical tools, but hasn't shown anything on the field.

DO NOT WANT

Advertisement
There are no excuses. We should be taking at least one QB every cycle, for competition purposes.

Ok! Per Ivins it’s going to Max Johnson with Greg Spann or Jeff Sims.

Last edited:
B/c of Max. As soon as I found out we were so gun ho on a pipe dream and was content on not taking a QB in 2019, I already knew why. It’s b/c of Richt’s nephew. If he wasn’t his nephew, the young pup wouldn’t even be offered.
Not true. Max isnt on us like that & neither are we on him like that... I cant think right now but the kid who we offered in the 8th grade (who is also overrated but everyone has offered)is the kid were all in on. & he apparently loves us too.
Just remembered the name. Its Harrison bailey. Kid is hugely overrated from everything I've seen out of him. Does throw a nice ball though.

Advertisement
Back