Lol check this crooting update out

It's not Mandy anywhere near as much as it is the administration. If we continue to look for short cuts won't be much change to it. Mandy is similar to afraid in his loyalty to his boys. Where we're lucky is his system and his boys are NOWHERE near as much of a liability as alfrauds were. People will hate me even more but I still say if alfraud could've simply been forced to get rid of his butt buddy and adapted his personality to be a lil more personable he would've done good here. All coaches that aren't adminstrative in nature need to surround themselves with strong staff. Absolutely no issue if we had a strong staff. The issue is when you stay away from one side of the ball and surround yourself with yes men on the other side. From all staffs I've been around I think strong personalities are critical. You need people that know what they're talking about who will check you at any given moment. That's not to say as a head coach you do what's advised. But atleast you listen when your staff has an opinion. That's hasn't happened on this staff or the last few honestly. Not to harp on the usual but most successful staffs(like Butch,Jimmy,Dennis,Howard etc)have strong personalities. To be clear I don't HATE any of our coaches. As a person I'm not wild about alfraud or Mandy. But taking my own dealings with each out of the equation Mandy atleast is relatively likeable. I'm just someone who believes the program means something.

Stop with the name calling and insults troll. Where did your JAG nephew end up? LMAO at Illinois, a school for rejects. The only thing you are known for is posting dumb ****.

Advertisement
Your 4* comparison is in a "vacuum" or perfect world and assuming your evaluators know what they are doing and avoid overrated players. What matters is results

Lol "more urgency"...Where you dudes come up with this ****? My god is that corny and cliche
With his lapse of judgement on multiple plays( vs unc and uva most notably) I dont Think he played that attentive at times and looked like he wasn’t in it at times. Hopefully he plays more focused.

What you post is what i been posting for about 3 years now. Part of the reason folks think i just sh*t on Rumph...my opinion always been that on D they are wasting coaches. I have no clue why we have a striker coach...who coaches like 3 players a year...like legitimately could have a high type GA doing that work.
You should know bruh that comes down to having an inexperienced head coach who doesn't understand the value in his staff as whole. It's no different from putting an emphasis on transfers every year rather than developing the young talent we have(especially at end). For anyone that's actually been to our practices during the season you realize IMMEDIATELY why we can't rely on back ups. It's because we don't bother to test out back ups. We don't bother to get them caught up so they can step in. Each group practices almost entirely on their own outside of basic 11 on 11. I always rag on Gil cause he's always off in his own world watching the offense practice while the striker group does some basic drill in their group of 3.

On some real tho the bright side to this is that the U brand still has some meaning with a high ceiling based off location and conference. No matter how much we all criticize Manny he wants this U to succeed as much as anyone, him and his staff is still likeable enough and competent to find talent to come about a top ten class after a horrific 6-7 season. As much as we all can't stand some of the things that goes down you can't tell me that if we maximize our talent and get to 10, 11 plus wins we won't pull even more premier talent year after year to eventually be able to match up with the playoff teams. It's levels to this I know

Advertisement
I laughed at that too. Clemson started a walk on corner at one point and put him in the league. Guess it had to do with urgency and not coaching.
Everyone Always concentrate on everyone’s successes and our failures. And not the other way around. Everyone talking about Clemson’s dline like they were all some developmental dudes or walk ons. Ferrel, Lawrence and Wilkins were all like top 5 in they’re position and then they had Tyler Davis as a freshman back up. But then complain about our line not being all Americans. Now if we recruited like that and sucked I get it. But we’re not recruiting at that level at any position except running back.

Everyone Always concentrate on everyone’s successes and our failures. And not the other way around. Everyone talking about Clemson’s dline like they were all some developmental dudes or walk ons. Ferrel, Lawrence and Wilkins were all like top 5 in they’re position and then they had Tyler Davis as a freshman back up. But then complain about our line not being all Americans. Now if we recruited like that and sucked I get it. But we’re not recruiting at that level at any position except running back.
The problem isn't the level we recruit at. It's the level we develop talent at...

Advertisement
The problem isn't the level we recruit at. It's the level we develop talent at...

Love your posts and hope nephew does well at Illinois. He has the talent.

Respectfully it’s both. I do think Lashlee”s regime will be different. Hopefully that rubs off on the defense as they’ll need to adjust to keep up.

This back and forth over Banda or Rumph is missing the greater picture which is that Diaz has a mediocre yes man at DC who is ineffective at recruiting, staff optimization and layer development. This is Diaz” fault because he doesn’t want to let go of the reins.

Respectfully it’s both. I do think Lashlee”s regime will be different. Hopefully that rubs off on the defense as they’ll need to adjust to keep up.

This back and forth over Banda or Rumph is missing the greater picture which is that Diaz has a mediocre yes man at DC who is ineffective at recruiting, staff optimization and layer development. This is Diaz” fault because he doesn’t want to let go of the reins.
It's not that he doesn't want to let go of the reins. From what I've seen other than in the recruiting segment he's never actually grabbed ahold of them. All the rest I agree 100%

- they would take either Milroe or Davis but we’re ****ed.

