LOL App St

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have a very good RB and a speedy slot. Shut those guys down and you win handily. I see a 31-17 game in our favor. I think those guys have enough skill to score on our young D but I think our O and overall physicality will be too much.

Advertisement
When Miami becomes a quality club again, they'll schedule us against more SEC teams for the out-of-conference games. Right now, nationally we're still thought of as Golden's trash.

Dropping at least 40 on Appy Happy in their house while holding them to 3 points might serve some notice, especially to the Feinbaum's of the world.

Dont we start the season in Jerry World against LSU next year?

Miami fans back to being Miami fans. App St might not have the **** name but they are a very good football team that is going to cause us plenty of problems. The U on the helmet doesn't just win us games and it's the biggest game they've had on campus in their school history. Expecting an all out battle

Advertisement
Miami fans back to being Miami fans. App St might not have the **** name but they are a very good football team that is going to cause us plenty of problems. The U on the helmet doesn't just win us games and it's the biggest game they've had on campus in their school history. Expecting an all out battle

tumblr_n9ij0ekQmc1setsv8o1_400.gif

no just miami fans seeing a one dimensional team. their qb cant throw. their kicker cant kick. their defense plays like a donofrio defense. you cant say they were playing alabama.... they were playing a overhyped tn team that has an equally bad qb. butch jones is randy and goldens love child. our fans are looking at the game and seeing glaring weakness from an app st team that is putting all their eggs in a basket against us at home.

Unlike UT, Miami has a quarterback who can complete a forward pass. The only way Appalachian State stays in the game is if Miami commits a ton of turnovers. Now, there's been plenty of things to complain about over the last few years but the offense turning the ball over isn't one of them. Joe Yearby and Malik Rosier had 4 of Miami's 9 interceptions last year. It's not going to be 60-0 or anything crazy but 35-14 is very reasonable.

Oh and Tennessee will still be ranked in the top 15. Maybe even top ten next week. SEC teams don't drop in the polls unless they lose. Even then, they rarely drop more than a few spots.

I'm no football expert and don't pretend to be but I am a die hard Canes fan that played a little ball in high school so not totally dumb either. I really hope that we bring a level of intensity that us fans haven't seen in years. Like it or not App St is going to be our "toughest" game with Mark at the helm when we roll into town. This would be a good time for Coach to show off his new toys (our speed) and to step on the gas and let everyone know that he's not to old or to "nice" to dial up a big score. Bottom line, we, like Tennessee (at least everyone thought before last night) are far superior to this team and honestly shouldn't be travelling to their place. I hope Coach puts the college football world on notice that we're done being the butt of all the jokes and you better buckle up cause we're on a mission.

Advertisement

Did you watch the game? UT was terrible, and that is why App State ever had a lead, or any points. UT is terrible, and App State is just a little more terrible. I give them credit for hanging in there, but they blew a game that was gift wrapped in every way possible. A good team doesn't do that.

eh tennesee played a terrible game with no real offensive scheme. also, hobbs might be the worst qb I've seen for a top 25 school outside of Luke Del Rio.

App St came to play TN...

The Vols did not come to play, and still didnt wake up the entire game...and this is a team to challenge for an SEC East title??

The Canes squad better come with a win every snap mindset or they are going to get snapped.

Delusional or not, every App St player (minus their awful kicker) right now is not thinking, "we can beat Miami"...they are thinking, "we know we are going to beat Miami"...lots can happen over next 3 weeks...

If I were App St kicker...I would just transfer...poor kid...awful performance cost his team a likely W

Advertisement
TN qb was horrible. App st defense was playing as if Ohnofrio was coaching them and the qb still could hit the passes. I have a feeling Richt will have that game dialed in and ready to go. TN victim of SEC hype train. If they are going to with their division and compete for sec title that scary... and we all saw how horrible SC is. Vandy **** near beat them. i hear chants of SEC SEC SEC and i kinda chuckle.

Alabama is vacuuming up all the talent. I suppose LSU and Ole Miss as well.

Wonder what happened to Georgia? They had a good coach...

You may have missed the last three Tenn classes.

Did you see the vacant look on Butch Jones' face?

Post game...looked like a man...trying to keep a brave face...but in the back of his head was thinking, "this isnt going to end well for me..."

Advertisement
It'll be a trendy pick for App St. to upset us the week of the game. I think that'll **** the team off, and they'll get hyped up for that game and take care of business.

What worries me is FSU is 2 weeks later, and waiting in between App St. and FSU is @GT. That has the feel of a possible let down/trap game now. And we usually struggle @GT.

I'm no football expert and don't pretend to be but I am a die hard Canes fan that played a little ball in high school so not totally dumb either. I really hope that we bring a level of intensity that us fans haven't seen in years. Like it or not App St is going to be our "toughest" game with Mark at the helm when we roll into town. This would be a good time for Coach to show off his new toys (our speed) and to step on the gas and let everyone know that he's not to old or to "nice" to dial up a big score. Bottom line, we, like Tennessee (at least everyone thought before last night) are far superior to this team and honestly shouldn't be travelling to their place. I hope Coach puts the college football world on notice that we're done being the butt of all the jokes and you better buckle up cause we're on a mission.

Nice read, well put! I agree!!

App State played well but it was near impossible for them to score, on top of that Tennessee should have blown them out if Butch Jones actually knew what he was doing, App State defense stood stout but there were times they would have been shredded by an air raid offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back