Lingard wants football and track

ageezy

Cane til I Die
Basically wants a program with both good football and track, wants to do hurdles in 2020 olympics (got info from CS)

Last edited:
Advertisement
I thought I read where his times weren't in the upper echelon and were actually right around where Walter Tucker was. Regardless, make him an Olympic hurdler, UM. It's on U.

#WhateverItTakes

Hey Tweed...how's are Texas' and Clemsons track programs? How do u think he fits those programs?

Advertisement
I thought I read where his times weren't in the upper echelon and were actually right around where Walter Tucker was. Regardless, make him an Olympic hurdler, UM. It's on U.

#WhateverItTakes

Hire the **** track coach of his choice, make it happen!

UM should hire the former Team USA Olympic Track coach. Oh wait . . .

So you're saying we already have a top track coach? Can't follow every program.

Have our track coach do an in home with CMR and have her bring all the Olympic medals she won as a coach

Not Tweed,

but both Texas and Clemson have historically strong track teams. FSU too, but NOT in the hurdle events....

This is how the rankings shook out at the end of track season last year: Road To Eugene Shakes Up Men’s NCAA DI Rankings ::: USTFCCCA

Texas had a top 25 110 hurdler in John Burt (WR for the team), but thats about it....Miami? No where to be found...finished ranked at the 100th best team in the final rankings of last season

Advertisement
Amy Deem is head of UM's track program. She has previously been the head women's track coach for Team USA in some of their most successful periods, including the 2012 Olympics.

As for hurdles, Lingard shouldn't have to look any further than Artie Burns' experience at UM. He was very successful in both track and football at UM before being drafted in the first round of the NFL draft

Artie Burns Bio - University of Miami Hurricanes Official Athletic Site

UM's track program is not considered elite in terms of winning on the big stage (team) because of the fact that the school allocates less scholarship money to the track program than some of the larger public schools. Most of the time NCAA track athletes nationwide don't have full scholarships. NCAA track programs are allotted X amount of money and they distribute it as they see fit to fill out their roster. UM is very good at what it does but doesn't have the same amount of scholarship money for its track roster that some other programs (FSU) have.

That takes nothing away from an individual track athletes opportunity to succeed at UM. They'll get top notch coaching and training in a great program. The only negative is that it lessens the individuals chance to get a team ACC ship. BUt, that is not exactly the most meaningful thing in track

Most of track is an individual sport besides the relay events....its you vs the others on the track

Advertisement
Real men aim for The Goodwill Games or The Pan-American Games. That said, looks like his 100m time is only slightly better than Lauryn Williams' and ain't nobody had to make her any promises about being able to play football at Miami too.

Advertisement
USC would be a good choice for him. They have a great track program and top football team. I just want to see the kid make the best decision.

Basically wants a program with both good football and track, wants to do hurdles in 2020 olympics (got info from CS)

Love the young man's ambition, but his competing in the 2020 Olympics is likely a pipe dream. Doesn't matter where he goes to college or who's coaching him. Almost impossible to juggle college football, especially a running back absorbing hits, with training to compete at the international level. His sophomore football season (2019) would hopefully end with a bowl game in late December or January and the track and field trials for Tokyo will be in late May or early June. That's a ridiculous turn around.

USC would be a good choice for him. They have a great track program and top football team. I just want to see the kid make the best decision.

This man is a magnanimous football guy right here. He just wants what's best for the kid.

Advertisement
Back