- They offered Bubba Chandler and he’s leaning Clemson so we’re ****ed

- the 2 RB idea for the class is alive and well

- Rumor that Jayden Hood was going to commit to Michigan but mom held it off. Lol

- They like Troutman (of course they do, they’re allergic to hard work) and he would emerge at Mike Back

- no one knows where they stand with Jaden Alexis

- We might get an OV from Nyland Green ( hahahahaha yea ok) and they’re talking to Knowles and Gonzales as well (bout time). Still evaluating McGhee (take your time, it’s not like UGA just offered or anything).

- Three names to know on the Dline are Albert Regis, Naquan Brown, and Kareem Grant.

- NRK is an OU vs. UM battle. This is what happens when you wait around...

- Still talking with Jarrid Williams.

I need some whiskey....it’s 5 o’clock somewhere.
You're a dumbass get lost!

- they would take either Milroe or Davis but we’re ****ed.

- They offered Bubba Chandler and he’s leaning Clemson so we’re ****ed

- the 2 RB idea for the class is alive and well

- Rumor that Jayden Hood was going to commit to Michigan but mom held it off. Lol

- They like Troutman (of course they do, they’re allergic to hard work) and he would emerge at Mike Back

- no one knows where they stand with Jaden Alexis

- We might get an OV from Nyland Green ( hahahahaha yea ok) and they’re talking to Knowles and Gonzales as well (bout time). Still evaluating McGhee (take your time, it’s not like UGA just offered or anything).

- Three names to know on the Dline are Albert Regis, Naquan Brown, and Kareem Grant.

- NRK is an OU vs. UM battle. This is what happens when you wait around...

- Still talking with Jarrid Williams.

I need some whiskey....it’s 5 o’clock somewhere.

If albert is related to micanor a.k.a. the nut cracker, sign em up!

Advertisement
Are you saying that elite recruits like ps2 wouldn’t be a 1st round pick if they came here? Minkah? Okuda? Fournette? Bosa?
If your saying that we should have been winning the coastal since we joined it because of the talent I agree.
But if your saying that a bunch of the 3 stars that we recruited should’ve been day one pics then you’re the former player and would know more about that then me but I don’t see it. Could some of our pics in recent years gone higher? Maybe.
If Gerald Willis wasn’t a psycho he’d be gone by the 3rd but he was a **** 5 star elite DT. We didn’t rub any special dtackle palm oil on him.
Are you sayin more dudes should have been drafted? Idk.
Do you think that the players that left early could’ve gone higher? I think Maybe.
Bama wins chips and goes to the playoffs but they still leave a Bunch of dudes out of the first day or even out of the draft. Isn’t that what they always throw in our face “well how many first rounders did UM develop”.
Is development taking a 3 star and making him a day one pick? If it is then a bunch of schools
fail at that. And every once in a while you hit the jackpot (Njoku for example)
Don’t you agree that if you recruit at the level osu Clemson and bama do then your likely gonna have a few first rounders every year?
I’m asking a legit question to you as a dude that played here and I respect. Don’t take all these questions as me being sarcastic. I’ve posted about this several times and maybe I have been looking at what you guys mean by “development” all wrong.

Are you saying that elite recruits like ps2 wouldn’t be a 1st round pick if they came here? Minkah? Okuda? Fournette? Bosa?

Cant say with certainty they would’ve been 1st rounders if you check at all our last 5*!

Jaelen Phillips was ranked higher than Chase Young, but he didn’t developed at UCLA and 3 years later, he’ll need great seasons just to get drafted while Young is seen as a generational talent.

