Live Thread Updates: Manny Diaz Camp Week 1 - Friday

Yeah that's unfortunate but typical on our board. A lot people are just waiting on Kevin Patrick, but it ain't happening.

He's honestly not that old either, he's 55 which is prime Coaching age & has the most experience of any coach on the Defensive staff.

Stroud had a blood disorder in 2014 & almost died, but he fought back & whipped it's ***, had a stem cell replacement & has been as good as new since. He still lifts everyday & is an absolute workout Warrior.
Appreciate the info. I am really feeling good about him , Barry and Enos.

Advertisement
People forget he's spent the majority of his career as a Strength Coach.

I'm one of the only people on this board that have been trying to tell yall Stroud is not some sickly old man, he's a smart high energy guy that will be here for awhile, he's not just a 1 year stop gap.

His worth to Manny is on the administrative side, as for being a coach his time has past him bye. His dline 2 year wonder hit at NC State was an anomaly, other than that his dline have been pure poopoo. An as a DC at Akron they were terrible. Stroud is a chief of staff hire, not the future at dline for Miami.

He was unemployed for a reason when. Manny threw him a bone.

An yes Coach Stroud looks amazing, but with his medical condition he could gone as a coach at any moment because he is on borrowed time an you know top dline recruits are being told this both by other schools and the recruits HS coaches.

Manny needs to write the check for Kevin Patrick to payoff NC State or find a younger KP.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
His worth to Manny is on the administrative side, as for being a coach his time has past him bye. His dline 2 year wonder hit at NC State was an anomaly, other than that his dline have been pure poopoo. An as a DC at Akron they were terrible. Stroud is a chief of staff hire, not the future at dline for Miami.

An yes Coach Stroud looks amazing, but with his medical condition he could gone as a coach at any moment because he is on borrowed time an if you know top dline recruits are being told this both by other schools and the recruits HS coaches.

Go Canes
With all due respect bon zanmi, that is a dumb take.

He was not unemployed when he was hired he was still at Akron & his medical condition hasn't affected his recruiting one bit. Whatever DL coach you dream of coming here ain't happening bro, get comfortable with Stroud because he's gonna be here for the next few years.

Our 2021 Defensive line class at DT & DE will be the best it's been in the last 4 years & Stroud will play a big part in that.

An yes Coach Stroud looks amazing, but with his medical condition he could gone as a coach at any moment because he is on borrowed time an if you know top dline recruits are being told this both by other schools and the recruits HS coaches.

Manny need either write the check for Kevin Patrick to payoff NC State or find a younger KP.

Go Canes

:monkey-serious:

Manny need either write the check for Kevin Patrick to payoff NC State or find a younger KP.

Go Canes
Kevin patrick aint coming no time soon. The dude doesnt want to keep moving his daughters around.

Advertisement
With all due respect bon zanmi, that is a dumb take.

He was not unemployed when he was hired he was still at Akron & his medical condition hasn't affected his recruiting one bit. Whatever DL coach you dream of coming here ain't happening bro, get comfortable with Stroud because he's gonna be here for the next few years.

Our 2021 Defensive line class at DT & DE will be the best it's been in the last 4 years & Stroud will play a big part in that.

As for 2021 dline class that is two years away an unfortunately S. FLA love to jump on the UM train as early commits an that is more about using Miami cache to stir up hype than about the coach. How has Stroud done in closing on the 2020 kids?

Stroud was let go by the new Akron Head Coach in December 2018.

So let me ask you this, would you prefer Miami to keep Todd Stroud over paying the NC State buyout to get Kevin Patrick?

Go Canes
Fast forward to 4 min mark, he talkes about being fired at Akron.

Last edited:
Most head coaches that come into a new position let go of the previous staff to hire their own. This doesnt prove your point

check Akron's defensive stats, they middle of the MAC at best under his Tenure an I don't believe he his time there he even had a player drafted. Where we have coaches like coach Kool consistently take no star kids an turn them into all Conference players who get drafted. So why couldn't Stroud do that with at 1 player in 7 years at Akron. We know it can done at Akron look at Jason Taylor.

Go Canes

Last edited:
How check Akron's defensive stats, they middle of the MAC at best under his Tenure an I don't believe he his time there he even had a player drafted. Where we have coaches like coach Kool consistently take no star kids an turn them into all Conference players who get drafted. So why couldn't Stroud do that with at 1 player in 7 years at Akron. We know it can done at Akron look at Jason Taylor.

Go Canes

Missouri has had 225 players drafted in that program's history. Akron has 17. What an asinine comparison. Jason Taylor is one of two DL drafted in that program's history. They weren't coaching the same level of prospects. All of sudden Stroud gets to a program with some talent in NC State and guys get drafted.

Advertisement
Missouri has had 225 players drafted in that program's history. Akron has 17. What an asinine comparison.

No my point is about dline player development during Coach Stroud's time at Akron. Coach Kool consistently took lumps of coal and turned them into high quality diamonds. See the Forest for the trees my friend.

Go Canes

No my point is about dline player development during Coach Stroud's time at Akron. Coach Kool consistently took lumps of coal and turned them into high quality diamonds. See the Forest for the trees my friend.

Go Canes

And when Stroud was at NC State, a place that doesn't recruit on the highest level his players got drafted too. Manny Lawson was a 2-star prospect. First round pick. John McCargo another 2-star. First round pick. Maybe stop licking the sap coming out of trees and educate yourself.

Go Canes

“An” does not equal “And”.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back