LOL AT PEOPLE WHO THINK CRISTOBAL is the Latin Al Golden...

KevinCosio

Sophomore
I'm guessing u must not following coaching... His staff members are either HC's or about to be HC's... It doesn't matter that he's at BAMA he's the best recruiter in the country... He less the main recruiter in landing the top prospect in 4 different states.. He consistently evolves and doesn't get complacent... He's not stubborn, will hire a great staff to support him and players loves him... He's gunna be with nick Saban for his 3rd year now. He's the GOAT of college coaching.. Lol, Al golden can't make coaching changes becuz he doesn't know anyone... He climbed up the ladder so fast he never built connections or just refused to.... Cristobal has coaching connections all over the country.. He got us coley not AL the few months he was here... Now my first choice would be butch but to me with cristobal, a great staff we could be extremely competitive.. We would not be mediocre... We would have consistently top 10 recruiting classes for all you star whores... Please Al golden is a stubborn, egotistical, clueless, old school coach... He's not an expert at anything but manipulation and excuses... So stop with the BS... You can have your own opinions of Cristobal but Al golden can't sniff his jock strap when it comes to the Total
coaching package...

Advertisement
One period is all you need to end a sentence...just put one...then start the new sentence...it's really easy...once you get the hang of it...

Is there someone out there saying they prefer Al to Mario? I am not a Mario fan but I will help pack Al to make room for Mario

Mario has about as many accomplishments as Al. I'm pretty sure you could put Golden on Bama's staff under Saban and he would win recruiter of the year. Pass.

Edit: lest anyone think this is a pro Golden post, it isn't. I just want us to aim higher than Mario freaking Cristobal when Golden gets fired.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Mario has about as many accomplishments as Al. I'm pretty sure you could put Golden on Bama's staff under Saban and he would win recruiter of the year. Pass.

Edit: lest anyone think this is a pro Golden post, it isn't. I just want us to aim higher than Mario freaking Cristobal when Golden gets fired.

True statement.

Mario can recruit a little bit, but he can't coach for sh*t. Have you seen Alabama's Oline since Stoutland left for the Eagles? They are not nearly as good as before.

In addition, it doesn't hurt your ability to recruit when you have all the resources and funds at Alabama.

He would be a terrible hire here.

Mario has about as many accomplishments as Al. I'm pretty sure you could put Golden on Bama's staff under Saban and he would win recruiter of the year. Pass. Edit: lest anyone think this is a pro Golden post, it isn't. I just want us to aim higher than Mario freaking Cristobal when Golden gets fired.
This. Also have heard he was a huge micro manager and just as stubborn at FIU.

Don't give me that recruiting genius bull. Same thing we heard about Coley. Kids go to Bama to play for Saban.....period. Dorito and Jethro would be recruiting geniuses there. No matter who is recruiting, all kids see is, 6-7.....El Foldo. Cristobal is no better than Coley. End of

Advertisement
Unfortunately, I think the reality is: (1) Butch will not be seriously considered (primarily because of his age); and (2) the new Administration will not be willing to break the bank for a new staff. No question an accomplished head coach is far and away what we need here. But given the financial constraints and other disincentives to come here (****** fan base, ****** stadium, academic requirements, ****** facilities, etc), I think, as before, we will be hard pressed to attract a candidate with a significant and successful head coaching pedigree. I hope I'm wrong. But if I'm not, a guy like Cristobull is probably the best we can hope for. And that is not exactly an encouraging prospect.

Cristobal is a good coach no doubt. He had FIU rolling

But aim a bit higher

Mario can recruit a little bit, but he can't coach for sh*t. Have you seen Alabama's Oline since Stoutland left for the Eagles? They are not nearly as good as before.

In addition, it doesn't hurt your ability to recruit when you have all the resources and funds at Alabama.

Oh listen I like cristobal he's about one HC job away from me seriously considering him... Is he better than Golden yes... Becuz he's got a good track record

Advertisement

Oh listen I like cristobal he's about one HC job away from me seriously considering him... Is he better than Golden yes... Becuz he's got a good track record

Seriously... who's not better than Grohlden?

I'm guessing u must not following coaching... His staff members are either HC's or about to be HC's... It doesn't matter that he's at BAMA he's the best recruiter in the country... He less the main recruiter in landing the top prospect in 4 different states.. He consistently evolves and doesn't get complacent... He's not stubborn, will hire a great staff to support him and players loves him... He's gunna be with nick Saban for his 3rd year now. He's the GOAT of college coaching.. Lol, Al golden can't make coaching changes becuz he doesn't know anyone... He climbed up the ladder so fast he never built connections or just refused to.... Cristobal has coaching connections all over the country.. He got us coley not AL the few months he was here... Now my first choice would be butch but to me with cristobal, a great staff we could be extremely competitive.. We would not be mediocre... We would have consistently top 10 recruiting classes for all you star whores... Please Al golden is a stubborn, egotistical, clueless, old school coach... He's not an expert at anything but manipulation and excuses... So stop with the BS... You can have your own opinions of Cristobal but Al golden can't sniff his jock strap when it comes to the Total
coaching package...

I am a very big advocate of bringing Butch Davis back to UM...but that alone doesn't automatically make us elite again. The school is going to have to cough up competitive money for Butch to be able to bring on quality assistants and coordinators. If you guys think that just bringing in a big name head coach is going to be answer to all of our prayers you are wrong. The school needs to make a real investment into the entire program for us to compete again. If they do that this thing will really start rolling again.

Hopefully the new president will understand how much of a cash cow a big time football program can be for a school because clearly the current administration does not.

Hire Ed Orgeron. I want Butch badly but I don't see the admin hiring him .there still ****ed about how he left. Cristobal I think we could aim higher. He got fired from FIU cmon. Coach O won at USC filling in for Kiffin.

Advertisement
I would bet my paycheck Cristobal would produce more wins than Golden over the same period of time if given the opportunity.

The OP is either a moron....or a second cousin of Luigi....but clearly grammatically deficient.....nonetheless.

Seriously, if you're willing to not only settle for Luigi but actually be a proponent of his hiring then go support another team. You're almost as big a problem as the people at UM that will (and they will) give him serious consideration.

I would bet my paycheck Cristobal would produce more wins than Golden over the same period of time if given the opportunity.

Boy, that is setting the bar pretty low in my opinion. Do we really want to look for a guy that would be capable of getting 7 wins with a team that could possibly have five players drafted in the first two rounds? I would venture to guess that 75% of head coaches in America could have come up with more wins than what Golden has.

Advertisement
Back