Logan Sagapolu Oregon OG Transfers to Miami

So we think we're getting an actual player here and not just a workout warrior? A genuine question
I think potential to be an actual player. Like any mid-tier OL HS recruit is how I am treating him.

Whats to like? Strength, Mario and Mirabel likely have all information necessary since they coached him the last 2 years and know him better than anyone else, maturity (he would come in with 4 years of eligibility but age wise is essentially going into his senior year of college), the fact he works-out barefoot.

Whats not to like? He has not played a down of meaningful football in 3 years; had an injury most of 2021, limited clips I watched does not have the best athleticism. He is light on his feet but kind of lumbering when he moves if it makes sense. Depending on OC as a pulling G this would concern me, if he is a center not as much. Dude will likely just sit and be a firehydrant, no more clips of him like gaynor getting blasted 3 yards into the backfield a second after he snaps the ball.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Logan Sagapolu would be Mario's 1st polynesian to sign with Miami under the Cristobal era.

Many have said once Miami gets one Poly player then the flood gates will open with a rush of Polynesian players, well it's raining in Florida today. Let's see if he enrolls today at Miami.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Logan Sagapolu would be Mario's 1st polynesian to sign with Miami under the Cristobal era.

Many have said once Miami gets one Poly player then the flood gates will open with a rush of Polynesian players, well it's raining in Florida today. Let's see if he enrolls today at Miami.

Go Canes
Polynesian doesn't really do it for me. When Cristobal starts landing Peloponnesians I will be impressed.

Advertisement
I like Clark but I see this kid taking his spot lol
I agree but we need help maybe Clark stays at C and this guy at G seeing that was his spot at Oregon in Spring. Unsure if they had a top guy at C and needed G help or if he is looking more like a G but looking at our OL

Big Baby-Prob needs another year
Scaife- Better at T than G
Reed- Not holding out hope
Clark-Likely starting C or G
Walker- Hope he is getting right but a T and likely do not expect much this year
Donaldson-gone
Nelson- LT
Williams-gone
Rivers- likely G
Gaynor- Gone
Traore- G if he contributes
Justice- did he age out?
Washington - T but needs work
Hillery - Gone
Rodriguez- Likely needs another year
McLuaghlin-T but needs time still
Campbell- G in a T body, coming off injury, unsure how he will respond

So starting 5 could look like Nelson-Sagapolu-Clark-Rivers-Scaife/Campbell I assume we still snag some other OL out of the portal but I am struggling on coming up with a diff top 5, maybe Nelson-Campbell-Sagapolu-Rivers-Scaife?

LT-Nelson sure thing
LG- Rivers best on team until injury
C-Sagapolu- A beast that cannot be moved
RG-Clark solid pulling guard
RT-Campbell or Scaife or Justice or
Washington lots of choices or portal
All in all a solid OL

I agree but we need help maybe Clark stays at C and this guy at G seeing that was his spot at Oregon in Spring. Unsure if they had a top guy at C and needed G help or if he is looking more like a G but looking at our OL

Big Baby-Prob needs another year
Scaife- Better at T than G
Reed- Not holding out hope
Clark-Likely starting C or G
Walker- Hope he is getting right but a T and likely do not expect much this year
Donaldson-gone
Nelson- LT
Williams-gone
Rivers- likely G
Gaynor- Gone
Traore- G if he contributes
Justice- did he age out?
Washington - T but needs work
Hillery - Gone
Rodriguez- Likely needs another year
McLuaghlin-T but needs time still
Campbell- G in a T body, coming off injury, unsure how he will respond

So starting 5 could look like Nelson-Sagapolu-Clark-Rivers-Scaife/Campbell I assume we still snag some other OL out of the portal but I am struggling on coming up with a diff top 5, maybe Nelson-Campbell-Sagapolu-Rivers-Scaife?
Oluwaseun and Hillery are still here, and both can come back for 2022.

Advertisement
Back