Lockley commits

It's a good point about the desire and work ethic of the kids Golden has plucked with African backgrounds. Interesting how kids from the inner city 30 years ago were the ones with hunger and desire for a better life and that's how our teams were built back then...but I think we all know that many SoFla kids aren't growing up in quite as desperate situations, even if the violence in their neighborhoods hasn't changed.

It's hard not to feel entitled - they are worshipped on recruiting sites, have youtube videos made of their exploits and are glorified on their campuses. Then add powerful college programs showing them love all the while, and you have a recipe for entitlement.

Other than finding kids that "bleed orange & green", you gotta find kids that can match athletic ability/potential with an overwhelming desire to be successful. You miss on that last point, and that's how you end up with 4/5 star busts as well as kids who underperform.

Hope Lockley pushes hard in prep (if he has to go) and comes back and balls out for Miami.

Advertisement
In effect, Al has obtained a de facto 'grey shirt' who can go to prep for a season [and get some more experience and muscle], and come in for spring practice w/o losing a year of eligibility. I'd like to see him gain muscle and experience as a LB. It looks like he has the size and athletism, and we will probably not need a TE. But Al can decide better than me.
Nice thing, also, we will probably count him against 2014 cycle if we get all we need this year, but that is an option we don't have to decide as of yet.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Welcome to The U! Excited about his kid's athleticsm,long arms,good basketball player in the state (30ppg),rangy,ran a 4.67 coming off a 2011 injury as noted on espn.Could be an excellent tight end or outside linebacker.

Advertisement
Back