Long term ACC opponents released

Advertisement
Just a guess, but there a lot of UM alums in the Northeast. So, adding BC makes sense. Plus, Boston is a fellow big market. Marketing.

Just a guess, but there a lot of UM alums in the Northeast. So, adding BC makes sense. Plus, Boston is a fellow big market. Marketing.
Yes, and Canes home game will draw 35K. Bad move period from the ACC. Easy pick should've been VT over UL or BC.

BTW, Cans/VT have played 39 times. BC 30 times and UL 13 times.

Yup I mean if you wanna live in box since the 80s I guess you could still bring up the Hail Flutie play but that never started some rivalry or anything
That and the fact they played every year in the Big East.

BC is a bigger rival for Miami than Louisville for sure. Also bigger than UNC or any of the other non FSU ACC teams. Factor in how Miami is always desperate for games in the northeast because of the alumni base.

I would have liked to play FSU, VT and BC every year. Let Tobacco Road play basketball against each other while the rest of the world goes on not caring about their football programs

Advertisement
I can somewhat understand BC, but I still don't understand including Louisville and excluding VaTech.

1656508517608.png

Advertisement
Disappointed no VT but glad we play BC yearly considering Blake James is in control of that outfit now šŸ¤­

I always hated playing BC on an annual basis (Big East) because it forced me to watch a certain football highlight over and over and over again each year...

I can somewhat understand BC, but I still don't understand including Louisville and excluding VaTech.
I am happy about it...I hate playing Va Tech...always have....hate they they threatened a lowsuit against us for leaving the Big East and forced their way into the ACC

Advertisement
Disparity in scheduling on a year to year basis. Some teams will have an easy/difficult road to the top 2 compared to the rest of the conference. Divisions had flaws but it was somewhat equal since 6/8 games were the same.

Tiebreakers- In 2023 for example letā€™s say Clemson runs the table and us and WF are both 7-1. We didnā€™t play them so who gets in? Based on common opponents? I donā€™t like the potential of not having H2H tiebreakers especially combined with disparity in schedules. You could have crazy 3 way ties within divisions but at least you had a chance to beat the teams before it goes to asinine tiebreakers.

I do like that itā€™s pretty much guaranteed to have a quality matchup in the title game. Only positive for me. The idea of playing Syracuse instead of GT or Wake instead of UNC doesnā€™t move the needle much for me at this point.
This is my biggest issue with it. The new schedule drastically increases the odds that we get left out without having the chance to control our own destiny and increases the likelihood that some middle of the road team hits an easy schedule along with some lucky bounces and has a "hot" season. When you had divisions, even if you got a harder schedule one year than another team, you still had your destiny in your own hands and everybody played a very similar schedule.

Our chances of going to the ACCCG 8 out of 10 years are lower under this scenario than they were with divisions. The opponents are also boring AND nontraditional at the same time, but what really matters is what this does to our odds of winning championships.

someone may have already posted this cause I am not going thru 8 pages but our next 3 years of gamesare going to be lit

2023 - Clemson (H) and Texas A&M (H)
2024 - Clemson (A), Florida (A), Notre Dame (A)
2025 - Florida (H), Notre Dame (H)

Advertisement
I wish we could pull a Notre Dame. Just schedule the cream puffs of the ACC, blow by them, then get embarrassed in the playoff every year

Advertisement
Back