Link to PAC-12 postgame press conference below (if interested)

The only way you can interpret his response is that he wants to hear what Miami offers and if they match the commitment he expects he’s gone if they don’t he signs the extension and deal the numbers later.

But based on how this week went and his answers at the presser short of Miami backing out of its financial commitment he’s gone. You don’t go through all this and get beat down only to stay unless everything falls apart.

After tonight's performance, I think the new AD will make not signing a football HC until after he is on the job a condition of employment, so Miami may not "back out" per se, but also explore other options,

Advertisement
"Oregon is working on some stuff for me and that's what I have right now."

go and watch his answer on recruiting. that was most interesting.
Yep. The fact that he didn’t say we are going to hit the ground running or some cliche answers means he gone.

After tonight's performance, I think the new AD will make not signing a football HC until after he is on the job a condition of employment, so Miami may not "back out" per se, but also explore other options,
You’re assuming that there was not an understanding that Mario was the number 1 target and he gave the ok.

Advertisement
Reporters should have asked: “Will you rule out becoming the coach at Miami?”

If he said anything but “Yes” we’d have a better sense of what’s going on.
I'd have answered thar question with "I will not be the coach at LSU next year" and walked out.

I will admit, I didn’t buy the argument don’t fire Manny till Cristobal is done at the pac 12 championship until watching this press conference. Tough to watch. He’s got to be so angry with everything, and even if he wanted to tell the truth, he can’t.
I understand this but also, If you want him you could have gone after him before any post season games like Brian Kelly and Lincoln Riley (potential playoff appearances)

Advertisement
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be ***,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light

Advertisement
Back