Advertisement
If your saying that we should have been winning the coastal since we joined it because of the talent I agree.
But if your saying that a bunch of the 3 stars that we recruited should’ve been day one pics then you’re the former player and would know more about that then me but I don’t see it. Could some of our pics in recent years gone higher? Maybe.
If Gerald Willis wasn’t a psycho he’d be gone by the 3rd but he was a **** 5 star elite DT. We didn’t rub any special dtackle palm oil on him.
Are you sayin more dudes should have been drafted? Idk.
Do you think that the players that left early could’ve gone higher? I think Maybe.
Bama wins chips and goes to the playoffs but they still leave a Bunch of dudes out of the first day or even out of the draft. Isn’t that what they always throw in our face “well how many first rounders did UM develop”.
Is development taking a 3 star and making him a day one pick? If it is then a bunch of schools
fail at that. And every once in a while you hit the jackpot (Njoku for example)
Don’t you agree that if you recruit at the level osu Clemson and bama do then your likely gonna have a few first rounders every year?
I’m asking a legit question to you as a dude that played here and I respect. Don’t take all these questions as me being sarcastic. I’ve posted about this several times and maybe I have been looking at what you guys mean by “development” all wrong.
#1 the university of Miami has NEVER RECRUITED at that level... This is where people lead fans astray when they don't know our history & simply speak about the results(college and NFL). I'm not saying that's what you're doing. So I'll clarify. When I speak about results it's not a matter of where they're drafted necessarily. It's about getting a player in a position while they're here to optimize their talents... So while no we don't recruit at the levels of those schools you mentioned, we also don't recruit at the level our record would have you believe. There's a reason the NFL still believes in our kids so heavy. It's because they see the potential and know they've been mishandled... They're not early picks cause as a gm why waste a first or second round pick on a dude simply because you see what he can become when you can get him late because his tape doesn't support what you see. Dudes are drafted from third round on mainly because of that. It's worth that shot. That's where development goes wrong for us. Because our coaches and our system don't necessarily put kids in place to succeed. We don't perfect any technique anymore & honestly we don't embrace competition. Our coaches from our past before you got near Greentree you were gonna know that playbook 100,you were gonna perfect the techniques you were taught and you were gonna understand completely your role in our system... been a long time since that's occurred. Far as your earlier points of the kids most see as studs,no. Most of them wouldn't be in position to be top ten top 15 picks for all sorts of reasons beyond how badly we handle physical development. I don't think most people understand how thoroughly the NFL vets us before they decide where we should be picked. Your approach to the game,the way you read the opposition,your background,your grades,family history,mental history etc. We could go on for awhile. We haven't even been targeting kids that see themselves as leaders here first and foremost in God knows how long. If y'all really believe it's all on the kids than you're simply giving **** coaches a pass. Why hate on alfraud,onion,richt etc? We've had plenty of kids we've signed here and not only do they not develope but plenty just regress. That's coaching. It's in the little things when you see a kids mechanics break down yet they're still on the field while it happens again and again... Part of coaching is obviously criticism. Critique something,correct it and build from that point. Not just watch while it occurs over and over. Chief is very fortunate to have had a qb who looked to his tight end #1 and #2 he is a FREAK OF NATURE... that's why Dave got drafted so early. @caneinorlando imagine coley being coached by wes. How bout Duke by Sarge. How bout Deon & th coaches by Chuck... It's almost criminal what our staffs have become since late Coker years.

Last edited:

But the reason unfortunately that lashlee regime should be different is because the system embraces the changes necessary to succeed with the types of kids we recruit. Boise State could succeed with the same goes of kids in this conference. We need to change up our recruiting strategy as a whole. We need to insist on leaders,on football players first and foremost. Not just athletes and intangibles... Cause we don't have the coaches to succeed with that strategy. It's one hand spiting the other.

#1 the university of Miami has NEVER RECRUITED at that level... This is where people lead fans astray when they don't know our history & simply speak about the results(college and NFL). I'm not saying that's what you're doing. So I'll clarify. When I speak about results it's not a matter of where they're drafted necessarily. It's about getting a player in a position while they're here to optimize their talents... So while no we don't recruit at the levels of those schools you mentioned, we also don't recruit at the level our record would have you believe. There's a reason the NFL still believes in our kids so heavy. It's because they see the potential and know they've been mishandled... They're not early picks cause as a gm why waste a first or second round pick on a dude simply because you see what he can become when you can get him late because his tape doesn't support what you see. Dudes are drafted from third round on mainly because of that. It's worth that shot. That's where development goes wrong for us. Because our coaches and our system don't necessarily put kids in place to succeed. We don't perfect any technique anymore & honestly we don't embrace competition. Our coaches from our past before you got near Greentree you were gonna know that playbook 100,you were gonna perfect the techniques you were taught and you were gonna understand completely your role in our system... been a long time since that's occurred. Far as your earlier points of the kids most see as studs,no. Most of them wouldn't be in position to be top ten top 15 picks for all sorts of reasons beyond how badly we handle physical development. I don't think most people understand how thoroughly the NFL vets us before they decide where we should be picked. Your approach to the game,the way you read the opposition,your background,your grades,family history,mental history etc. We could go on for awhile. We haven't even been targeting kids that see themselves as leaders here first and foremost in God knows how long. If y'all really believe it's all on the kids than you're simply giving **** coaches a pass. Why hate on alfraud,onion,richt etc? We've had plenty of kids we've signed here and not only do they not develope but plenty just regress. That's coaching. It's in the little things when you see a kids mechanics break down yet they're still on the field while it happens again and again... Part of coaching is obviously criticism. Critique something,correct it and build from that point. Not just watch while it occurs over and over. Chief is very fortunate to have had a qb who looked to his tight end #1 and #2 he is a FREAK OF NATURE... that's why Dave got drafted so early. @caneinorlando imagine coley being coached by wes. How bout Duke by Sarge. How bout Deon & th coaches by Chuck... It's almost criminal what our staffs have become since late Coker years.
As you already know....I often think about how much our Coaching has regressed since Butch's regime....And before the "Butch was a terrible game day Coach BS" starts"..there's a whole lot more to being a Great HC besides Gameday, as we've all witnessed for 19yrs....
Great HCs are WELL aware of they're weaknesses...

Advertisement
Back